HP repair, how much does it cost?

As my other HP laptop I've used they start to fail just as the warranty is gone. My laptops (Dv6 notebook) battery is failing and it's overheated like hell. Can't play WoW for more then 1 hour before it shuts down.

So, how much does HP repair cost? Is it worth it or should I try to fix it myself?

I need to change the Thermal Grease and pretty much clean up the fans. It's over 80 degrees Celsius when I'm just surfing. Since HP is the devil and laptops are succubuses it's pretty hard to just play "Repair man" and fix it all by yourself.

Need it fixed asap=/

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite easy to play "Repair Man" for most HP laptops; however, if you do not feel comfortable doing this, they're just charge you for the time it takes. You're looking at $120ish if you get it done at a place like BestBuy or $80 on the highend if you do it through a smaller shop. They'll open it up and clean it out. Replace fans if need be, and reapply thermal paste which will cover your CPU and GPU on most HP models.

If you're feeling adventurous, I recommend googling for disassembly instructions. I recently tore apart friend's DV7 because the fan was making noises and the laptop did overheat shutdowns, kinda like yours. Was a pain in the ass and took about 90 minutes to take it apart and clean it thoroughly, but totally possible without instructions.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Guess I can give it a shot. Found an exellent vid on youtube demonstrating how to take apart a regular HP Notebook. Looked pretty chaos but not that bad. Last time I buy HP though, everyone I know (and myself ofc) who have a HP laptop get problems with them just after the damn warranty is gone.