Thread: Plate classes

15+ Year Old Account

Plate classes

Between a ret pally, Frost/UH DK, and an Arm/fury warrior, which of the three is best at leading a charge in BG's and surviving through it all? I've always like the plate melee aspect of PVP and charging in with heals or just a group and taking a beating.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Ret paladin is probably the most durable, and fun (for me) to solo with.
    Warriors are pain in the ass without a healer for dispelling.
    DKs are pretty squishy, but do a lot of damage.

In terms of raw damage, DK > Warrior > Paladin, IMO. For cooldowns Ret has them all beat though.

For mobility, Warrior > Paladin = DK

For durability/surviving, Paladin > Warrior > DK

(specs used would be Arms Warrior, Ret Paladin, and Frost DK. Fury is terrible, and Unholy isn't very fun for BGs)
    Last edited by Larynx; 2011-10-22 at 08:32 PM.

Deleted
    Besides a rets WoG heal on a 20ish sec CD, their overall survivability compared to a DK is pretty bad, who got so many abilities to gain health.

Warriors are always a good choice if you've got yourself a pocket healer

Just a note, the DKs playing in the Blizzcon tournaments are Unholy, not Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Just a note, the DKs playing in the Blizzcon tournaments are Unholy, not Frost.
    Except for Frost is better than unholy for RBGs because of class mechanics. Unholy in general is better in arena (Please note that if you are doing just 2s, you probably want to play frost, because unholy is much easier to shut down in 2s compared to 3s), because of how arena works.

To elaborate on the pros/cons of dks:
    Unholy pros:
    Better necrotic strikes
    better mobility
    better survivabilty
    good burst cds
    higher skillcap
    Unholy cons:
    if you get taken off your target long enough, you lose a big part of your damage. Also, your ranged damage isn't as good as it is as frost.
    pet management (this is a big issue due to pets not behaving how they should or easily being cced, causing you to lose a big portion of your burst/damage)
    Frost Pros:
    Big aoe damage (this is a big plus in rbgs when you're guarding a node)
    less reliant on nerotic strike, big cds to do damage (necrotic is still a big part of it, but a big part of frost's damage comes from frost strike/howling blast/oblit on cloth targets)
    no pets that can be cced
    decent ranged damage
    Frost cons:
    bad mobility, which means your damage can be kited a lot easier
    poor survivability, which means you have to spend a lot more time losing and not doing damage to prevent dying
    not a high skill cap (meaning that you don't have as much that can set you apart from other dks that aren't as good)
    Last edited by Jpwojcik; 2011-10-22 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    Besides a rets WoG heal on a 20ish sec CD, their overall survivability compared to a DK is pretty bad, who got so many abilities to gain health.

Warriors are always a good choice if you've got yourself a pocket healer
    or land a KB and victory rush
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Deleted
    Or do both

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Pallys definitely have the best survivability. Although if you wanna play a FC, go warrior.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok cool, thanks for the replies. Just getting back into PvP and I was trying to decide between rolling a new Warrior, or trying to convert my DK or Pally into a pvp toon. Always so hard for me to decide. Pally is looking like it might be for me. One thing I've always like about DK's and pally's in general is you can do stuff without needing a healer present. Back in BC I had a warrior I loved doing BG's with because you could wade into a group of enemies with a healer and do pretty well.

Anyways, I know much has changed since I pvp'd in BC so I thought I would throw out a "feeler question" to help me know where to start.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD