Deleted

Murderball Gamestyle?

I'm not familiar with this term. Could somebody explain what this new Bg will be about?
    Thanks in advance.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    As I could tell, capture an orb, hold the orb, the longer you hold it the more damage it does to you (a DoT) and the longer your team has it the more points or whatever.

Most "murderball" style bgs are where there's a central item that needs to be picked up and held (more time=more points). Usually, the longer you hold the item, the more damage you take.

Search 'Fang of Regulos' in google and you get a full explanation on what murderball will be.

Deleted
    It's pretty simple. Your team has to hold a certain object (wouldnt know what its going to be), and the longer you hold it, the more points you have and damage the holder takes.

Deleted
    You pick up the ball like you would a flag and hold it, when you hold it you take continuously increasing damage but your team generates points, if you stand in the middle oft he map with the ball you generate points a lot faster than if you go hide in a corner with it.

What i like about this gamestyle is that every other BG pretty much encourages you to ignore other players and charge an objective. THIS game style because there is only one ball you will have to kill the enemy to get it and fight the enemy off to stop them taking it from you, the entire battle is more or less entirely pure player vs player fighting.

This will rock as long as a single healer can't out heal the ball damage.

You pick up an item located in the center of a circular room.

The closer you are to the center, the more damage you take, and the damage increases. You also gain more points.

Whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins.

Deleted
    It sounds interesting. Its a WSG but you have to hold the flag?

I thought it would be a SOTA version of killerball or what that game is called.

10+ Year Old Account
    lets just hope a healer ques for these =/

Awsome sig made by :Eis
    Jayne Cobb: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorzz View Post
    Search 'Fang of Regulos' in google and you get a full explanation on what murderball will be.
    I freaking loved that BG in Rift. I'd grab the fang on my cleric, and just spam heal myself. Was freaking epic.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I freaking loved that BG in Rift. I'd grab the fang on my cleric, and just spam heal myself. Was freaking epic.
    Yeah Black Garden is one of the better warfronts in rift.... it's a good way to blend an artificial objective with actual PvP... you know, like killing other players and not sneaking around capturing flags or driving catapults. Blizzard is wise to borrow this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    the dots will do more damage the longer you carry it. this means the healers won't be able to keep up with the dmg and another allied player must take over the item. cooperate or die tryin'.

And I also hope that when a player holding the item dies (the poor noob), the item is being transported to a random point of the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*