Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why do you pre-order games

For goodies?
    So you know you'll get it?
    Just because?

I do it for the goodies, Pre-Ordering D3 collectors for the keydrive.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Goodies

/10char

Deleted
    Usaly so i know for sure that i have a copy and i mostly only pre-order games that gives something special on pre-order or if the store is night open just for the release of the game depends on the price to tought
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2011-10-24 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    To make sure you get a copy, and goodies.

Because I know I'll end up buying it anyways so I might as well pay for it ahead of time and get the bonus stuff for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Because I know I'll end up buying it anyways so I might as well pay for it ahead of time and get the bonus stuff for doing so.
    This. Getting the BF3 DLC for free by simply preordering the game when I had already fully intended to buy it seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    This. Getting the BF3 DLC for free by simply preordering the game when I had already fully intended to buy it seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.
    same here.

Deleted
    I don't really tend to pre-order games unless I really, really want them. Most of the time, I can just pick them up from a shop the day they arrive, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    To make sure that I get a copy, also not all games will be available at store in my crappy town. So I would have to order them anyway. ^^
    Also sometimes you get lucky with the pre-order stuff, like Red Dead Redemption arrived at my mailbox 2 days before the release.

Deleted
    I preorder stuf so I know I will be able to get it asap when it's out.

So far the only thing I preordered in my life (not just games, anything) was Cata because I got a poster with it . And there was assumed to be a shortage (which there wasn't after all).

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually only do it for bonuses. Game stores will always have tons of extra copies onhand on release day, so I never worry about them not having the game.

If it's not a huge release, I'll do it just in case I can't find a copy somewhere else. It's pretty rare today, but still. If I know I'm going to buy it, I'm fine with putting down some money in advance.

Pre-order bonuses sweeten the deal, especially on larger-release games that I know I can pick up without a problem.

I don't preorder all that often. When I do, its the goodies; SWTOR offers early access to the game based on how early you preorder, and BF3 offered a free DLC expansion pack that I'd almost certainly buy anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly for the bonus goodies, which this game-season seem to be rather weak honestly.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

If you're buying the game on release, you might as well pre-order it. It garuntees you get a copy, not to mention whatever deals they give for pre-ordering. And it's not like you lose anything for doing it.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

To make sure i get the copy and the goodies ofc!

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've experienced, the atmosphere in a new MMORPG for the first few days of release is usually full of excitement and random people are generally the most friendly they'll ever be as far as douchebaggery goes. I pre-order to greatly lessen the chances I'll miss those first few golden days/week of game-time.

Depends on the game and if I really want to drive on to the other side of town to get it. Plus my local eb games likes to close at 6 PM when every new mother fucking game comes out so if I am late leaving work I'm screwed unless I go to Walmart which is also on the other side of town.

I don't pre-order that often, but when I do it's to ensure I get the game in my mailbox on day 1 of its release. I only do this for absolute must get games.. October-November have been unusually good, as I've pre-ordered Dark Souls (already out), Uncharted 3 and Skyrim. Everything else I can get later.