Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

10+ Year Old Account
    In Dragon Age: Orgins, when you first storm Denerim during the darkspawn attack, my dog started whining and I told him that I'll come back.
    I sacrificed my guy that playthrough, and couldn't help but feel so bad about my poor dog. That and the ending of Persona 3

Dead Island has a few moments for anybody who isn't a heartless bastard...

There's the intro trailer, when Jin goes back to see her father at the end of Act 3, that poor security guard who just wanted to see the puppy, the ending scene...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    For me it was When Dom dies in Gears of war 3, the music the whole cut scene was so fantastically done it was just beautiful.
    Have to disagree there, i found it laughable.

3 games. only mentions his wife 3/4s of the way through the second. Then shuts up again until he decides to go bye bye.

I'll agree with the music though, Madworld fits as a sad song. (gary jules version ofc)

I recently played through Dragon Age: Origins again, and oh wow are there a lot of moments like these. If you do the Human Noble origins you get one within the first hours of playing! When Arl Howe betrays your family and orders everyone killed and you leave with Duncan knowing that you'll never see your parents again. Sure, it's really early in the game and you aren't quite attached to them, but still. It makes it so much sweeter when you kill the bastard. (Also Arl Howe is voiced by Tim Curry and that's awesome.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aliez View Post
    Second was clearly Master Chief's death in Halo 3, though it's not confirmed he actually died. Nontheless, I was emotionally bound to those games.
    You didn't see Halo 4 trailer?

Anyhow for me it would have to be Silent Hill 2 "Leave" ending.

how has no one mentioned Okami yet? the scene where Issun can't get on the celestial ship tears me up inside every time.

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    how has no one mentioned Okami yet? the scene where Issun can't get on the celestial ship tears me up inside every time.
    I almost mentioned it but I wasn't sure if it was good enough compared to some of the other ones posted haha. But it's definitely up there for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliez View Post
    Second was clearly Master Chief's death in Halo 3, though it's not confirmed he actually died. Nontheless, I was emotionally bound to those games.
    If you wait until the credits are over, you can see this (don't remember anymore if you have to play legendary and didn't watch the video now, so I hope it's the right one ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwz8aqiWOsk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darigan View Post
    (don't remember anymore if you have to play legendary and didn't watch the video now, so I hope it's the right one ) :
    It's only on the legendary playthrough.

Oh and inb4 Halo 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

The death of my character in Dragon Age was quite sad.

The death of my character in MW via petrol touched me the most though, really hated that scene probably because I’m in the forces myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was little and wanted to play a game that wasn't Mario so my brother gave me Alundra. I loved it but the whole thing was so tragic. Long story short, people in Alundras village were dying in their nightmares, and Alundra had the power to go into their dreams and try to save them. You save some, others aren't so lucky. All in all I think most of the village were dead at the end of it, and every death brought about a gravestone for that character. It was really really really sad, and I was only like 13 or something :-(

In later years....

Suikoden V when Lyon dies. And when Arshtat dies. And when you find out the truth about Georg's role in it all.
    Suikoden 2 when you have to fight Jowy.
    Final Fantasy 8 when you go to Selphies garden thats all run down and destroyed.
    Phantom Brave when everyone hates your character because of her ability to see ghosts even though shes lovely
    GTA IV when the Irish girl dies.
    I think i was a little teary at the end of FFXIII too although i didn't particuarly like the game that much.

I cry at a lot >_<

Returning to Shadow Moses in MGS4, oh the nostalgia.
    The ending of MGS4 as well.