Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Even if you reforge everthing to mastery (which is not possible, due to a few haste/mastery items), your way beyond 50% GCD cap : / By the loss of T12 4p, mastery is devalued by a fair bit
    Well, you can reforge away 1,109 Haste into anything else you want, including Hit, Mastery, and Crit. That would bring you back down to roughly the current levels of Haste and that negates any concerns, I would assume.

Deleted
    Hm, your really want to stay optimistic I won't argue with you (with Blizzard maybe), your work (BiS List) is appreciated! But not the stats and the bonus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Hm, your really want to stay optimistic I won't argue with you (with Blizzard maybe), your work (BiS List) is appreciated! But not the stats and the bonus.
    The choices are really limited. There is only one higher ilvl off-set piece again, which reduces choices in terms of tier, and the only multiple choice gearing comes from Rings and Trinkets. If they change the Cunning trinket to deal spell damage instead of Shadow, it could be better for Frost since it would then benefit from Specialization.

I entered the Items known for the new raid into the Rawr datafile for Fire, and this is what I came up with:

Helmet: T13
    Neck: Flowform Choker Heroic
    Shoulders: T13
    Back: Nanoprecise Cape
    Chest: T13
    Wrists: Bracers of Unconquered Power
    Gloves: Gloves of Liquid Smoke
    Waist: Cord of the Slain Champion
    Leggings: T13
    Feet: Kavan's Forsaken Treads
    Rings: Ring of the Riven, Seal of the Grand Architect
    Trinkets: Will of Unbinding, Insignia of the Corrupted Mind
    Main Hand: Dragonwrath
    Ranged: Hungermouth Wand

Notes:

1) In all shifting around of gear I tried Flowform Choker Heroic came always out on top of the new neckpiece
    2) Bracers of Unconquered Power always came out on top of the other two bracers, with all shifting around
    3) Same about the Boots
    4) Same about the rings

Of course Rawr currently does not model the changes to the firespec. This equip set is for a Draenai Mage (so +1% Hit).
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    -snip-
    Actually, thanks for reminding me. Need to add a disclaimer that these sets were done on a Troll Mage and that results will vary slightly depending on Race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Rebo View Post
    No, that's not what he is saying. Stop antagonizing.

It's fun to speculate and see possibilities. If you don't like it, then don't ruin it for everyone else.
    Way to be a week late, perhaps you should read the mod edits as well where this discussion was halted... How about an infraction like was promised swizzle?

** Infracted - Trolling/Flaming/Asking for Infraction, take your pick - Heilige **
    Last edited by Heilige; 2011-11-02 at 09:30 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    Way to be a week late, perhaps you should read the mod edits as well where this discussion was halted... How about an infraction like was promised swizzle?
    Sorry in advance to the mods. Honest mistake. I'll retract my previous post.

Pixul: That was really not necessary. Thanks.
    Last edited by Max Rebo; 2011-11-02 at 08:32 PM.

Mistakes happen, Max. You deleted the post, and even then it wasn't THAT bad... just keep it strictly OT from here on out.

@ MagicSN, mind taking a screenshot or or linking images of some sort to your findings? I'd like to see specific stat weights as to how Flowform came out ahead.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance of a BIS list(s) for those of us that ain't going to be fortunate enough to get dragonwrath any time soon?
    I know the lists ain't final, but still, great to know so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedwhite View Post
    Any chance of a BIS list(s) for those of us that ain't going to be fortunate enough to get dragonwrath any time soon?
    I know the lists ain't final, but still, great to know so far.
    Technically BiS is just that, Best In Slot, of which DTR is. Is your guild not planning on continuing atleast 6/7H FL clears in 4.3? It'll take like an hour, hour and a half top end to do on an off night.

Either way, once we iron out the complete BiS List, I'll try to put together a non-DTR BiS - but not before, atleast not from me.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just switch out DTR for the Haste proc staff from DW.

also we get 500 haste rating from our 2set so its more like 3500 haste rating unreforged :/ so about 2.3k haste at bis
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Technically BiS is just that, Best In Slot, of which DTR is. Is your guild not planning on continuing atleast 6/7H FL clears in 4.3? It'll take like an hour, hour and a half top end to do on an off night.

Either way, once we iron out the complete BiS List, I'll try to put together a non-DTR BiS - but not before, atleast not from me.
    Some guilds don't go back to old content, same as some guilds didn't bother going back to Sinestra for Shard of Woe during Firelands. You could always pug it though.

But OT I really hope Shard of Woe remains BiS for arcane as I finally got it after about half a year. Any math from PTR proving it will remain BiS or will it stay an assumption (still with arguments, no offense meant). Might have missed a page of comments since I'm not watching this thread 24/7, so I'm sorry if I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Mistakes happen, Max. You deleted the post, and even then it wasn't THAT bad... just keep it strictly OT from here on out.

@ MagicSN, mind taking a screenshot or or linking images of some sort to your findings? I'd like to see specific stat weights as to how Flowform came out ahead.
    I could upload my modified xml file for Rawr somewhen later. I suspect though it had to do with putting in a new +50 int Gem into the socket of the 391 (the 397 has no gem socket).

Rawr seemed to have used: Int 3.62, Hit 3.42, Spell Power 3.21, Crit 1.97 Haste 1.91 and Mastery 1.67 (This was for Fire Spec).
    Last edited by MagicSN; 2011-11-03 at 10:46 AM.
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ardorius View Post
    Some guilds don't go back to old content, same as some guilds didn't bother going back to Sinestra for Shard of Woe during Firelands. You could always pug it though.

But OT I really hope Shard of Woe remains BiS for arcane as I finally got it after about half a year. Any math from PTR proving it will remain BiS or will it stay an assumption (still with arguments, no offense meant). Might have missed a page of comments since I'm not watching this thread 24/7, so I'm sorry if I missed it.
    I was thinking about getting one seeing as it may still be BiS but you also have to think Arcane might not be the best spec to play and you won't be using SoW for Fire obviously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    I was thinking about getting one seeing as it may still be BiS but you also have to think Arcane might not be the best spec to play and you won't be using SoW for Fire obviously.
    Ultraxion looks like its going to be the Baleroc of DS though, and we'll be Arcane for that and having SoW would be a fairly major deal considering we might not have reached trinkets overpowering SoW by that stage

15+ Year Old Account
    Ultraxion and Spine seem like Arcane fights, and Vol'saj (sp?) can be an Arcane friendly fight depending on what you get, so getting SoW isn't a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Ultraxion and Spine seem like Arcane fights, and Vol'saj (sp?) can be an Arcane friendly fight depending on what you get, so getting SoW isn't a bad idea.
    Aren't those SimCraft results done with 1 target non-movement fights though? Granted they are probably really rough at this point but it's not like the Fire changes were very complex ones since they just bumped up some coefficients on spells so I would think that those are fairly accurate results.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    Aren't those SimCraft results done with 1 target non-movement fights though? Granted they are probably really rough at this point but it's not like the Fire changes were very complex ones since they just bumped up some coefficients on spells so I would think that those are fairly accurate results.
    I didn't really bring up SimCraft...so I don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Yor'sahj? If so, that's definitely a fire fight, especially on heroic (add's have 2m health each and stay up for a LONG time). Ultraxion will (imo) end up being a fire fight just because your dots will still be ticking when you are phased whereas arcane is doing nothing during that part.