Deleted

Anyway to downclock my Laptop to prevent crashing?

K Well my laptop is overheating when playing minecraft.......
    Its on a flat surface on the table. All ventilation is well open and its running on AC power.

But the problem is... the CPU has a turbo mode of 3.4ghz. Which raises my CPU to 100*C after playing for a while.
    Ive tried disabling HT from the BIOS. But i cant find any other way to change the CPU speed or anything.
    Disabling HT didnt help.

Specs are in my sig..
    Hp EliteBook 8540w 15.6"

Try buying a cooling pad for a long-term solution. Also, is there an option to limit FPS in minecraft?

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Deleted
    Enabling power saving mode will normally restrict the CPU from running too quickly. Toggle for that should be next to the clock in the taskbar.

Deleted
    I had a issue with my HP DV6 that had a Core i7 720Q, I sent it back and it turned out the main CPU fan was faulty. If your under warranty it wouldn't do you any harm to have them check it out.

I agree with the coolermat tho, I use it when I play mindcraft or rage

Deleted
    You can try to undervolt it ( If the bios lets you do it ) or use this : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...-2-Core-i-CPUs

I think ( not sure ) you can't mess with the voltage in that processor, and that program is mainly used to enable Turbo mode non stop, I'm not completly sure , but maybe you can find a way to make it disable the turbo mode.

Good luck , and be careful messing with it .

here's a guide , its mainly about overclocking and enabling turbo , but it should work to do the exact opposite : http://forum.notebookreview.com/hard...top-guide.html

But this is just masking the problem , the cpu shouldn't be overheating in the first place.
    Last edited by mmocda69302ff9; 2011-10-24 at 07:31 AM.