Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    A game where I had to be the sniper that shot JFK, then keep shooting JFK in the head until I'd re-enacted the shot perfectly.
    I am not sure why, perhaps all the media talking shit about this game, but i got rather stiff when i played it. I absolutely loved that you had to do it over and over until you got it right.

While I think that it looks like a good game, I can't get over how oversexualized Bayonetta is... It bothers me. It's partially why I haven't tried it yet, because it gets on my nerves that they made her so slutty.

World of Warcraft.

But seriously, I did enjoy the Phantasmagoria games.

And offensive games are awesome.

Deleted
    The GTA games. Whilst I enjoyed playing them, I do feel as if some of the content was created purely for the sake of spawning controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    While I think that it looks like a good game, I can't get over how oversexualized Bayonetta is... It bothers me. It's partially why I haven't tried it yet, because it gets on my nerves that they made her so slutty.
    Some might see that as female empowerment, taking control of their own sexuality. I would probably blush furiously if I played it (it's why I haven't tried a number of Japanese games yet).

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    World of Warcraft.

But seriously, I did enjoy the Phantasmagoria games.

And offensive games are awesome.
    PHANATASMAGORIA! A PUZZLE OF FLESH! Man that game was so...mediocre : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Manhunt. I get that games can be violent, but choking someone out with a plastic grocery bag kinda got to me. It was actually LESS offensive when you were just shooting dudes.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    Twisted Metal Black. Not offensive so much as disturbing to the squeamish.
    I so cant wait for the next one man. The stories are so twisted its awesome.

To the op i have never been offended by video games. The twisted or wrong story line are usually made with good intent. To be goofy or simply to make the story grittier. Take for exemple the man in the cement truck in GTA that was mentioned here. It was done correctly and it was a funny mission, but that kind of murder do happen and there is nothing wrong with picturing gangsterism with all the horrible thing it leads to in a 18+ rated video game.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    PHANATASMAGORIA! A PUZZLE OF FLESH! Man that game was so...mediocre : /
    Haha. Well in my rose colored goggles' defense, I think the first Phantasmagoria game was one of the first of a handful of PC games I've played. Plus I was quite young when I played both. :P

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Haha. Well in my rose colored goggles' defense, I think the first Phantasmagoria game was one of the first of a handful of PC games I've played. Plus I was quite young when I played both. :P
    It's about as good as the other FMV games that came out in that era. Sadly it didn't have Christopher Walken in it though

Deleted
    Well, offense is entirely subjective, and honestly I don't let video games offend me. I've played some pretty tasteless games though. But I digress, that's just boring semantics :P

First ones that come to mind are Postal 2 (which was so very dumb, but frankly I laughed through it, and besides it was intended as a social allegory every yard along the way), ZOG's Nightmare and uuuuh probably more, but those are the only two that really left an impression. Zog's nightmare I think is another name for the same game you mentioned in the OP, Ethnic Cleansing, or a sequel or something. Same engine and same developer, if they can be called that. Absolutely horrendous mesages, and even if you grayzone yourself enough to ignore that, the gameplay is unbelievably bad as well.

Then there's tasteless handling of a franchise. Metroid: Other M was a... well, okay, kind of decent game. I bought it, I played it, I finished it. But it beat every story element that makes Metroid Metroid into a pulp and left it to bleed in spasms. Sort of a shame to see gaming's #1 symbol for "badass woman" being turned into a crying pansy just because that's how Team Ninja rolls. Not that I mind the weak and helpless role, it has its' places, but it's not nice to turn Samus Aran into one.

But as I said, decent game. I would've just enjoyed it more if it wasn't a Metroid game.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Some might see that as female empowerment, taking control of their own sexuality. I would probably blush furiously if I played it (it's why I haven't tried a number of Japanese games yet).
    OH!

I was having the hardest time coming up with ANY games that offended me at one moment or other, but then I read that... yes... I have played certain Japanese games that managed to offend me. Of course, I knew full well what I was getting into, but it's still surprising.

As far as English games, the 'offensive' bits tend to be done by the antagonists, instead of certain Japanese genres where its you or a protagonist that makes your head spin.

Anything by Illusion. I don't think I'm allowed to be more specific though

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    What was offensive about Heavy Rain?
    Well some of the subject matter was just shocking to find in a video game. I guess I wasn't really offended​.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Well some of the subject matter was just shocking to find in a video game. I guess I wasn't really offended​.
    I don't remember every minute of the game, but nothing really comes to mind that was shocking, other than that one bit where

SPOILERS

you cut off your finger

SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I don't remember every minute of the game, but nothing really comes to mind that was shocking, other than that one bit where

SPOILERS

*snip*

SPOILERS
    Yeah that part and the child portion at the beginning. I never had anything close to that happen in any other game. But again, I think I posted without fully thinking about it. I definitely wasn't offended just surprised at the content offered.

The part in BF3 where you have to do the thing at the pool to save the world.... yeah that was a bit shocking too considering I know how it is between Marines.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-10-28 at 01:00 AM.

Custer's Revenge...if you have not heard of it, read/watch and be offended!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custer%27s_Revenge

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/an...ewattack/23884

I do not think anyone can top this game!

Quote Originally Posted by roxor999 View Post
    Well there is only 1 thing in any I've ever played, that I truly disgusted. It was when you buried the guy alive with the cement truck in San Andreas. When i saw that i went like: ''That shouldn't be in a game.'' But it is a great game nonetheless.

Edit: also it was this way because it is a realistic game. In a non-realistic game I don't care about anything.
    Holy shit yes, that sent a shiver down my spine I have to admit it, but the little pixilated shit derserved it
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Postal 2 ?

You know? The game, with the cat, and the piss, and the vomit, and stuff?
    Agree, but it was still fun tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post

LMAO brilliant sorry, yes in theory its offensive but the pixals pictures just make it all right
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post

Now there is a game that needs a HD remake