Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bring in the chubby pandas. Not only they look fitting, but they look beautiful too! Skinny isn't the only option for beauty, guys!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Softique View Post
    Beautiful imagage, Imamage. That's exactly how I'd like Pandaren females to look. =)
    Just to stress, not my work, picked it up from the other thread. Checked to see if mahadosknight posts by that name here but seems not. It really is VERY nice work though.

Since the Pandaren male seems to be proportioned a lot like a male dwarf, I figured the female Pandaren would go the same way. Tara's concept looks really good, but I don't like the ursine leg posture too much. I also made the shoulders a bit narrower so as to fit the males having wider shoulders.

Here's a rough sketch, maybe the legs could be a little shorter and the hips a little wider, but that would probably limit the range of motion. But the idea is: keep the body more or less squat, with thick legs and arms. Female pandaren are one of the few female models that I think would warrant large breasts (again, like dwarves).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Since the Pandaren male seems to be proportioned a lot like a male dwarf, I figured the female Pandaren would go the same way. Tara's concept looks really good, but I don't like the ursine leg posture too much. I also made the shoulders a bit narrower so as to fit the males having wider shoulders.

<----snip---->

Here's a rough sketch, maybe the legs could be a little shorter and the hips a little wider, but that would probably limit the range of motion. But the idea is: keep the body more or less squat, with thick legs and arms. Female pandaren are one of the few female models that I think would warrant large breasts (again, like dwarves).
    I think she's a little too upright, with a slightly more hunkered down look with a slightly lower centre of gravity and a wider stance that would work. I think her shoulders are too far back too but that's probably the "upright" bit.

You are right on composition, heavier breasts, shorter legs etc. I completely agree with your suggestion but the sketch is a little off the mark imo (very good! don't get me wrong!)
    Last edited by mmoc4fd64f6c8d; 2011-10-25 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imamage View Post
    I think she's a little too upright, with a slightly more hunkered down look with a slightly lower centre of gravity and a wider stance that would work. I think her shoulders are too far back too but that's probably the "upright" bit.
    I'll agree with the shoulders (and I realized the look off just as I was posting...), but again... I was following the pattern we have so far: Trolls, Orcs, Tauren, Undead and Worgen all look wide and hunched to varying degrees, while the females stand upright. Basically, the males are more animalistic, the females are more humanized in terms of posture. This is not so much how I think they should look, as me guessing how they will look.

Of course, I'd much rather have them look more similar to the males, but I don't think that's happening.

EDIT: sorry for quotesniping you! Thanks for the compliment!

10+ Year Old Account
    There was actually a teeny tiny bit of female pandaren concept art at Blizzcon, it was a chunky model similar to this stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It's simple, human female proportions does not fit the pandaren, especially if you consider the males alongside.

And uh, there's little doubt that the one's voting "thin and sexy" wasn't considering plausible pandaren looks at all, they're just fans of the female blood elves, most likely.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I love all these sketches of larger Pandaren, pretty much regardless of the specific proportion and am really hoping blizzard comes close to one of these, and doesn't go for the extreme sexual dymorphism like they did with Draenai and Worgen. If anything remotely similar to these go through, I'll have a second race to play on both Horde and Alliance side. The game desperately does not need yet another barbie proportioned race.

Deleted
    Lovely concept and breakdown of it all.

Would love for more of this stuff on other things; from an artist's PoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    There was actually a teeny tiny bit of female pandaren concept art at Blizzcon, it was a chunky model similar to this stuff.
    Actually, the only "female Pandaren" at Blizzcon were jokes at the art panel consisting of the male models wearing dresses and hairbows.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And uh, there's little doubt that the one's voting "thin and sexy" wasn't considering plausible pandaren looks at all, they're just fans of whatever can make their pants happiest quickly, most likely.
    fixed that for ya.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the bulky look yer goin for here. It would also make armor more appealing imo. I hate how tiny or stretched armor skins get on tiny or longer models. Just to put my 2 cents in. What do you think of the Wakfu panda women?

Deleted
    I want a fem panda that looks like the one youve drawn Good job

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theylive View Post
    I like the bulky look yer goin for here. It would also make armor more appealing imo. I hate how tiny or stretched armor skins get on tiny or longer models. Just to put my 2 cents in. What do you think of the Wakfu panda women?

Tho she's cute, doesn't fitting for Pandaren, honestly. =/

-snip!-
    When looked at by their own standards, I find them adorable. I also greatly admire the skill of the artist who created them, I follow him on deviantART.

As I said before, I am not rigid in my standard of beauty. It's everywhere, and I am not going to waste any of it because apple does not equal orange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yah I always thought they looked kinda...weird or fetishy myself. This is basically what you'd get if you dont want that kung fu panda look. You can see the male version at wakfu.com also. Theyre a tad on the scary side

[IMG]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs39/f/2009/314/a/3/a37574266ec2fa23048c6856650d731d.jpg[IMG]
    Doesn't look like a panda anymore. There's no way to make a thin panda that doesn't look like a raccoon or a human in bodypaint. If Blizzard was absolutely positively determined to make it a barbie character, I'd might as well just want to see them change it to another species entirely. Males are pandas, females are Red Pandas or Foxes or something, like has been done in several other MMOs.

But I would be seriously disappointed in Blizzard if they did that.

Fuzzy humans with bear masks.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

I like what you did there. I was curious as to what female Pandarans would look like. A thin model just didn't seem right. I hope your predictions are correct. Your concept can still make the females sexy in their own right.

10+ Year Old Account
    hehe not my concept, its from another online mmo Wakfu. Just pointing out a panda race "Pandawans" thats been polished out already. My art is on my deviant account link. The person that made this work is here.. http://studium-sibyllin.deviantart.com/

That last one is really nice, good work