Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Actually T13 and the rest of Dragon Soul is pretty well itemized for Unholy in the current PTR build.

Frost not so much, but what can you do eh.

Some more haste in there would be nice sure but crit isn't as toxic as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Actually T13 and the rest of Dragon Soul is pretty well itemized for Unholy in the current PTR build.

Frost not so much, but what can you do eh.

Some more haste in there would be nice sure but crit isn't as toxic as it used to be.
    Actually it is not that good if mastery now becomes worse then crit. Mastery is more dominant then both haste and crit right now on the tier gear.

when they mean the itemization gets better and better at every patch, read it : it gets better for warriors
    Ret Paladins have been in this boat since Vanilla. Welcome aboard.

The set has been fixed and gives 1307 haste on heroic tier. 4 peaces have haste, only gloves miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinia View Post
    The set has been fixed and gives 1307 haste on heroic tier. 4 peaces have haste, only gloves miss it.
    This looks like it has been updated as the last time I looked the gear was crit heavy with only the legs and shoulder having haste.

Just remember guys this is all in the works stuff and likely to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruption View Post
    Also, most Death Knights will probably be using the Hands, Legs, Chest, and Helm. 3 out of 4 with heavy mastery. Using the Deathwing shoulders with heavy mastery. There are talks of Unholy pulling more, and with these heavy mastery pieces and the 4 piece i could see it happening.
    yes currently on simcraft unholy pulls 2k more in t12 (single target) yayz but stat prio for unholy is haste over mastery i believe
    Apothecary Wormcrud says: Touch my chicken and I will kill you in your sleep. Am I understood?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    Why exactly would it change again? Normaly if blizz hears complains about gear they change it then "all" is happy and it goes live. They don't change the gear so all is happy to just change it again to bad.

Deleted
    4 items with haste as far as i can see lol YESYESYESYEYEYS

But they havent changed items outside of tier? My DK has about ~2300 haste atm. I would still need truckloads of haste to reach that. So how much haste will there be on bis gear for example?

It is good though that they seem to have fixed the set itself, but is it enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    but is it enough?
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/items=4?filte...rv=0:0:0#0+8+1

There is plenty of new gear with haste.

I just made this to get a rough idea of the stats we will have in 397 gear, but the reforging is probably pretty far from optimal.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/profile=33703126

The way the wowhead profiler calulates hit reforges seems to be bugged, I'll see if I can do something about that when I make an unholy version later.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2011-11-05 at 02:46 PM.

Hmmm...that looks actually quite fine. I was making similar thing, but it seems you managed somehow pick better options .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    Ret Paladins have been in this boat since Vanilla. Welcome aboard.
    actually, kinda off-topic, but the current gear actually is pretty well itemized for retribution. you can have mastery on all but 3 items (mastery is the best stat for ret), have your 4P and still keep your hit and expertise caps.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/profile=33703171

An unholy dk in full 397 gear should look a lot like this, but wowhead is still adding up hit reforges incorrectly.

edit: Fixed the reforging, this profile is now 7 hit rating under the cap. All of the other secondary stats are displayed correctly. It probably still isn't optimal but it's close.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2011-11-05 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    This looks like it has been updated as the last time I looked the gear was crit heavy with only the legs and shoulder having haste.

yay it has been updated. only two pieces with crit now instead of four! I can live with that
    And blizzard has been bad about just pushing through things unless someone brings it up haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinia View Post
    Why exactly would it change again? Normaly if blizz hears complains about gear they change it then "all" is happy and it goes live. They don't change the gear so all is happy to just change it again to bad.
    I meant that datamined information on and the stuff found on the PTR patch notes are not necessarily set in stone. I doubt that Blizz will change the stats on the DK t13 much (possibly miner balancing tweaks at this point) if at all now that they are 4/5 pieces haste.

so the gloves or the shoulders are going to be your offpiece, big woop, lol all the other pieces are fine.

Deleted
    Nah, Tier Legs, Chest, Head and Shoulders will be used with Gloves as Off-piece.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I just wish the trinket from Ultraxion could proc haste/mastery/crit instead of just crit.
    Yeah, DBW MK2 would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbycakes View Post
    The tier is actually itemized very well, sans gloves and legs. You'll be using Gloves Off Piece so that somewhat eliminates that but yeah. With all the strength we get especially, I think it's perfectly fine.
    I completely agree with MOrbycakes. Lovely stats for everything but gloves and legs. We'll be using the VP gloves with haste/mastery. As for those saying the set is ugly i thought the same thing at first. Just now I was sitting in the PTR ctrl clicking the set on my toon and with a tabard on and a FULL maching set of gear 4p tier13, VP gloves, belt, boots it actually looks pretty good. I personally like it alot more than our T12 set.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Change of pace from the appearance threads!

But anyone else noticed how poorly t13 dps is itemized?
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/itemset=1057#.

Has 2 pieces with haste and 3 with crit.
    Makes me pretty sad Thought by the last patch of the expansions sets were supposed to be well itemized?
    I'm not sure if it changed since you posted this, but I see four pieces with hatse and two with crit.