Razer Naga + Steelseries glass mousemat problem

So I've been using my Razer Naga on a Steelseries Icemat (The one made of glass) lately, but I have a problem.

Because of the size of the Razer Naga my lower palm is resting on the glass surface itself, and in longer game sessions my palm will get a little sweaty since the glass heat up too. And when the mouse is moved over that area it wont respond. Most likely because its lazer is reflecting.

Anyone else have the same problem. Would hate if I have to give up the glass-like Icemat since it makes the mouse so smooth. Guess the only solution would be to get another surface mousemat ? And in that case is there anything you could recommend ?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

two things i'd recommend.
    1) Keep your room cold! computers hate heat! and if its hot enough to induce sweating, it can't be the most healthy for the computer either.
    2) Get a wrist rest, walmart has cheap cheap ergonomic mouspads that you can rip the gel pad off of and use it. it will increase your health and keep sweat off the glass. Win/win!

10+ Year Old Account
    USB fan to cool your wrist down?

Quote Originally Posted by Satheling View Post
    two things i'd recommend.
    1) Keep your room cold! computers hate heat! and if its hot enough to induce sweating, it can't be the most healthy for the computer either.
    Well, Its not me sweating, I live in Scandinavia for God sake Its just my palm since the mousepad heats up and the palm is resting on it permanently when there is little mouse movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Satheling View Post
    2) Get a wrist rest, walmart has cheap cheap ergonomic mouspads that you can rip the gel pad off of and use it. it will increase your health and keep sweat off the glass. Win/win!
    I'll have a look at some mousepads for sure !

"Glass" - that's your problem ain't it.

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    "Glass" - that's your problem ain't it.
    Yup, it clearly is. Perhaps I should try out one of those mats with some other surface. Would just hate to not have the super smoothness.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 11:37 AM ----------

Could also try one of these mousepads with buildin thingie for the wrist:

Just the question if they will be too soft for the mouse itself, so I will loose that smoothness feeling.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2011-10-26 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    And when the mouse is moved over that area it wont respond. Most likely because its lazer is reflecting.
    Don't move it over that area then? Or is the mousepad that tiny?

Exactly. You can get quality razer/steel or other companies pads for as low as 10 bucks I'd say and I never heard of anyone getting problem with them. By the way, I don't see how a glass pad would be practical?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    And in that case is there anything you could recommend ?
    http://steelseries.com/products/surf...eries-qck-plus

Hope you have enough space for it because it's huge like F**k!

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    By the way, I don't see how a glass pad would be practical?
    Unlike plastic/cloth mousepads the surface never wears out/gets damaged. I have destroyed plastic mousepads after a year of use, while my glass mousepad still looks like new after 3+ years of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Azome View Post
    http://steelseries.com/products/surf...eries-qck-plus

Hope you have enough space for it because it's huge like F**k!
    Could just go with http://steelseries.com/products/surf...teelseries-qck

Its seems like the same material, just smaller.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2011-10-26 at 12:01 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Alright...

If you truly don't like the other mouse-pad options out there besides the glass one, I got a couple of ideas that while they aren't particularly inexpensive, their not free either.

The real issue, besides the glass heating up, is sweat. The sweat is causing your mouse to be unresponsive. All this you mentioned. Here's my first solution although you might have to get used to wearing it. I use it and its great!

http://usa.ttesports.com/Category_Accessory.aspx

Ok so maybe you think the item I listed isn't for you (too dorky for you?). Here's a more desirable option that will cool down your glass pad and keep your hand cool:

http://www.xoxide.com/evercool-booster-wristpad-b.html

I feel for you on wanting to keep using your glass mouse pad. I'm prolly gonna take a look and see what it looked like on google cuz it sounds like it would looks cool. Good luck!
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

That gaming glove is so super hardcore. I don't even have words !

Michael Jackson would be turning in his grave !

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, yeah I know, hard-core to the max. The wrist-rest cooler isn't bad. Also now you make me wanna get a glass mouse surface:

http://shop.steelseries.com/us/surfa...ience-i-2.html

Also there's a fiber polished aluminum one that shows promise:

http://steelseries.com/us/products/s...steelseries-sx
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

Would just like to mention that I went out and bought a Steelseries Qck (standard version). And so far I am very pleased. It is actually very smooth. Not the same as my Steelseries glass-thingie, but the hot/wet palm problem is solved.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have like 5 of em (Blizzard games theme) but I like the Limited edition Syndragosa. Has a hard plastic base under the typical QcK surface!

Deleted
    Icemats(SS glass pad) are so 2000 same with the old Steelpad.
    Simply just doesn't perform well anymore.

If I were to recommend you a pad I would say Steelseries 9HD or 4HD. But since you have a Naga I don't know how it will perform on different pads.
    You could also just go QCK it's cheap and works well, or the waterresisting one since you sweat :P