Page 1 of 2
LastLast

decard cain immortality?

is decard cain immortal?

i have often wondered this given his old looks and continuously living throughout the games.
    he is the last horadrium from what i have seen he has no magical power but has lived for a long time.

from what i can gather it seems he may have had alot of power at one time but now has none. does that mean he altered himself or was altered by others to channel his arcane power into long life?

some sort of power must be giving him continued life >.>
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

Deleted
    he's not so old. like 70 or 90 now, i suppose. Diablo I & II happen quickly one after another. Diablo III is 20 years later. So he's old, but still only regular mortal.

from what i remember of the d2 and d1 manuals the horadrium died off centuries ago and decard cain is the last one
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

Deleted
    the order of Horadrim was disbanded centuries ago. His family, however, still kept Horadric traditions and lore, so he was taught as a Horadrim.
    In his journal he wrote that in his childhood he read tales about ancient Horadrim, so he was born long after the order was disbanded.

He stayed a while and listened.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSick View Post
    Epic win. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzmatazz
    This is Razzmatazz from the future *kzzzzzchhh* I don't have much ti*kchhh* breaking up! Note *kzzz* self: don't try to read all *chhhhh* this thread *zzzzzkch*. It will consume approx*kzzzz* 25 years of your life *kzzchchh* You will learn abso*kzzz* nothing, it's not worth *chhhhh* LIVE, RAZZMAT*kzzzz* LIVE AND FORGET ABOUT THE TRANSPARENT HORSE *tchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Entalpia View Post
    Warriors will get Concentration Shout! When he shouts at you, you are more concentrated ! ;p

Nicely done sir, nicely done...
    Beta Club

Deleted
    You win the internets! And a cookie.

He wasn't an original member of the horadrium, hes the "lore-keeper" of the horadrium... basically a decendant of them who carries on their traditions and keeps their knowledge alive.

I wouldn't be suprised to see him die this game, this new girl who is his "grand daughter" (not by blood but he raised her) will probably take his place.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Decard cain is the Prime evil in disguise, know Blizz's writers I wouldnt be suprised :P
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Mages in a lot of fantasy universes get a lengthened lifespan usually, so I wouldn't be too surprised if that's what's going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkyri View Post
    Decard cain is the Prime evil in disguise, know Blizz's writers I wouldnt be suprised :P
    Exactly what I wanted to say!!!
    I do believe decard cain IS the reason behind all diablo evilness! I mean it's damn obvious! He is there when everything bad happens, he SOMEHOW survived the fall of tristram and he will be on diablo3!!! Do you know who was on the first 2 games and is gonna be on the 3rd aswell?!
    Hint: Starts with "Dia" ends with "blo".
    Coincidence? Don'y think so.
    To have something you 've never had, you have to do something you've never done...

10+ Year Old Account
    When he is close to death he puts himself in the horadric cube and gets teleported to the cow level where he drink the milk of tauren females and get prolonged life, jut to come back and identify the useless shit players recover from toads, snakes and spiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Didn't Metzen say that Diablo's "soul" is inside Decard Cain at the DIII lore panel?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Didn't Metzen say that Diablo's "soul" is inside Decard Cain at the DIII lore panel?
    He did? Please link, I have to see that. There's one thing you'll learn in Act 1 (seen in the beta) though, which I won't spoil. If you know your Diablo lore, you'll know what I'm referencing when you get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Gah I'm sorry I was thinking of the dark wanderer. I'm still fairly nub on the Diablo lore. DIII is the first in the franchise I'll be playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PklJ2eyFss4

Chris starts talking about this at about 12 min in...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Gah I'm sorry I was thinking of the dark wanderer. I'm still fairly nub on the Diablo lore. DIII is the first in the franchise I'll be playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PklJ2eyFss4

Chris starts talking about this at about 12 min in...
    Oooh, that makes sense. And yeah, since you've already heard the name Aiden, remember it upon the D3 release or if you get into beta prior. You're in for a cool revelation

black don't crack brotha

Quote Originally Posted by zalmatra View Post
    is decard cain immortal?

i have often wondered this given his old looks and continuously living throughout the games.
    he is the last horadrium from what i have seen he has no magical power but has lived for a long time.

from what i can gather it seems he may have had alot of power at one time but now has none. does that mean he altered himself or was altered by others to channel his arcane power into long life?

some sort of power must be giving him continued life >.>

Uh.... nope. xD He died. Lmfao

Wait, maybe Deckard Cain is...Malthael, the Archangel of Wisdom? It all makes sense now!