Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    So what you are saying is... this list shouldn't have been posted cause its awful and inaccurate under any circumstances...got it.
    Ever heard of a work in progress?

    "It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    So what you are saying is... this list shouldn't have been posted cause its awful and inaccurate under any circumstances...got it.
    Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mundays.
    "But uh, says on your chart that you're fucked up. You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded!"

    On Parole from Retard Rehabilitation since June 6, 2014.

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk Anyankha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    So what you are saying is... this list shouldn't have been posted cause its awful and inaccurate under any circumstances...got it.
    No, he's saying is in progress. If you got a better list, by all means go ahead and post it. You don't? Thought so.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

    ~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

  4. #24
    Dreadlord Cebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    No, he's saying is in progress. If you got a better list, by all means go ahead and post it. You don't? Thought so.
    My list has been posted every tier... when we have all available information and a full list of items... Posting a " BiS " list for 4.3 when hes listing 75% t12 heroic gear.. is stupid to say the least.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 04:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Ever heard of a work in progress?
    ever heard of microsoft word? Maybe notepad? Why post a ridiculously inaccurate list to begin with?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    My list has been posted every tier... when we have all available information and a full list of items... Posting a " BiS " list for 4.3 when hes listing 75% t12 heroic gear.. is stupid to say the least.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 04:54 PM ----------



    ever heard of microsoft word? Maybe notepad? Why post a ridiculously inaccurate list to begin with?

    Someone does something nice that can have no other effect then beeing helpful people in the long run.
    Yet you feel the need to beat on him.

    Your very unfriendly remarks behind the anonimity of the internet, atleast for me, are anything but impressive.

    I for once appreciate the effort and would like to thank the OP for this.

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,133
    Thank you very much for this Swizzle, I'll be keeping an eye on the list as it is developed. ♥

  7. #27
    Wow, that's amazing that a place holder thread raged someone so hard. Obviously this is no where near final as things will change between now and then. I imagine the Int gains alone will outweigh the 4set of t12 for arcane. The fire and frost are looking good thus far, curious to see what other pieces get thrown in there.

    To pixul, chill brah, if you are going to get raged over a chance of information being incorrect, you shouldn't read any thread in these forums.

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,133
    Absolutely, there is no doubt that heroic tier 13 will be BiS for Arcane Mages simply because of the intellect gains alone. I do however wonder how the post-nerf DTR will compare to the best weapons of the new tier.

  9. #29
    Dreadlord Cebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookstar View Post
    Wow, that's amazing that a place holder thread raged someone so hard. Obviously this is no where near final as things will change between now and then. I imagine the Int gains alone will outweigh the 4set of t12 for arcane. The fire and frost are looking good thus far, curious to see what other pieces get thrown in there.

    To pixul, chill brah, if you are going to get raged over a chance of information being incorrect, you shouldn't read any thread in these forums.
    Lol im not raged, i just think its stupid to post such a retarded list with such an extreme lack of research into the current items available in 4.3. But i guess if expecting more out of the mods on this forum means im raging.. sure, im raging. Back to watching breaking bad.. peace!

  10. #30
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77198#comments

    normal DW trinket gives whooping 880intellect which is 880SP some crit(dont know how much) and 95.04mp5 and 13200mana so i think this will beat SOW right??

    im not quiet sure about http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77203 trinket 458int is 458sp with 49.464 6870mana will beat SOW but most def heroic version will(these are all normal version btw)

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77198#comments

    normal DW trinket gives whooping 880intellect which is 880SP some crit(dont know how much) and 95.04mp5 and 13200mana so i think this will beat SOW right??

    im not quiet sure about http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77203 trinket 458int is 458sp with 49.464 6870mana will beat SOW but most def heroic version will(these are all normal version btw)
    The Heroic version probably will, since two trinkets would have 517 and 990 passive Int (not counting the bonuses from MotW and Wizardry here). Perhaps SoW won't be good anymore, but I'll address trinkets in the very last build before live to gauge any changes made to trinkets.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 11:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    Lol im not raged, i just think its stupid to post such a retarded list with such an extreme lack of research into the current items available in 4.3. But i guess if expecting more out of the mods on this forum means im raging.. sure, im raging. Back to watching breaking bad.. peace!
    "This is a very VERY early draft of possible BiS lists for the three specs. It is being based off of current stat values at BiS gear and are simply MY PERSONAL approximation. That is, at least, for the v1 format. As gear becomes finalized and the PTR moves into its launch build, hopefully SimCraft and CharDev will have updated their servers to house these items so I can build a true BiS list. Will update the OP with a new "v" as they become available.

    I KNOW IT'S NOT COMPLETE, BUT I AM SLEEPY."

    So I'm just going to assume that you read about 0 of the actual OP and just went with trash talk? Gotcha, guess that's typical behavior on your part.

    However, I do suggest you calm down the attitude a bit (I've actually never seen you post a list of any sort), but I would hate to have to put that point tally to 25 and not have your pleasant posts for two full weeks (every post you've made in this thread is actually intractable, I'm being lenient with the whole Blizzcon just happened and everyone is super excited, but that won't last long on my end).

  12. #32
    Dreadlord Cebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    The Heroic version probably will, since two trinkets would have 517 and 990 passive Int (not counting the bonuses from MotW and Wizardry here). Perhaps SoW won't be good anymore, but I'll address trinkets in the very last build before live to gauge any changes made to trinkets.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 11:08 PM ----------



    "This is a very VERY early draft of possible BiS lists for the three specs. It is being based off of current stat values at BiS gear and are simply MY PERSONAL approximation. That is, at least, for the v1 format. As gear becomes finalized and the PTR moves into its launch build, hopefully SimCraft and CharDev will have updated their servers to house these items so I can build a true BiS list. Will update the OP with a new "v" as they become available.

    I KNOW IT'S NOT COMPLETE, BUT I AM SLEEPY."

    So I'm just going to assume that you read about 0 of the actual OP and just went with trash talk? Gotcha, guess that's typical behavior on your part.

    However, I do suggest you calm down the attitude a bit (I've actually never seen you post a list of any sort), but I would hate to have to put that point tally to 25 and not have your pleasant posts for two full weeks (every post you've made in this thread is actually intractable, I'm being lenient with the whole Blizzcon just happened and everyone is super excited, but that won't last long on my end).
    Oh no, ill be banned from the forums where the mods are players who post inaccurate BIS lists every tier, have no clue what they are talking about, have lack luster progression and act like their a part of vodka, and cant parse for shit. BETTER WATCH OUT! ILL BE MISSING A WHOLE LOT!

    BYE GUYS!

    PS- I read your post, and it doesnt change the fact that your list is retarded and has no merit for being posted other than being posted entirely too early and with no research being done prior to the post... Thats like posting the summary of a book before its even been written.

    Last warning, any posts by user or anyone else past this point not discussing possible BiS items next patch will be infracted.
    Last edited by Lord Swizzlington; 2011-10-27 at 11:18 PM.

  13. #33
    The Arcane list makes sense to me. Like when I first read the T13 bonuses I thought "oh wow this will be awesome, a 20 second CD on Arcane Power!" but I hadn't even thought about losing the 10% reduction from the current 4 set. So essentially if you are using AP on cooldown (which I figure you should since you would just be wasting the 4 piece bonus at that point) that would mean you would have a fairly passive 10% increase, and if you go even further you can say it technically is a 20% increase since you lose the 10% reduction. That to me sounds like a fairly awful bonus but the haste is still nice, just the Arcane Power part scares me seeing how important mana conservation is to the Arcane spec.

    Also does anyone happen to know if the Shard of Woe nerf in 4.3 is going to further reduce the benefit for non holy/nature spells? They already nerfed it to 205 for other spell schools which isn't reflected on the tooltip, so do you know if they will further reduce that 205 down to something like ~105 when they make the trinket 205 for holy/nature or do you think they will take it down to 205 for all classes.

  14. #34
    I just wanted to thank Swizzle for putting up this post, even though it's not done yet. I am sure he will take the time when he has it, to finish up his work and to show us his opinion about what's going to be our gear (most likely) in 4.3. I hope to see the complete list one of these days, as I would like to start some comparison myself et cetera (I realise I could do it without his list, but I'm kinda low on time at the moment).

    Again, thanks for posting this thread Swizzle, atleast then we know it's being done by a capable mage .

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    The Arcane list makes sense to me. Like when I first read the T13 bonuses I thought "oh wow this will be awesome, a 20 second CD on Arcane Power!" but I hadn't even thought about losing the 10% reduction from the current 4 set. So essentially if you are using AP on cooldown (which I figure you should since you would just be wasting the 4 piece bonus at that point) that would mean you would have a fairly passive 10% increase, and if you go even further you can say it technically is a 20% increase since you lose the 10% reduction. That to me sounds like a fairly awful bonus but the haste is still nice, just the Arcane Power part scares me seeing how important mana conservation is to the Arcane spec.
    You're not taking into account that we were fine before the set bonus, and that without the set bonus the 10% increase is only a 10% base cost increase, not 10% of total cost... So technically it'd be a 10% increase to cost as the 67-87 mana increase is negligable to say the least. That said 10% increase in cost for a 20% increase to dmg, I'll take that trade anyday - even using AP during conservation phases, you need to remember it's multiplicative with our mastery increase.

    "It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    You're not taking into account that we were fine before the set bonus, and that without the set bonus the 10% increase is only a 10% base cost increase, not 10% of total cost... So technically it'd be a 10% increase to cost as the 67-87 mana increase is negligable to say the least. That said 10% increase in cost for a 20% increase to dmg, I'll take that trade anyday - even using AP during conservation phases, you need to remember it's multiplicative with our mastery increase.
    Well before though we were only using it every 90 seconds for our burn phases, and with this new mechanic it seems we will have 100% uptime on the buff which is why I was worried about the cost since it is going to be there almost all the time now rather than just for 15 seconds every 1m 30s.

    I guess you will just have to use AM more during conservation since that has no mana cost.

  17. #37
    It'd be 75% uptime tops... Not 100%.

    "It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

  18. #38
    given this is a work in progress, i figure ill make a few suggestions that havent been mentioned yet
    havent looked at reforging / statweights / caps or w.e, just some options with large INT increases

    410 neck
    Opal of the Secret Order
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78547

    410 back
    Nanoprecise Cape
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78510

    410 wrists
    Bracers of the Banished
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78417
    OR
    Chronoboost Bracers
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78576

    416 gloves
    Gloves of Liquid Smoke
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78461

    410 belts
    Cord of the Slain Champion
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78391
    OR
    Tentacular Belt
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78567
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-10-28 at 09:19 AM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    It'd be 75% uptime tops... Not 100%.
    I just rechecked my math and you are right since it will be up for 15 out of every 20 seconds. You get 70 seconds off from the 4 piece bonus and you also account for the 15 seconds of time elapsed from first using AP for a total of 85 seconds off.

    I already had a few questions in mind about the bonus but I doubt they can be answered before the patch goes live. For example since this is a stacking buff I would assume you can cancel it, so will it be possible to get 1 stack, click it off, and then get 10 more for 77 seconds off the CD rather than just 70? That would guarantee you 100% uptime.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    I just rechecked my math and you are right since it will be up for 15 out of every 20 seconds. You get 70 seconds off from the 4 piece bonus and you also account for the 15 seconds of time elapsed from first using AP for a total of 85 seconds off.

    I already had a few questions in mind about the bonus but I doubt they can be answered before the patch goes live. For example since this is a stacking buff I would assume you can cancel it, so will it be possible to get 1 stack, click it off, and then get 10 more for 77 seconds off the CD rather than just 70? That would guarantee you 100% uptime.
    I imagine it will have it's own internal buff that doesn't allow it to stack passed 10, and if it doesn't already, blizz is struggling and I imagine will fix it before it goes live.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •