Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Anyone else besides me who can't see more than 1½ match (ends at Blade Edge, #2 match) after 75 min? :s I can only see 1 grand finale video, and it ends out of nowhere somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Whilst I am content to see a hunter and a bad comp in general be in the grand finals I am pretty pissed that they only won because of RoV. They should've tunneled Another from the beginning due to how vulnerable they are to physical damage, going on Fabio just because lolcloth go on clothie is a pretty cheesy tactic. Plus I'm not a fan of brute-force type of matches, even more so when they win simply because of the map RNG (I realize they won on Dalaran but that was showtime's fault, Another should've humped boxed and he didn't, guess he wasn't expecting it - doesn't matter, they wouldn't have ever made the same mistake again).
    I thought people hated seeing mage/lock dominate the shit out of pvp, I think its awesome a team picked to beat mage/lock actually did it.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cristolol View Post
    OMG #1 Trolls, Goochii AM+Crusader Aura w/such finesse, Jungyup back pedaling with no care ever. Was funsies
    There are situations where you can backpedal, what is the problem with backpadeling if you don't even have to move much, just a tiny bit?
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2011-10-23 at 01:33 PM.

After I saw OMG in the finals I was preety sure it was a loss straight up, because MLP is quite strong against that comp, but I find it preety cheesy that somebody who has MLS as main comp rolls out a paladin to counter a combo as simple as PHDK, shaman has more tools yet they wanted to go for that paladin, I'm more than happy OMG won, and I'm sad DNAW lost to Skill Capped after they beat the favourites(by far) EG, infact, I'd be way more content by seeing DNAW in finals than snutz/pookz, because that afro spaniard, rodriguez, is 3 times as good as pookz, and he deserved that win if anything, after the game with EG it's hard to pull off that many 100% games, and they simply crumbled beneath the pressure, I think Skill Capped doesn't even deserve second prize, but hey, OMG won, with that PHDK which is definately that spark that says, anybody can win blizzcon, if they are competent enough. Big hats off to Jungyup, and extreme salute to Goochi, insane play on sewers, the ANTI HUNTER ARENA going to a hunter vs. MLP a counter, more than impressed, great show by the Koreans, and after all, we all know that the Americans are all a joke, DNAW 2-0'd Skill Capped in round robin, and they went 2-0 up against them in semi finals, I think they more than deserved that spot in the finals. Toez Snutz and Pookz are sub-par MLS players, they are the type of player who will snipe you with alt team if you come close to getting r1, instead of facing you on mains, that's just the way they are, fags all out and they deserve to lose.

---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 03:53 PM ----------

It's more than apparent that hydra is somewhat bitter towards Skill Capped, However the wintrading screenshots, do preety solidly prove that they shouldn't have qualified http://i.imgur.com/YEJPj.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OSVcI.jpg I don't know I really find the entire thing cheesy

Deleted
    Skill on that hunter was impressive (disengage Howl and deter coil etc). The paladin was strange though, kinda dunno what to make out of him, he is obviously amazing but likes crusader aura a lot .

Also snutz is a smug soab...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    kinda dunno what to make out of him, he is obviously amazing but likes crusader aura a lot .
    I just figured he had AM'd resistance aura seeing as that's not an awful idea, even though I don't think any paladin would intentionally AM another aura than concentration against a comp like MLP, when I heard/saw it was indeed crusader I was pretty baffled.

Going to copy paste a post of mine from another thread;

They played perfect (literally) on the last map there, no question about it - the positioning the paladin had all the time and how amazing his synergy was with both the hunter and the DK ALL THE TIME was absolutely mind blowing. One bad fear path and the hunter/DK could've died before he could even peekaboo his head above the side-stairs but they didn't. If they switched onto the DK the paladin would head to the side with sprint, top him off from there, if they went after the hunter he'd be downstairs pumping heals (mage wouldn't dare going through the minefield that a hunter is to catch a CS/sheep).

I'm full on pumped. I'm extremely impressed by the WoW play someone that is both Korean and not Orangemarmalade can evidently display. The hunter and DK were amazing players too (a HUNTER, on Dalaran, that alone says a lot - his damage was mindblowing, though that is to be expected) too but as a holy paladin I need to say that guy played it flawlessly. His cooldown management was thoroughly impressive too, on top of his positioning. Beautiful play, I think I could actually cry a bit just about now (like Snutz).
    So much attention went to Jungyup when his DK and Pally were the actual star of the Tournament.

Before watching the semifinals and watching Yaspresents, I always thought Another was world class, then I watch the semi-finals and Sleepings completely outplayed and embarrassed him, especially his positioning. His AMZs were perfectly placed, and he got a lot of great Dark Sim. He got Polys, Fears, Iceblock, etc. that decided games. Not to mention the Deathgrips into Jungyup's Frost Traps too.

Don't get me started on Goochi, he tanked a Mage and Warlock at 20% hp refusing to pop Bubble that allowed his team to play longer and get the kill. Don't think any of the US/EU teams was prepared to face a Paladin of that calibre. Amazing CD usage and gutsy play.

Jungyup was just being good and as always, great positioning, but I felt he didn't do anything mindblowing like Sleepings or Goochi did. He just did his part and obviously these guys have great synergy. The final game when Snutz pulled out his Imp to dispel his healer, we didn't even see Jungyup cast Mark over Toez. I first saw this trick on Braindeadly's video on how to avoid your trapped target getting MD'd by Shadow Priests, that's the type of 'exceptional' moves I was expecting if people were to call him the best hunter in the world.

I hope people realize that:

-exceptional positioning and communication by all 3 members
    -possibly the best healer (Gooochi) at Blizzcon
    -possibly the best DK (Sleepings) and his flawless play, AMZ placements and incredible Dark Sims.

And not focus so much on the hunter and telling the Hunter PvP community that they're fine, because they could still use some fine-tuning.

Deleted
    I think Reckful told that guy,whatever the outcome,don't cry

I loved the Grand Final,the second match was the best

OMG won a match in the round-robin by blowing all cd's and nuking Shaman inside a lot of CC.
    Last edited by Norjak; 2011-10-23 at 06:27 PM.

no actually in dnaw, the fat guy is sham fro guy is rodriguez (spanish yo) and the mid guy is dakkroth

Hunter was kinda bad not going to lie, DK had to grip targets into Ice Trap, But I think that Another Is like on a WHOLE other level then any other dk ^.^

Deleted
    That's basically what I was expecting. Or well, I would've thought S-C would've come second, EG third, Yaspresents first. They're all good, but honestly, having a PHD on the finals just because RoV is an abortion makes me really quite sad. I wanted to be happy for them but I can't, really.

Plus I need to stop having flashbacks of S8 whenever my dispellcleave entered RoV thinking it may be Beastcleave/ATC/PHD else I'm going to have a coronary.
    i dont care that they won on bad map tbh im just happy a hpala fucked over all those rshams !

I was most impressed with Goochi, Sleepings, and Rodriguez this tournament. I thought Snutz played pretty poorly in the grand finals with lots of late fears and just not enough pressure. I'm not sure how well his imp singe strat worked but not having the insane felhunter shadowbite damage was very noticable. Also why did pookz go troll? The snare reduction is kind of pointless with all the spammable chillblains/chains, chimera/conc shots. Berserking is nice every 3 minutes but it's obvious that he was going to be their kill target and rocket jumping out of hunter LOS might have saved him a couple times there.

I thought jungyup played pretty well too. Some of his disengages out of range for snutz fears or detterencing the coils were pretty pro. He also had some goddamn miracle traps. I mean threading a needle from like 30 yards away in a crowd. He sac'd a lot of deeps and gave out a lot of well timed freedoms.

Asians are gods of video games.

Also, not to any detriment to skillcapped, they are obviously better than me at arena but it shows that OMG are just insanely skilled players (I mean seriously who plays PHDK at glad level anymore?) whereas the skillcapped team were carried a little bit with their warlock/shaman combo.

I just figured he had AM'd resistance aura seeing as that's not an awful idea, even though I don't think any paladin would intentionally AM another aura than concentration against a comp like MLP, when I heard/saw it was indeed crusader I was pretty baffled.
    Ye when watching his play i thought he was definitely playing really well but also making basic mistakes, especially seeing he didn't refresh BoK-BoM much if at all (hard to see with this spectator client, but I didn't see BoK-BoM being refreshed during fights (on both sides), and thats something easy to notice).

They were definitely playing good, but their opponents also clearly underestimated them, and their comp. Also, most of their opponents probably didn't expect that much damage from PHD, and probably lacked practice when it comes to playing against PHD, as this setup has hardly ever been played this extension.

Mage Lock Paladin is probably the biggest counter to PHD ever, and yet Snutz/Pookz/Toez (as much as I respect them, I didn't think much of Pookz's and Toez's play on most games vs that PHD) actually lost to them, which should be a shame for them.

I was kind of surprised by the paladin's positioning (it isn't that great under normal circumstances, however his team does so much damage that the warlock-mage can't afford to come close to him to swap-cc him, and that's why his positioning was so great), but it ended up being great. I really liked that HoJ he got on Toez on Blade's Edge, that forced Pookz's second block, i still find it amazing.

PS : People tend to overreact a bit, they also made some mistakes that apparently noone noticed, things that happen (they used both freedom on dk at the same time quite a few times) for sure, but everything wasn't perfect as people pretend it was.

Anyway, I'm glad they won and actually loved their play / setup, the most hilarious thing about them was when that girl was interviewing them after they eliminated Fabyo's team, she asked "But why do you guys play with a hunter ? I mean it's not very common..", and Goochii (I think it was him?) answered "Well, he - points at Jungyup - only knows how to play hunter, that's why we play with a hunter".

I felt like they were so different from other teams mindset wise that I was very happy they won and not one of those guys that seem to look down on everybody, was so much fun lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightlol View Post
    PS : People tend to overreact a bit, they also made some mistakes that apparently noone noticed, things that happen (they used both freedom on dk at the same time quite a few times) for sure, but everything wasn't perfect as people pretend it was.
    Yeah I admit I was personally ridiculously excited because of everything that happened and overlooked quite a lot of shit but looking at the matches today again I can see quite a few faults here and there; mainly the freedom overlapping, roar when the DK was at 40% with sac and the paladin free-casting, the obvious aura mastery fails, etc. Still, their play was nigh flawless, though, it's a Herculean feat to drag out a match for that long as PHD against a hard-counter. The positioning they had was 99% of the time the best they could possibly have, interesting to see how insanely different their play-style is compared to US/EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightlol View Post
    Anyway, I'm glad they won and actually loved their play / setup, the most hilarious thing about them was when that girl was interviewing them after they eliminated Fabyo's team, she asked "But why do you guys play with a hunter ? I mean it's not very common..", and Goochii (I think it was him?) answered "Well, he - points at Jungyup - only knows how to play hunter, that's why we play with a hunter".

I felt like they were so different from other teams mindset wise that I was very happy they won and not one of those guys that seem to look down on everybody, was so much fun lol
    This made me happy. I was pretty pissed when they beat Showtime but shortly after I didn't even care anymore simply due to how upbeat their team was - they looked as if they were playing from home, almost, they were obviously upset after they'd lost and focused during the matches but it looked as if they were there to have fun, glad to be in America doing something they love and walked out with 75k like it's nothing. The other teams were there for the money/fame/pride/etc (hi Snutzington), clearly, whilst OMG was just doing their thing, enjoying themselves, looked like a really friendly bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    Anyone else besides me who can't see more than 1½ match (ends at Blade Edge, #2 match) after 75 min? :s I can only see 1 grand finale video, and it ends out of nowhere somehow.
    Yep I had the same issue on multiple browsers and computers. The VOD of the final match stops at 7:30 pm.
    I only saw the first round and part of the 2nd. I really want to see the whole thing because I heard it went 3-2.

I hope someone posts an issue on the wow forums for this.

People say wow arena is shit PVP? bollocks, this event itself was amazing and even though I'm sick of the sight of locks and shamans the skill involved was sky high and it was amazing to watch, I've watched almost every event where wow PVP was played and the majority has been good the problem is they are few and far between, wow PVP played at this level is good and not dead as some may say.

It's good seeing different nations bring something difference, MLS from America is more CC based imo whereas MLS from Europe is more dps based then you have koreans bringing a hunter to mix things up and winning, people whine about wow PVP all the time saying shit ain't balanced etc but fact is, this event showed how good it can be and if you didn't enjoy it you obviously don't PVP.

Gochii played really really well, VIP of OMG team. So awesome positions all the time, he really carried those backpeddle koreans
    And pookz probably the player that whiped Skill capped in the finals by playing somewhat bad.