Thread: Warcraft 3

Warcraft 3

Hey i was wondering is warcraft 3 worth getting? i heard it was a good game and i love rts , i wanted to check it out on youtube etc but i couldnt find any real videos on it apart from some very slow games, probably the best of which was vs very easy ai with 50% hp handicap(cant really tell anything about the game due to that).

ty for any replys!

Deleted
    Yeah it's pretty good. I bought it recently off play.com for £2.66 (just the vanilla version, no expansions) and it was definitely worth that. Usually I'm not a fan of RTS, but I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Hey i was wondering is warcraft 3 worth getting? i heard it was a good game and i love rts , i wanted to check it out on youtube etc but i couldnt find any real videos on it apart from some very slow games, probably the best of which was vs very easy ai with 50% hp handicap(cant really tell anything about the game due to that).

ty for any replys!
    Some would say it's the best game of its genre.

Deleted
    it's EXCEPTIONALLY good. you got 4 campains, with 6-8 missions each, and a lot of them are pretty unique. for example, in one mission you need to get through a cave filled with crazy druids stuck in bear form, and you need to make your way through it without killing any of them, just by using CC. and that's just 1 of 3 parts of that mission. in another mission, you need to guide a hero and 6 units through a cave, while defending your base outside from constant scourge attacks. and the expansion is even better. also, if you get a store version (not online), be sure to PATCH THE GAME. blizzard has even gone so far as patching warcraft 3 and the expansion so it works on vista and 7.

you'll also get to know some supporting characters pretty well, like Rexxar or Varimathras. it's really worth the money.

Deleted
    WC 3 is a great game and expansion The Frozen Throne is even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Some would say it's the best game of its genre.
    i thought that was starcraft. . .

OT: I own it and play it occasionally. The campaigns are nice to get WoW lore from also - with arthas, and the founding of durotor.

ty guys im going to give it a try! love rts in general but i tend to play more macro style ones like supreme comander and sc2.

It's rpg/rts feature is very unique and wc3's custom map is the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    ty guys im going to give it a try! love rts in general but i tend to play more macro style ones like supreme comander and sc2.
    wc3 is extremely focused on micromanagement, i.e specific unit abilities.

Fun game. I enjoyed it, I even did a bit of skins and modelling for awhile. The world editor is really cool too. Much simpler than the sc2 one.