Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'll wipe as much as is needed for progression. Wiped over 350 times on H LK but killing the bastard makes it all worth it

Wipes are expected on progression. However, wiping on farm can annoy me, although not if it was inevitable (fuck you rhyolith). We wiped due to a slow stack on heroic domo the other day and that peeved me a little but w/e it happens.

5 mans? 1 wipe is annoying as hell, 2 is bad, and 3 im gone, these people are terrible. Especially if it's the same boss. Can't stand wiping to something as easy as a 5 man boss.

PuG raids, well, they're a gamble at best. If they're doing something dumb and won't listen to me then I'm out. If it was just a dumb mistake, w/e, it happens. Ill stay for a few wipes but wipe 3 times on 1 easy boss and ill probably leave.

Depends on what the wipes are like, if it's clear that nobody has a clue what they're doing. Then yeah I'll leave after the second wipe after trying to explain tactics to them.

If it's a matter of people making 1-2 mistakes, I'm usually there til other people start leaving which in one case was about 13 wipes on nefarian (in a pug ofc)

PUGs: Strike three, I'm out. Unless it's an extreme failure of a group (ie: wiping like two minutes in while half the DPS are pulling 6k, tanks don't know what to do, healers are wearing greens with strength on them.)

Guild:

On farm content, one wipe is acceptable. Two wipes I get anxious. Three wipes I start yelling at people. Five+ wipes I call the raid night: clearly the players are distracted and are not in any condition to raid that night.

On new content, any number of wipes, so long as we make progress, are fine by me. If progress is not being made, I typically have us move on to new things or finish the content out on normal mode and we try again next week.

Nothing aggravates me more than people that don't know the mechanics of the fight and won't ask before the pull what their job is. I guess people are too embarrassed to ask to save the group and/or themselves time and repair bill?

Sure dieing sucks, wiping is even worse, but its a game shit happens. Perhaps I am stubborn or stupid or both, but I rarely give up, ever.

LFD; I will keep running until I feel its helpless. I can handle if all DPS dies when I tank, most of all the bosses outside zandalari are soloable anyway, or at least nearly soloable even with heals dieing too. I remember week 1-2 of Cata, heroic Lost City, just trying to hold it together for 10 minutes, kiting, healing, everything, while everyone was running back to do some damage and die again, or give me a heal before they again died, was a great time.

PUG; I will stay after wipes, but often even after one people drop and that breaks the raid right then...some people dont want to work for anything.

Guild; Grind it until the end, whatever it takes, but I tend to feel that way about any run anywhere.

In PTR lately, has been ridiculous. People are dropping instantly over anything. A DPS dies to a mechanic they are just learning, it is PTr of course...healer and tank drop group...during the fight. Anyone dies...2-3 people drop group...not even a wipe...people dont even have tolerance for new content, I just don't get it.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders nowadays are whiny crybabies..... for most parts anyways.

I remember back in the days when we spent 1 month+ wiping on Ragnaros 5 nights a week from 19.00 - 24.00 After the raids we had to go and farm fire prot pots. for next nights raid. we spent around 50-60 per person per night.
    Razorgore and Vaelastraz also took 1 month. each Vael also required the painfull farming of fire prot pots.

Nowadays a raid tend to give up if they wipe on the same boss more than 3 times.

Where is the commitment?

As much as I'm looking forward to having a raidfinder for my alts, I also dread all the whining that is surely gonna happen.
    Last edited by tussee; 2011-10-24 at 02:34 PM. Reason: typo
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

I'm a very patient guy. For example, I've never kicked anyone from a pug dungeon for underpreforming. I draw my line, when you join a pug raid for an instance, where the raidleader has asked everyone to link the achievement, but you still wipe like crazy because noone knows wtf to do.

Last week I was in an icc10hc raid, where everyone had to link the LK HC achievement to join. We didn't even make it the gunship battle, because noone were using the cannons, noone were tanking the adds, none of the tanks jumped over to tank muradin, several people fell off, and most people forgot to get the rocket pack. Oh and one guy was level 80 with green gear. Oh and the other rogue insisted on using his warglaives instead of real weapons, because he thought it was cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends on the content.

easy stuff like heroic shannox, I start to get really irritable after 3 or 5 wipes because it means someone is being an idiot. 1 or 2 wipes on farm content is fairly normal, I expect as many wipes as it takes on progression content and expect anything easier than FL normal minus Ragnaros to be a one shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Progression As long as it takes, I dont complain for wiping as long as we are making progress and solving problems.

PuG I dont do progression in pugs and typically only do faceroll content so honestly more than 1 wipe per boss and I am done.

Farm content If I am just farming stuff for lulz with my guild I dont care if we wipe as long as I am having fun.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

If it's not guild related in usually gone by the 4-5th wipe. All content available on normal mode is beyond easy so if I step into a raid with the knowledge that the other 9 players have done the fights and we keep wiping? That doesn't fly with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends if it's a guild or pug or even friends.

I usually get frustrated with the group 4+ on wipes.
    However my guild have been doing Heroic Rag for weeks now, wiping each time. So, I'm just gonna leave it at that, my patience is apparently huge... D:

10+ Year Old Account
    In a PUG, I'll give them some time to fix their mistakes, otherwise I begin to regret joining

Farm Content w/ guild: Everyone becomes frustrated if we wipe too many times. We just usually do our best to get over it and work our way to the end

Progression: Wiping is a form of learning what to do right and wrong. We can put 50+ wipes in if it means perfecting a method for our specific raid comp (On 10 man H Rag, we have very weak AoE dps so p2 is a pain.)

I'm not one to complain though, as I play a hunter and surviving a wipe through FD means I can practice my Pokemon skills for MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a boss that have been downed several times without issues I'm not very tolerate. Maximum of 5-7 wipes depending on reasons. If it's progress raids, I'll wipe on that mofo until he/she lies dead at my feet. Nothing beats that feeling in WoW.

If I'm in a pug it's prolyl cuz I need loot so I'm not really trying to leave over a few (or bunch) of wipes...

That said, I hate wiping to dumb shit. Somebody face pulling trash pack after pack until we truely arent prepared and die. Tanks going with out heals pull after pull until we wipe.

That stuff is annoying and I'll bouce if ppl are being dumb.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not very consistent with my tolerance for wiping. It all depends what kind of mood I am in on any given day.

I don't raid very often so the majority of my time is spent in LFD. You can gauge very early in a run on how it is going to pan out and if we wipe on trash at the start of a dungeon, I am usually out.

However, yesterday I was healing in ZG and the tank that we had explained that he had been on an extended break and didn't know any of the encounters, so I took the time to explain them to him and he learned very quickly. We had a few wipes and went through three DPS who had no patience but we got there in the end and I was happy that a player had gone away knowing that not all PuG's are intolerant.

Deleted
    The only thing that goes me berserk inside is people failing (again ?) on "seen a million time" abilities :
    shannox cristal traps, rag magma-trap bumps and waves, baleroc stacking-while-debuffed...

Death is utterly and completely meaningless in this game... if you look at repair bills as an issue, you shouldn't be raiding to begin with. Folks who rage at wiping have a lot of life issues to learn about. I'd say that more bluntly, but don't really feel like getting infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    3 wipes and i'm done.

1 up
    1 down
    1 to polish
    I lol'd, but back on topic I can handle a lot of wipes when its progression like H rag however when its on stupid stuff like hiting tornadoes repeatedly I usually starting people out after the 4 fail

I will leave in guild raids if there are alot of drama, VERY bad streaks of wipes. This hasent happend trough in Cata so far but 1-(?)2 times.. Getting tired of wipe festes trough, for end-bosses w/e, but just gotta stick it out I guess. Let everyone improve, and hope for kill.

In 5 mans I'll useally leave after 1st wipe, depending how far we are inn/if Im with guilds/alone. Not gonna take much to make me leave in zergfest 5 mans. Like today I joined a ZA. I did 26k overall blazing DPS as tank, pushing it, but atleast the 3 other DPS wasent all bad, so stayed. Healer was pretty great. So stayed for that, and the healer could enjoy his bear mount, witch I for sure boosted them to pulling very fast :P

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Death is utterly and completely meaningless in this game... if you look at repair bills as an issue, you shouldn't be raiding to begin with. Folks who rage at wiping have a lot of life issues to learn about. I'd say that more bluntly, but don't really feel like getting infracted.
    Same can be said for those that make the same mistakes over and over again IRL. Except IRL the consequences are worse for being stupid over and over again than in a video game.