Deleted

Running my pc through HDMI TV?

Hey guys,

My rig is pretty much complete but I have one more question that I hope you can help with!

At the moment i have a 24" monitor running at 1920 x 1080

I need a new tv pretty soon and was wondering if I could get this

(meh cant post links but its a 32" samsung le32d550 full HD 1080P)

and then just use my hdmi cable to run my pc through that 32" TV at 1920 x 1080?

Is it as simple as what I am thinking?

Deleted
    Yes. It is.

Yes, with few caveats.

TV will have 'wrong' colors for desktop and stuff like photo editing, but smoother picture for video. Also you might have issues of TV being too far to read text properly compared to 24" monitor sitting on desk right in front of you. I'd rather keep the monitor and have PC plugged into TV with copied desktop so that you can play games and watch movies from TV, but keep the monitor plugged in for anything more serious.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Im using a 38 inch TV as a monitor for my PC. Higher resolutions can be difficult to see and on some games the screen can be darker so I have to change the resolution to something else. I would recommend keeping the monitor honestly.

Deleted
    in my opinion it's better to have a monitor and a tv set separeted ...

a good friend of mine has a 50" plasma tv and has hooked up his computer when his old monitor died.
    now he got his mouse / keyboard on the living room table (which looks crappy) and text-editing / working / studying is pretty hard and annoying when your monitor is 3-4 meters away ...

you can still (depending on graphics card) hook up both, a monitor and a tv ... that's what i did ... since my work room is my living room this way you benefit the most, although it is the most expensive way to solve the issue.

Deleted
    using a 40" Toshiba LCD TV @1920x1080 here.
    I quite literally plugged in the HDMI cable to the TV and the graphics card, altered the scaling options Catalyst control to full over scan. Job done.
    Games are crystal clear, Photoshop / Studio Max is amazing with all the desktop space available to move toolbar about. Web Browsing and writing Documents is perfect.
    The TV cost £300 from best buy, I am seriously considering getting 2 more for a tripple screen setup, however I would need a new GFX card as well.

So for me, Bigger is definitly better

Deleted
    My current graphics card is a nvidia gtx 580 so i guess 1920x1080 wont be a prob on the 32 inch, only think I am wondering now is that I have the tv on my desk and sit about 2 feet from it, will it be to much for my mince pies to handle?