Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MoZ end game boss?

With the lack of info we have received during 2011 Blizzcon, i was wondering what would be the end game boss, When Cata was announced it showed in the footage Deathwing along with double the features/info we gained this year. So does anyone know any ideas who will be the end game boss?

Edit: MoP, sorry.

Double the features? Wtf are you talking about?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

info(official) will start rolling out bits by bits, just give it couple weeks/months.

Vanilla didn't have an endgame boss. Why does this expansion need one? I understand it's a trend, but still.

evil bamboo tree.

shrug. they are going to probably make more cliche asian stuff. I'll bet we have to kill an asian chef who tries to kill you with a giant wok.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Double the features? Wtf are you talking about?
    Watch the Cata announcment video and then watch MoP, you will see that they had more in that then the latest one.

I forsee Old god overall arc with big baddies slightly/completely affected by him and we won't be able to see it or fully know until 1 or two patches before.
    It's your 15 bucks and you can do what you want, but it's our 60 bucks and we think you're an idiot. That's your answer. Do whatever the hell you want to do when you're alone, but in a group setting you're expected to at least ATTEMPT to play your class correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    Vanilla didn't have an endgame boss. Why does this expansion need one? I understand it's a trend, but still.
    A trend that should not have existed. It was cool in BC because it was something different, but it just kept going and I felt like I was waiting for Blizzard to throw another boss on my plate to eat up.

they already said that the 2 pandarian enemies would be, there isnt an end game boss. Its going to focus more on the Alliance and the horde fighting for land and what nots. Time will tell. its only 5.0, and not enough info is out yet. wait and see!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm had literally 30% of the content shown at Blizzcon compared to what we've seen in MoP. As for the "big baddie", it is theorized that the Sha; the manifestation of hatred will be one of the bad guys. From what I understand, the Panderan who are angry at the Horde and Alliance for battling on their soil, attempt to get them to make peace, for their battling is granting power to the Sha.

The Panderan fear the Sha and it is for that reason they do not fight with hate. When a Panderan meets another warrior on the field of battle, they do so admirably and with respect. They do not fight with animosity for that fuels the Sha.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    so sick of this argument.

vanilla also had spirit on tanking gear
    vanilla also had agility on cloth
    vanilla also had 1 tanking class
    vanilla had paladins as buff bots entire raids
    vanilla had almost only tank and spank fights
    vanilla failed on most parts to deliver good storylines through quests (there are exceptions like ony questline etc)

does that mean that vanilla had everything perfect? cause "vanilla was that way" should further expansions be the same? or should they perhaps take what they learned from previous expansions, and build on it, rather then go "back to the roots" that everyone looks at with rose-colored glasses? i had a BLAST through vanilla, but that doesn't mean i want that game again. i know the current state of wow is 50 times better than it was when vanilla was shipped. i don't see any reason why you should go back to those roots.

tl;dr vanilla had no clear direction of where the game was going, so they just threw crap in there.
    Last edited by Dannz; 2011-10-23 at 10:43 PM.

Vanilla did have an "endgame" boss, it was Kel'thuzad, in the tier 3 raid. KT was a major character in Warcraft 3 lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazzeron View Post
    Vanilla did have an "endgame" boss, it was Kel'thuzad, in the tier 3 raid. KT was a major character in Warcraft 3 lore.
    You are right he was an end game boss, so was Rag,Nef,Ony, etc, but they were not the selling point for Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but put it this way.

He wasnt on the cover.

So in vanilla, the main guy changed constantly, In BC it was shown that Illidan was the bad guy because he was in the main cinematic, in Wrath and cata, Both on the boxes, Both in the cinematics, Both shown allllll over the place.

Their different.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c%C3%A9/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Silence/simple
    Sergeant of the Master Sergeants, Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants, To The MAX!

While KT was an "end game" boss, he didn't sum up the events in Vanilla WoW. That is what players are wondering. Ill/KJ, Arthas, DW all wrapped up the expansion. KT did not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    so sick of this argument.

vanilla also had spirit on tanking gear
    vanilla also had agility on cloth
    vanilla also had 1 tanking class
    vanilla had paladins as buff bots entire raids
    vanilla had almost only tank and spank fights
    vanilla failed on most parts to deliver good storylines through quests (there are exceptions like ony questline etc)

does that mean that vanilla had everything perfect? cause "vanilla was that way" should further expansions be the same? or should they perhaps take what they learned from previous expansions, and build on it, rather then go "back to the roots" that everyone looks at with rose-colored glasses? i had a BLAST through vanilla, but that doesn't mean i want that game again. i know the current state of wow is 50 times better than it was when vanilla was shipped. i don't see any reason why you should go back to those roots.

tl;dr vanilla had no clear direction of where the game was going, so they just threw crap in there.
    I think you are missing his point, ah well...

10+ Year Old Account
    i think 1 of the true bosses maybe in the later patches will be a Ultimate formation of the sha. and i mean like the foulest evil of all pandaria as that sha.

No Tusk Club.

Kel'Thuzad was that last boss in vanilla but he wasn't what I like to call a "super boss" like Illidan, LK, and DW. This expansion wont have a final bad guy who we spend the entire expansion preparing for, like we have the previous 3 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think an epic event will release the Sha from his prison. An event that Varian will do in response to the sacking of Theramore. I have no idea -shrugs-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    evil bamboo tree.

shrug. they are going to probably make more cliche asian stuff. I'll bet we have to kill an asian chef who tries to kill you with a giant wok.
    hahahaha, yeah most of the dungeons will be cliché stuff - Though I wonder if we will see Queen Azshara this expansion, I doubt she will be given her own expansion as she isn't as big as Arthas/illidan/deathwing.