Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Essenji View Post
    Oh fuck that... Why would they charge for changing the name of a guild? That's just silly. I've personally never really been fond of having to pay for any such services (faction change/realm change) but now they're really crossing a line with me. I know that I wont ever use this thing out of principle. How can they be this greedy? These types of services should be included in the 10 euro per month that we already pay them. Fix it Blizz!
    What would happen if all the Paid Services were free? Everyone would be Faction Changing, Name Changing, Server Xfering, Guild Faction Changing, Guild Name Changing, Guild Server Xfering, Character Customization every time they could... That would totally destroy their Servers and would destroy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    Expensive? It costs $30 to Faction Change YOUR Character, To Faction Change a GUILD it COSTS $40. If anything it's cheap for Blizzard.
    Did you even read the news item?

"relocating your guild to a new realm or faction with this new service will keep your guild structure intact, including the guild leader, guild bank, ranks, and guild name (depending on availability). You won't even need to pack.

Guild members who decide to relocate with their guild may initiate their own paid character transfer"

"Q. How will my guild members know when this happens and how to follow me?
    A. After a Guild Master service is complete, your guild members will receive an in-game mail with instructions on how to follow you. They will be directed to Battle.net account management to initiate their own character service(s), which will need to be purchased separately. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold seller transveres all gold on a bank--transvers all gold to other server damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Did you even read the news item?

"relocating your guild to a new realm or faction with this new service will keep your guild structure intact, including the guild leader, guild bank, ranks, and guild name (depending on availability). You won't even need to pack.

Guild members who decide to relocate with their guild may initiate their own paid character transfer"

"Q. How will my guild members know when this happens and how to follow me?
    A. After a Guild Master service is complete, your guild members will receive an in-game mail with instructions on how to follow you. They will be directed to Battle.net account management to initiate their own character service(s), which will need to be purchased separately. "
    Did I mention other Guild Members? If a Guild is leaving a server it's probably because it's near dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum View Post
    I still fail to understand why peoples hate pet battles. How the fuck can you hate it? Is it so fucking hard to just say "I do not care about that new thing they add, let others have fun about it". Do your butt get so fucking hurt, because they use time on something else than what you would like? Jesus christ peoples, get over yourself and be happy for those peoples who asked for pet battles.
    As you can see from one of the blue responses, the development of such features takes a 'currency' that we'll call 'dev time'.

Dev time has to be allocated to be spent on different things that people in different interests have been asking for. You can't stretch Dev time to buy 3 things for the price of 1. They chose 1 thing, and the 2 other things that people have been jockeying for have been put off for an unknowable amount of time.

People are upset because the pet battle system is a feature that, frankly, people see as an activity that does not fit in with the scheme of this MMO, and feel that the Dev time could have been spent on other features that does more for the immersion and assistance for pre-existing functions/features in the game (such as, for example, Guild/player 'housing'/'home instances').

The issue that people have (although not worded as thus, but this is what the heart of the complaints hit at) is that it's such a side niche of interest appeal that it really is something that stands far apart from the other features of the game and could ultimately wind up serving a very small audience that does not justify the amount of dev time that was invested in it compared to other features that could've been.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2011-10-25 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    The old one stays, so people can still have fun with it. The things the GM bought go with him as they should.
    No it doesn't, everything gets reset.

Hackers are going to be trolling players even more when they transfer their guilds to another realm..

Pet battles? Why?
    Cuz it took about 18 hours of coding, and we like stringing y'all along with super fluff!

10+ Year Old Account
    What I love the most of this whole post is the fact that they are saying "Hey folks in Illidan, why dont you pay us $$$ for this service so we can see if it works correctly?" Really? thats the road we are taking now? Paying to beta test Blizzards next cash heifer? is this final fantasy all over again?
    Tibben- So some kid got mouthy after killing a guy in a game because anonymity allows everyone to be assholes, and the guy tracked him down and choked him? This sounds like the real answer to stopping trolls. If everyone that trolled anyone got choked I imagine there would be a significant decrease in trolling in games and on forums and the world would be a better place...except for the ones that like being choked, but that's a different story .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    finally guild name change!
    I changed my bank guild name twice, just asked a gm...
    I can't believe they charging now 20$ for it, since (literally) it used to be done for free, twice
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Just my luck :P My whole guild did a server transfer just last week to a bigger realm so we had to start fresh with new level 1 guild, lost all our guild rep and perks etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    Did I mention other Guild Members? If a Guild is leaving a server it's probably because it's near dead.
    So how is it a good deal?

All it does it transfer one character and a guild structure. Previously before all this guild leveling crap, all you used to do was pay for a transfer, then create a guild charter on the new realm. No special guild master transfer needed that costs extra money. It's costing more money to do the same thing people used to and you claim its "cheap".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Are you changing servers that often with your guild then? Just asking, cause I am totally not in touch obviously. Same guild, same server for 7 years. Considering my race/namechange cost 20 Euros, the transfer of an entire guild seems cheap. 180 ppl guild like mine would be 20 censt for each player.
    You kinda overlooked the fact that every player has to pay for himself/herself as extra. The price indicated is for transfering guildmaster, guild bank, guild name and guild perks. ALL other guildmembers have to pay 20 euros each.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    If half of a 25-man raid team chips in $5 to a guildmaster they trust to get off of a terrible server, I do not see the price being that big of a deal ESPECIALLY if people value the guild perks and the saved convenience of not having to re-level a guild (ie, having to slam through heroics they're bored of / grinding daily quests, ect).
    Why would people pay for the GM to move server with the guild? You do realize he leaves alone... right? Every member has to pay for his/her own transfer.

Deleted
    The whole guild perks/rank thing was an obvious money maker, either pay Blizzard the money or grind back up a new guild.

Q. What happens to my guild bank, level, and so on?A. The guild bank, level, perks, and achievements transfer with the Guild Master character to the new realm and/or faction.
    The possibilities for griefing are infinite.

Wow, I never complained about fees for Wow, but this is really ridiculously expensive. I would have expected you could move your guild - including its members - for 65$.

Need to buy another solid gold toilet for the executive bathroom? They're just trying to milk this thing for all they can before it dies now.

Deleted
    Regarding the Guild treansfer service, wow what a greedy bunch of fucks Blizz have become for 100% automated services. So a small fortune for the GM and then transfer payment for every char in the guild who also moves. Just wow.

The amount of horseshit they can spew when adressing features long promised but never developed is also quite amazing.

Some of these bluetards would make awesome politicians.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2011-10-25 at 08:38 PM.

They are making it available for "high end guilds", and discouraging people from using it by making it expensive. Basically, it's a service that is not likely to be used a lot, except by the few guilds who would gladly pay the cash for the service. No reason to complain about the price, most average guilds would never see a point in doing this anyway.