Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77938

This is ilevel 397. No 410 or 384 version so one could assume this is from VP.

So still an issue at heroic level but not normal.

even with the nerfs to the legendary staff on the ptr it's still roughly 1300 dps ahead of the heroic deathwing spellcaster weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Ipawnu View Post
    Nerfed because blizzard does NOT WANT IT TO BE BIS
    you are completely wrong, the only reason its being nerfed is that is scales so good with gear so by the time your in t13 gear the staff will be just as good as it is now otherwise the dps gain from it would be too much, if the staff is nerfed too much it will be fixed but it will stay BiS. Plus with the Steps of Time staff wielders any legendery staff wielder will be hugging them for the extra haste buff also.

lightning rod looks like a good staff if they dont put in another off hand though.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2011-11-18 at 12:06 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Druid Glistens View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77938

This is ilevel 397. No 410 or 384 version so one could assume this is from VP.

So still an issue at heroic level but not normal.
    it does disprove the OP. and thats all what matters, isnt it?

15+ Year Old Account
    The staff will still be BiS, it's being nerfed due to it's scaling issues. It's a % based damage increase, meaning it will only get better with gear.

There is another off-hand floating about in database's that doesn't have spirit; http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77938 but no idea where it's from and there is no heroic/lfr version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipawnu View Post
    lmao. Dragonwrath won't be BIS above heroic DS gear. Either stop trolling or you don't know enough about stats to realize it won't be, which brings up the question, why do you have a legendary? But yeah, i thought its somewhat fixed by not giving a 403/416 offhand, which will force everyone to use the 403/416 staff.
    lmao

sorry but I actually lol'd

legendary weapon is legendary for a reason, I still remember how OP Valanyr was during Lich King's time, even a Resto druid with Valanyr can heal H LK without the aids of Disc Priest.

thread poster just saw the loot table and did the following: DERP DERP SPIRIT DERP I WEAR 353 DERP WHAT I DO NAOW?

Infracted - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-11-18 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by parrademun View Post
    thread poster just saw the loot table and did the following: DERP DERP SPIRIT DERP I WEAR 353 DERP WHAT I DO NAOW?
    call someone a troll on this sight and you get infracted but call someone mentally retarded? perfectly fine
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by Superalpaca View Post
    Yeah man, nobody used Thunderfury after MC.

Oh wait, people used it all the way into early BC content until it was nerfed.

Val'anyr?

Oh wait, people used it for the rest of the expansion.

Guess you're right, never ever happened before ever.
    Yeah man, rogues didn't use glaives in sunwell either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    call someone a troll on this sight and you get infracted but call someone mentally retarded? perfectly fine
    Perhaps your time would have been better spent using the nifty little "report post" button rather than whining that a mod didn't see his post in the 7 minutes before you responded.

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    You posted 7 minutes after the post you referenced... you realize mods don't live on the forums 24/7 and only catch so much... reporting posts helps significantly.

Either way, there is infact an OH, just no 410+ offhand much like the neck/cloak issues casters are running into atm.

*EDIT* Damn you wilderness!

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Heroic main + normal off = heroic staff. Balance.

Moar qq about offhands now... go get your staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Dragonwrath (yes, the nerfed version) will be BiS at least up until H Deathwing weapons, and at that point, progression is over, so who cares?
    This. Once you finally kill HC Deathwing and loot your BiS staff it won't matter at all which one of those two is better.

So, up until HC Deathwing, people who have the legendary will surely use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absynthia View Post
    This. Once you finally kill HC Deathwing and loot your BiS staff it won't matter at all which one of those two is better.

So, up until HC Deathwing, people who have the legendary will surely use it.
    And even then, those with it will keep it til everyone else has the DW staff anyway, because it buffs DTR users. Not that it won't be BiS, but that's besides the point.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shall we talk about how there is no 410 agility or strength neck, as well as no non spirit 410 int neck, not to mention theres only 1 410 ring for hunters , whilst rogues ferals and enhances have 2 410s, or even in FL how every class except from cloth dps and plate are rocking a 378 belt whilst cloth have the only 397 belt and plate dps have the 391 belt which isnt that fantastically itemised but is pretty much taken for the strength?

Gaps in gear happen, get over it and welcome down into the crowd of lesser ilvl mages and warlocks, if you need to use a VP item to fill that slot, just like i'm very likely gonna be rocking with my 397 Rag Choker for a massively long time till I ascertain if the 397 VP (exact same Ilvl that is btw if you hadnt noticed) will be better in the long run. Even then i'll still be buying it last if it is best since its 397 <=> 397 so the only change is secondary stats.
    Last edited by navai; 2011-11-18 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by navai View Post
    Shall we talk about how there is no 410 agility or strength neck, as well as no non spirit 410 int neck, not to mention theres only 1 410 ring for hunters , whilst rogues ferals and enhances have 2 410s, or even in FL how every class except from cloth dps and plate are rocking a 378 belt whilst cloth have the only 397 belt and plate dps have the 391 belt which isnt that fantastically itemised but is pretty much taken for the strength?

Gaps in gear happen, get over it and welcome down into the crowd of lesser ilvl mages and warlocks, if you need to use a VP item to fill that slot, just like i'm very likely gonna be rocking with my 397 Rag Choker for a massively long time till I ascertain if the 397 VP (exact same Ilvl that is btw if you hadnt noticed) will be better in the long run. Even then i'll still be buying it last if it is best since its 397 <=> 397 so the only change is secondary stats.
    nice but.. http://ptr.wowhead.com/items=4.-3?fi...79;crs=4;crv=0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by navai View Post
    ............*snip* or even in FL how every class except from cloth dps and plate are rocking a 378 belt whilst cloth have the only 397 belt and plate dps have the 391 belt which isnt that fantastically itemised but is pretty much taken for the strength? *snip*
    That is because the belt is a tanking item. Also the 378 Avengers of Hyjal belt has 40 more strength then the 391 from Shannox, good facts you have there sir! Sorry for the off topic :-P

15+ Year Old Account
    Havent seen any loot from valor points yet i think so might be one in there? I could have missed it tho, but there must be a nonspirit offhand somewhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post
    Yea, true 10man raiders only got 1 staff, though we will be getting our second next week, so my guild will have 2 before DS.

And btw, dragonwrath will be bis, I don't even know how anyone with some basic mathskills would argue against that. Oo
    My 25 man guild will have 7 Dragonwraths when 4.3 starts and event tho I got it as well I think it does create an issue as hardly any caster without the staff will find a place in the progress group.