Question about hit...

I'm currently hit-capped and expertise capped and having serious rage problems in Heroic Dungeons.

I know this sounds like a stupid question and a waste of your time but it would be awesome if anyone could explain to me why my off-hand swings keep missing so much.

I was playing hardcore in Wrath and I notice the big changes like how HS is no longer a filler or your highest damage output but a last resort.

I also read about something on EJ that the only thing still effecting rage generation is Hit and Haste.

Is this simply a gear issue? Because I thought of that, but I'm literally gasping for rage because of misses.

Or do I just need more hit than 8%?

So yeah...anyone? My gear is pretty much 359 all-round.
    Last edited by Hellkung; 2011-10-26 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    Fury just scales so bad right now in low ilvl gear since rage normalization . I suggest u go arms until u get over 12% hit or reforge into hit if u havent already as fury

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    With Rage normalization you only produce a set amount of rage per hit, with OH being 50% of the MH. For a steady rage generation you will want around 15% hit. Also your Oh will always miss more than your MH because of Duel Wielding. when you DW, your OH has a 27% chance to miss.
    -on the HS, only use it as a rage dump.
    -haste has been shown to be our most useless secondary stat. Crit>>Mastery>haste.
    - If you want more hit, reforge out of Haste or Mastery into hit, I would recommend gemming Str or Str/Crit

Quote Originally Posted by SpathaSWC View Post
    With Rage normalization you only produce a set amount of rage per hit, with OH being 50% of the MH. For a steady rage generation you will want around 15% hit. Also your Oh will always miss more than your MH because of Duel Wielding. when you DW, your OH has a 27% chance to miss.
    -on the HS, only use it as a rage dump.
    -haste has been shown to be our most useless secondary stat. Crit>>Mastery>haste.
    - If you want more hit, reforge out of Haste or Mastery into hit, I would recommend gemming Str or Str/Crit
    MH and OH both inherit the 27% (+19%) miss to white swings when you DW, not just the Offhand.

OP you'll definitely want more than 8% hit, it is our second best secondary stat as TG or SMF, but don't ever sacrifice STR or Crit for it. Haste will also give steadier rage generation, but it's only better than Mastery if you're SMF specced. With full 359 gear properly reforged and all I recall having somewhere around 12-13% hit, I'd be curious to see your armory 8% seems awfully low and there's probably some good work you can do on reforges.