Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 2 Ladder Reset 25th Oct

Anyone going to be starting a new character for the ladder reset

USWEST / USEAST

i was thinking about doing a Hardcore character probably Skelleymancer would be the safest option
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Do you have anyone to play with? A summoner will get smashed by act bosses and you'll be massively stalled at Diablo and a few others if you don't have a team.

If you do have a team, decide with them, though a summoner/shouter/druid with oak should all be part of every single team on hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Do you have anyone to play with? A summoner will get smashed by act bosses and you'll be massively stalled at Diablo and a few others if you don't have a team.

If you do have a team, decide with them, though a summoner/shouter/druid with oak should all be part of every single team on hardcore.
    Dunno what shit skellymancers you roll with but mine can singlehandedly solo every boss in hell including Diablo Clone and the 3 Ubers in Uber trist, Skellymances require someone to properly spec them and properly gear them. Go for skills over shit like a Beast Axe fanat isnt as much as a boost as arm.

Skellymancer is arguably the cheapest and most self sustainable character you can build in the starting of a new ladder. The only peice that is required is a Nigma.

Also rumor is this ladder reset will come with a massive ban wave that will be the accumalative of the past 3 to 4 years of their shity excuse of a warden logging people using hacks maphacks and bots. If anyone remembers in 2008 about 70% of the entire diablo 2 community got banned and i have a feeling it will be alot more this time.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2011-10-23 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah played necro before got too lvl 94 Hardcore total legit player found all my own runes and stuff.

Yep there no doubt be huge incoming bans pretty sure top 100 99's are bots
    Last edited by starkey; 2011-10-23 at 09:14 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Yeah played necro before got too lvl 94 Hardcore total legit player found all my own runes and stuff.

Yep there no doubt be huge incoming bans pretty sure top 100 99's are bots
    Pretty sure all the 99's are bots, maby in the many past ladder seasons there was a legit 99 but not a chance today. considering with 8 people it takes ove 4000 chaos and baal runs to go from 98 to 99

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Dunno what shit skellymancers you roll with but mine can singlehandedly solo every boss in hell including Diablo Clone and the 3 Ubers in Uber trist, Skellymances require someone to properly spec them and properly gear them. Go for skills over shit like a Beast Axe fanat isnt as much as a boost as arm.
    Minions get upgrades in nightmare and hell. Interestingly enough, these upgrades make them scale better than the upgrades to enemy minions. In short, summons are stronger in nightmare, and even stronger than that in hell, compared to normal.

At level ~25 when you run into Diablo for the first time, his flame wave is going to one shot every single one of your summons every time.

Keep in mind that this is a ladder RESET, he isn't going to have a Beast, Bramble, Pride, up'd homunc, Dream, Enigma, etc. When naked because of a reset, a summoner isn't going to be able to solo very well.

If he uses d2jsp and already has the fg to afford these items in a relatively short time period, he should just wait a week, get grushed, hell baal to 85 and stack his character like everyone else does.

No, kind of done with it really.

too many bots, too many scripters.

Even if you use sites to get your item trades done, you'll be competing with people that get 100x the stock, that you could possibly get as a human.

Ill wait for D3 rather :P
    Still got some non ladder stuff id rather get rid of on the EU servers. but with the ending of another ladder season, there will be SO MANY items coming into the market that the stuff that was already worthless will be worth even less now.

Minions get upgrades in nightmare and hell. Interestingly enough, these upgrades make them scale better than the upgrades to enemy minions. In short, summons are stronger in nightmare, and even stronger than that in hell, compared to normal.

At level ~25 when you run into Diablo for the first time, his flame wave is going to one shot every single one of your summons every time.

Keep in mind that this is a ladder RESET, he isn't going to have a Beast, Bramble, Pride, up'd homunc, Dream, Enigma, etc. When naked because of a reset, a summoner isn't going to be able to solo very well.

If he uses d2jsp and already has the fg to afford these items in a relatively short time period, he should just wait a week, get grushed, hell baal to 85 and stack his character like everyone else does.
    Skellymancers dont youse beast, bramble, homunc, dream and Pride is only for pvp. XD Like i said the most expensive thing will be a nigma and other than that everything else will come with ease. Id still rather Level up a skellymancer than be one of a billion pallys or sorcs trying to get gear. And yeh JSP is the only way to roll.

Dream pride and bramble are for the merc. Beast is going to be the best source of damage, because revived urdars attacking faster means more crushing blows. Homunc is by far the best necromancer shield unless you want Stormshield for max block with lower dex req.

Without items like this, a summoner won't do much more than tank. Skeletons hitting for 200 on mobs with 6k+ health, takes a while.

Dream pride and bramble are for the merc. Beast is going to be the best source of damage, because revived urdars attacking faster means more crushing blows. Homunc is by far the best necromancer shield unless you want Stormshield for max block with lower dex req.

Without items like this, a summoner won't do much more than tank. Skeletons hitting for 200 on mobs with 6k+ health, takes a while.

I dont see why a skellymancer needs block since he should never be getting hit, and if he is he should tele away. Going off that Boneflame provides 3 skills to homu's 2. In the end you need to stack skills, mind you i never pvp in this game my skellymance is built pure around pve.

As for the Merc, the helm is up for grabs, if you wanna do the stacking aura bug then yeh dream is good but i found it was to much of a pain in the ass to do every game. I stuck him with an eth Andys for the obvious bonus's to strength and def. As for the Armour i dont know why you wouldnt use a 4k+ eth bugged Fort seeing as how much damage that ups him by. I know my merc mainly takes out the phys imunes if my mages are occupied.

As for beast, my skellymancer build does not focus on Revives, while i still use them, i only dump one point into them. Beast provides a level 9 fanat and no skill bonus's.

Arm gives all these skill bonus's

+2 To Terror (Necromancer Only)
    +2 To Raise Skeletal Mage (Necromancer Only)
    +3 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
    +3 To Raise Skeleton (Necromancer Only)
    +2 To Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
    +2 To Poison And Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)

for level 9 fanat your party only gets a 93% dmg increase, 28% attack speed increase and some hit rating.

For pure endgame pve i do not see that as close to the arm, you lose more than you gain imo. Mind you iv soloed ubers many many times with nothing but my skellymancer perfectly fine. I dont put a single point into PNB skills either. As for Pride, its a big boost, but when doing boss runs and MF runs and such id rather not have to carry mana pots so i just use insight eth cv on the merc, but i do have a pride on switch in the bank if need be.

Don't play hardcore much? >_>
    Dream is for the CC it brings (free confuse curse), bramble is for thorns, pride is for conviction. Your merc is a very small part of the army that a summoner wields, the auras you can toss on him are much better. Iron Golem crafted out of a good Beast and you can use a real weapon on your Nec, so that you can go into PnB for self killing power. Everything else is about survivability, you don't take the risk of not having max block when it matters, it only needs to matter once.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2011-10-24 at 07:09 AM.

Dream is for the CC it brings (free confuse curse), bramble is for thorns, pride is for conviction. Your merc is a very small part of the army that a summoner wields, the auras you can toss on him are much better. Iron Golem crafted out of a good Beast and you've can use a real weapon on your Nec, so that you can go into PnB for self killing power. Everything else is about survivability, you don't take the risk of not having max block when it matters, it only needs to matter once.
    Never did hardcore, didnt like that idea since any dc can fuck you. So i guess its a different gear selection. Iv never put points into pnb on my skellymance, not one point.

Should at least spend two points on level one corpse explosion, with a good +15 or so skills that most people should be able to eventually get, you can clear entire rooms in a cast or two =/

Dream is for the CC it brings (free confuse curse), bramble is for thorns, pride is for conviction. Your merc is a very small part of the army that a summoner wields, the auras you can toss on him are much better. Iron Golem crafted out of a good Beast and you can use a real weapon on your Nec, so that you can go into PnB for self killing power. Everything else is about survivability, you don't take the risk of not having max block when it matters, it only needs to matter once.
    Not entirely sure about block being a useful addition for a Necro. Getting Block locked by Souls could be devastating if they have friends. Building for resistance (way over cap) and damage reduction is probably a better approach.

To add, slightly offtopic. I killed the ubers with a poison Necro..after hitting it with a no-healing/bleed dagger of which I don't recall the name. Wizardspike ? That was hard
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-10-24 at 07:51 AM.

Sorry to derail the thread a bit but a didn't know where else to post this ^^

I tried downloading the client off of Battle.net as I have it purchased there, but the installer dosen't seem to work? =\ Did this happen to anyone else as I'm guessing people are reinstalling due to the ladder reset - again sorry for derail the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    already seen JAH and high runes for sale, damn those dupers

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    already seen JAH and high runes for sale, damn those dupers
    You cant dupe on Ladder anymore, any and all dupes are on non ladder. This has been in effect for quit some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You cant dupe on Ladder anymore, any and all dupes are on non ladder. This has been in effect for quit some time.
    I've heard rumors from some friends I trust that duping still occurs, it's just much less common than before (partially due to the changes in player demand). I think the site that creates custom perm'd items is still up and running too : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I've heard rumors from some friends I trust that duping still occurs, it's just much less common than before (partially due to the changes in player demand). I think the site that creates custom perm'd items is still up and running too : /
    runes only, from what i understand. it's sad too, because they are basically currency for everything else. at least on us west anyway.

i will roll another conc barb, rabies druid, ma sin and pnb necro come reset. may switch to us east tho, us west was so loaded with bots it wasn't very fun during recent months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah spam bots started almost immediately yesterday

gonna make a frenzy / zerk barb on normal
    and Skellemancer for HC
    Last edited by starkey; 2011-10-27 at 01:57 AM.