Just had a conversation with a GM about MMR.

Just had quite a long conversation with a GM about how MMR works.

The whole conversation was basically me asking what rating I need to play a RBG at to recieve my extended RBG cap for the next week.
    The GMs response was always "I can't tell you."

He/She proceeded to literally say that they were asked to SPECIFICALLY not tell me how MMR works and what rating my game would need to be at to recieve the cap. I had already been through a couple GMs at that stage who did not want to answer my simple ticket.

Now, With all these horrible MMR changes there will probably not be a good season until next expansion unless they wipe everyone's MMR.

How do you feel about these horrible changes that Blizzard won't even give us the details about? Specifcally telling their GMs to ignore everything about it.

1500+ do work son

10+ Year Old Account
    Game masters have never been able to offer help for things like this though. They can't give you raid strategies, tell you where to quest, or tell you how many games you need for cap.

My question is, why would you ask a game master in the first place? I mean, it's not like there's not threads and threads on the subject in every WoW PvP forum.

Blizzard gave us all the details through their community managers. I don't know what detail you missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for my newbness, what is MMR?
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Deleted
    It's your match making rating when doing 2v2/3v3/5v5 and rBGs.

If my MMR is 1800, the system would want to put me against opponents around the same score, in order to make the match as even as possible.

So following this logic, you should have a 50/50 chance of beating a team that's 1800 rated. Now, if you're out performing these 1800 teams and win, the system will try to put you up against 1900 rated teams as your rating increases. If you keep beating those teams as well, it'll try and put you up against 2000 teams, and so on. Same thing happends when you looses to 1800 teams, it'll decrease your MMR, and you'll start meeting lower-rated teams

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 11:03 PM ----------

Note: It is possible to meet players whose MMR is higher than yours, but since it takes the overall score of each team to set up a match it's possible.

Deleted
    also, if i remember correctly, don't the MMR requirements for the other team become more lenient as you're longer in the queue? like if the queue lasts long enough, a 1500 team might encounter a 1800 rated team?

Deleted
    Yes, that's how it usually feels like.

You do have a post on top of the forum as towards how it works, but umm, if you wanted to know that you could've easily went to a cap calculator website or something.
    However since MMR is being touched in this topic and I've qued more than enough this season to know somethin about it, here's what I've gathered you meet teams around your mmr if que < 1min if que >1min you can meet teams 100+/- your mmr and each minute it gains another 100, after about 3min in que you gain the possibility of meeting people from other bg's (if any are queing, otherwise you just meet a 2200 mmr team while you're above 2600). You drop 200 mmr each time you leave a team above 1k rating, also because of the new system (and lack of people queing) your rating is absolutely doomed if you can't winstreak alot, basically if you can't pull off 10+ winstreaks each time you que (with that random loss in between) glad is just a distant dream, imo this gladiator would be the one you'd feel best about, no matter which glad you had in the past (I've had vengefull brutal and furious, this is by far the hardest season(NOBODY IS FRIGGIN QUEING)) so, yeah if you want proper ratings, you really have to be something else, so gl, and have fun.

Deleted
    I don't get it why do you in first place make a ticket to ask that question a GM. I mean if you asked on trade chat you'd get the answer you were looking for, guild, friends forums? Come on making a ticket about that it's just lame no offence.