Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kath01 View Post
    and stun yourself each time you cast Holy Wrath? =(
    Undead priests would like a word with you. But their jaws fell off years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    I would have rather had undead be paladins than Tuaren. There's at least a precedent for it (Sir Zeliek of the Four Horsemen in Naxx) which makes it a whole lot more plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Undead priests would like a word with you.
    Forsaken being able to use "holy" spells is for game play limitations. It was easier for Blizzard to have standard talents and spells for each class/race, instead of forcing limitations based on lore. According to lore, "Former priests of the Holy Light lost their faith when they became undead... founded a new religion based on a self-centered version of their former faith."

In a Q&A with Devs last year,

"For the undead (and Forsaken), this requires such a great deal of willpower that it is exceedingly rare, especially since it is self-destructive. When undead channel the Light, it feels (to them) as if their entire bodies are being consumed in righteous fire. Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: sure, the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful."

Blizzard could make Forsaken paladins, it's their lore to change, but Forsaken paladins makes as much sense as Draenei warlocks.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Well a problem with that as I see it right now is druid's actually have a lot more to do with the sun now in Cata, with the whole new eclipse dillio. Also, I think they were just trying too hard to make it work out so horde could have another paladin race. Honestly, I would have rather had undead be paladins than Tuaren. There's at least a precedent for it (Sir Zeliek of the Four Horsemen in Naxx) which makes it a whole lot more plausible.
    The only problem with Undead is that Undead are not and can not wield the Light either. It's a purely gameplay component that Undead can be Holy/Disc Priests. They do not exist in lore. Undead are burned mercilessly in the righteous fire of the holy Light when they try to channel it. That little thing they said at Blizzcon about "oh well it's really rare" was a copout to RP players who felt cheated. In actual lore, not gameplay mumbo jumbo, Undead are only Shadowpriests.

As someone else said, it makes about as much sense for Undead paladins to exist in lore as it does for Draenei warlocks to exist in lore, i.e. no sense at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton View Post
    The only problem with Undead is that Undead are not and can not wield the Light either. It's a purely gameplay component that Undead can be Holy/Disc Priests. They do not exist in lore. Undead are burned mercilessly in the righteous fire of the holy Light when they try to channel it. That little thing they said at Blizzcon about "oh well it's really rare" was a copout to RP players who felt cheated. In actual lore, not gameplay mumbo jumbo, Undead are only Shadowpriests.

As someone else said, it makes about as much sense for Undead paladins to exist in lore as it does for Draenei warlocks to exist in lore, i.e. no sense at all.
    Well as far as the part of the lore that concerns the game specifically, as not all lore outside of the game pertains to the game itself, I have already given you a pretty clear example of un undead paladin. Not only is he undead, but he's a part of the scourge, and doesn't even have his own will.

Yes, but Zeliek is supposed to be a freak occurrence. That's what makes his character interesting. Like the stories you hear about a mother lifting a truck off her baby. The reaction is "HOLY HELL THAT'S CRAZY!" not "this should become a normal thing for all mothers to do"
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

i wouldn't be surprised if it would be trolls. the heretics were in zul'gurub before we got there, and we'll be expanding on the troll story in this x-pac, so i think we'll get some heretic action.

No moooore Paladins!

Sorrow is the price we pay for love. Love to Vervaine for the signature.

the priest trainer in dethknell used to say something about how forsaken balance the light and shadow, meaning that they do infact use the light to some extent.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    In my opinion Undead should be able to roll Paladins, they should be able to be whatever class they have been when they were alive
    Good.

There are exactly ZERO Forsaken Paladins. They were immune to Arthas' plague.

However, I agree Forsaken should play Paladins....only I#d call them Shadow Knights, Dread Lords or whatever. A class that uses similar mechanics but isn't a Paladin.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post

There are exactly ZERO Forsaken Paladins. They were immune to Arthas' plague.

....only I#d call them Shadow Knights, Dread Lords or whatever. A class that uses similar mechanics but isn't a Paladin.

EJL
    1) That's something I forgot to mention. Sir Zeliek is not a Forsaken, he was raised and mentally resisted being turned into a Death Knight.

2) A similar class but isn't a paladin? Like a plate wearer that can use 2handed weapons and uses shadow/unholy magical abilities to inflict damage and self heal? I'd call those Death Knights. Yes, Forsaken SHOULD be able to be that class...

I wantz to be Pandadin! =(

No other race in the Horde makes any sense lorewise to be Paladins. Trolls, maybe, but they wouldn't be paladins, they would be Sunwalkers. That would actually be a lot harder, because their druids don't exactly worship the moon, the worship nature and all the Loa. Trolls would be a serious lore stretch. Pandas, they are all about yin and yang. Paladins are all about the yin. That doesn't exactly work either. Orcs, nope. They are shamanistic. Undead, this would absolutely MURDER any lore that is left in this game; while Tauren make sense, because they only function as Paladins in the game, they are not really Paladins at all. They are Sunwalkers.

To be honest, the next race that makes the most sense to be Paladins are....................................

Gnomes >.>
    Well FUCK YEAH IT'S GNOMES!!!!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    2) A similar class but isn't a paladin? Like a plate wearer that can use 2handed weapons and uses shadow/unholy magical abilities to inflict damage and self heal? I'd call those Death Knights. Yes, Forsaken SHOULD be able to be that class...
    Or you could call them Shadow Knights and have them use Paladins spells and mechanics and pretend they are using Shadow instead of Holy.

EJL

Deleted
    Horde "paladins" desecrate the class enough already, we don't need another ridiculous race/class combo that would only attract more retards.

The group mentioned above could also stop that bullshit about Forsaken paladins. It has been discussed many, many times and the conclusion is that a race so blatantly and openly evil can't produce paladins.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2011-10-24 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Horde "paladins" desecrate the class enough already, we don't need another ridiculous race/class combo that would only attract more retards.

The group mentioned above could also stop that bullshit about Forsaken paladins. It has been discussed many, many times and the conclusion is that a race so blatantly and openly evil can't produce paladins.
    Actually with current lore, it's speculated that the "Holy Light" comes from the Naaru. It's not some otherworldly deity, it's just some Naaru empowering people who share their belief in justice.

So Blood Elves being paladins, by empowering themselves with the Light from a captured Naaru makes perfect sense in lore. They have now redeemed themselves in the eyes of the Naaru for fighting back against Kil'Jaeden at the Sunwell, and can wield the Holy Light provided by the Naaru freely. Just a little lore help. They actually are Paladins "now". They used to be Blood Knights for all intents and purposes.

Sunwalkers are not Paladins. Never are, never have been, never will be. They are Tauren druids who worship the Sun. They get the Paladin class only from a gameplay perspective.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually with current lore, it's speculated that the "Holy Light" comes from the Naaru. It's not some otherworldly deity, it's just some Naaru empowering people who share their belief in justice.
    Well....no. The Light doesn't come from the Naaru. The Naaru are servants of the Light.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't want new race class combinations, could be just me but

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Well....no. The Light doesn't come from the Naaru. The Naaru are servants of the Light.

EJL
    It's still not clear whether the Naaru serve the Light, or if they actually ARE the Light. Like... they aren't deities, they are just powerful beings with magical powers that empower people they define as having just causes and beliefs.

Lore on that hasn't really been explained at all. So most of it is just conjecture.

EDIT - Actually thinking about it, if the Light didn't come from the Naaru, and they were only servants of the Light, than the Blood Elves would not have been able to use the power of the Naaru to wield the Light. So the Light, if the Blood Elves took it from Mu'ru, actually comes FROM the Naaru, and they are the source. <-- speculation.
    Last edited by Handsylton; 2011-10-25 at 07:10 AM.

needs a new race tbh or as most of use know updated player models human males etc blehh !