Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Put everyone in the same level gear, aka the new challenge dungeons. Everyone goes in with a base resilience base and no gear has resilience on it. Totally separate pve talents with pvp talents, so they can be adjusted without one affecting the other. How could this not be great?

Rewards:

1. Mounts

2. Gear that can be used in pve (raid gear)

3. Achievments

4. Pve weapons

5. Rankings of course.

6. More people would pvp...like me. I quit when resilience was introduced.

7. Kick ass titles

8. Legendary weapon pvp quest line.
    The problem I see is...right now...you don't hear Raiders crying about PvP gear...because...it's not really viable. Now imagine if they got rid of resil...now the PvP gear is on par with the Raid gear. It would have to be...otherwise...you're forcing PvP'ers to PvE in order to PvP.
    Resil on gear allows PvP gear to be specific to PvP. It allows PvP gear to be "good" for the purpose it was designed...while not infringing on the PvE communities arrogant attitude that only the best gear should be available to those that raid.

Deleted
    Id say resilience killed PVE....as in, tired of entering a Zanda dungeon and getting people with their full set of blue pvp gear on.

Sorry for posting this here but just had to after a frustrating day in the Zanda dungeons...

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    PvP w/o resilience:
    PvE peeps > all, coz game will be bursty and pve eq will give you way better damage.
    ---> resilience isn't pointless.
    want burst pvp? play it below lvl 80. it's lie wotlk³
    Actually pvp peeps > all.

Unless they change the way pvp gear is earned to be that hard. Right now is pathetic to gear yourself for PvP.

If you take resil out of pvp gear, i'm sure they would inflate other stats (or return the secondary stat that resil removed), wich means, back to old TBC season days. PvP gear would be as good (or actually even better like TBC, remember Season gloves as PvE BiS?) and waayyy easier to obtain. Remember every melee (even the ones who didn't give a f%¨& to pvp) having to do arenas just to get the BiS weapons to raid??

Weird as it seems, "PvP w/o resilience: PvP peeps > all."

In the end, no diference. If you're lazy enough to just do a few Tol Barads here and there, you'll probably still grab a full 371 set faster than someone raiding for 378. But with stupid pve lolroics (so, you're actually joining the pve peeps team for a while), converting those valors to conquest = 384 gear without even setting a foot in pvp.

Yeah, that's current Blizzard philosophy. If you do both pve/pvp, you'll get ahead of others in everything in this game. But for sure pvp gear is easier than pve gear right now for their respective high end setting (and imagining the MoP scenario, pvp easier than pve for both settings).

The funny part of all this is that pve is both "lol pve heroes, easy" and at the same time "ffs Blizzard, I've payed your 15$ and should earn that hardmode gear, nerf heroic raids! Stop cattering to 0.01% of your playerbase". If there are so few killing heroic bosses, nobody in pvp should worry about pve heroes showing up in 353/359/365/378 gear that is just obliterated by 384 pvp gear...

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    Blame the pve changes for the pvp being terrible. Resilence didnt help, but the imbalance created by the PvE side of the game ruined PvP forever. Good thing pvp in GW2 and SWTOR looks way more promising.
    Actually is the other way around.
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2011-10-25 at 06:45 PM.

So, it takes you 3 days to gear up enough to be able to compete in the upper end of the pvp ladder (if you do have the skills for it ) . On the other hand, if I wanted to compete in the upper end of the pve ladder it would take me how long to gear for that? 2 months?.. God, this game is casual enough as it is, just do the grind, its one of the easiest one's ingame..

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Gives you no chance in PvP when gearing up, which is actually incredibly frustrating and off putting, there is actually no decent to reason to have it in the game, it's only there to make the PvPers feel a bit special.
    Yes! I completely agree. As a warlock, resilience killed PVP. Being able to tab Shadowbolt tab shadowbolt tab shadowbolt my way throguh bgs was the best thing ever. I miss being able to one shot people. I'm sure locks could have one shot everyone in a bg naked.

Seriously. Resillience has made it better not worse.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Resilience killed PvP
    Rated BG's killed PvP
    Tol Barad killed PvP
    Arenas killed PvP
    Cross Server BG's killed PvP
    BG's killed PvP

If PvP were cat it would only has 3 lives left.

Seriously though - resilience is the only decent thing they did for pvp in the post classic WoW world. Do you realize how demoralizing it was in Classic to spend your time lvling up in PvP to get PvP gear only to have some PvE baddie hop in a bg and wreck just because he got the latest purple from BWL?

If you want to look at the death of PvP then look at arenas. They put a magnifying glass on class imbalances in a world where Blizzard refuses to balance 1v1 and the net result is that PvP absolutely sucks unless you have a pocket healer and a partner who can peal at your side 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    Resilience killed PvP
    Rated BG's killed PvP
    Tol Barad killed PvP
    Arenas killed PvP
    Cross Server BG's killed PvP
    BG's killed PvP

If PvP were cat it would only has 3 lives left.

Seriously though - resilience is the only decent thing they did for pvp in the post classic WoW world. Do you realize how demoralizing it was in Classic to spend your time lvling up in PvP to get PvP gear only to have some PvE baddie hop in a bg and wreck just because he got the latest purple from BWL?

If you want to look at the death of PvP then look at arenas. They put a magnifying glass on class imbalances in a world where Blizzard refuses to balance 1v1 and the net result is that PvP absolutely sucks unless you have a pocket healer and a partner who can peal at your side 100% of the time.
    And why you didn't have the same purple from BWL? Was it actually... harder... than grabbing the pvp gear, so, let's just say.... waiving hands here... deserved?

Let's use the common sense here... if one way is stupid easier, nothing is preventing you to go there and grab it too. So both are on the same ground now. And for real, unless it was a damn (and way rare than today) legendary, no "baddie" in purples would obliterate a decent geared and skilled pvp player (except a specific class inbalance, hi Locks!).

The pve is hard and easy at the same time, according to the poster own convenience when he needs to say one or another never sinks in...
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2011-10-25 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catforum View Post
    Idk, I had an idea where it takes quite a while to gain pvp gear but it scales the length of the expansion and is consistent between classes and everything to make it more skill based than just who has the best gear
    Catforum is right

Deleted
    If pvp cant be like in vanila with no battlegroups and with world pvp, just remove ilvl from pvp gear and problem is solved.
    btw back in vanila pvp gear was hardest to get, beside title

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    And why you didn't have the same purple from BWL? Was it actually... harder... than grabbing the pvp gear, so, let's just say.... waiving hands here... deserved?
    Why not put the good gear in PvP then? Make PvE'ers come PvP to get the best gear? I find it amusing people will wipe for 3 hours to an NPC boss...but get terrified at the thought of dying to another player.

Right now the system is fine. If you want the best PvP gear...you PvP. You want the best PvE gear...you PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    And why you didn't have the same purple from BWL? Was it actually... harder... than grabbing the pvp gear, so, let's just say.... waiving hands here... deserved?...
    Because I raided on one toon and PvP'ed on another? Why should anyone HAVE to do one in order to be successful in the other. Can you imagine if people HAD to be >2k in arenas in order to do hardmode raiding?

res made sure raiders didn't dominate both pvp and pve in game, if there wasn't res and the only differences between pve and pvp gear was stam and armor, the raiding gear would still kick ass and no1 but pve'ers would enjoy the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I say this often, I'll say it again:

If you PVE and want PVP gear, do Heroics, change those Justice Points into Honor Points and get the PVP gear.

Yes, it takes a long while, but then you don't enter BGs with 0 resillience.

I fail to see why Resillience "Broke PVP". Clearly being able to not be one shot is better than dieing instantly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead horse.
    We beat it.

Deleted
    Key word in the title is "Imo" It's your opinion, just because it's YOUR opinion does not make it right, I for one believe without resilience we would resort back to the old ways of Vanilla BGs (double/triple WF crits, Pom Pyros one shotting people) It would be chaos and terrible.

If Blizzard made pvp gear harder to obtain, And even with raid gear, Removing all resilence what would be the problem?

Some baddie who just got his new purple from BWL couldn't come rape, Because you whom just obtained YOUR new purple from pvp grinding has similar stats!
    Oh lord, Even game play? noooooo.

The reason Pvp gear isn't as good for Pve is because PVE is meant to be a complete Grindfest. - You pve to turn up and hope your item drops and enjoy the time you have with friends. (haha)
    In pvp you play it because you want to play in pvp and complete objectives or just kill some (other faction insult here).
    But these days we have afkers, and people who don't even try in Pvp which......

RUINED PVP FOR ME!
    Yes, it was the afkers.. mostly.
    resilence didn't help but when arena came out and everyone could do it, It wasn't too bad.
    But then Blizzard realized SHIT our pve's are spending 1 hour a week doing arena and getting ALMOST BIS weapons, And not grinding our dungeons long term enough! omggggg, So they stopped it.

Now Blizzard are realizing that people don't want to invest 3 weeks to earn enough rep/title/bullshit just to get pvp gear or pve gear and are opening it up slightly easier, But it hasn't quite come full circle yet.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resilience didn't kill pvp. PVP was huge in TBC with resilience, and in Wrath, and now less so in Cata but not dead. That said I am sick of seeing these threads and same old replies.

Like this one which just assumes nothing else would change:
    Because being one shot is more fun, right?
    Obviously if Resilence was removed Blizzard could easily make up for it.

Resilience is not needed to stop people from being one shot. All it does is damage reduction. Blizzard could just give everyone a talent that reduces player damage taken by 50% and you won't get one shot or Blizzard could also just make players do half the damage per health pool they do now. There is no reason a stat is needed to reduce player damage if that was it's only goal.

The real reason for resilience was to create two separate upgrade paths and increase the amount of time players spend in game. Good for Blizzard, not so good for players, and something Blizzard should do away with as negative sentiment over the game increases.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

it was good times in vanilla WoW, when you could get the best pvp gear with your raiding gear :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentine83 View Post
    Id say resilience killed PVE....as in, tired of entering a Zanda dungeon and getting people with their full set of blue pvp gear on.
    Because gear = skill amirite?

I don't raid anymore; I do high-end arena. I don't bother to gear up with 5 mans since the stats (save for reslience) are clearly superior on my 384/391 pvp gear. I do 5 mans out of pure boredom, but it's quite annoying when I get insta-booted when the group I'm thrown into see me decked out in full Ruthless gear.

Then there's the occasional group that let me stay, and watch me out-perform them all.

One instance in particular, I remember joining a heroic ZG run, and they were on the last boss. When I joined they mentioned how they kicked 3 healers already due to fail. Then they gave me the usual "Sigh, he's wearing pvp gear. This should be fun" line, but decided to let me stay. We ended up one-shotting the boss. Get at me.

People saying you can get over 3k resilience in a few hours of pvp..... yea no way sorry.

Lets say you do 10 random bgs. You win half. Each one is ~30min. ~5hrs of PVP... lets say ~3000 honor. Yea, that's a fucking chest and a relic bro lol.