What you guys are doing with your stacks of Pyrite Ore?

Hey everyone,
    I'm just wondering what are you doing with your stacks of Pyrite Ore as epic gems will not be prospected from them in 4.3....
    Are your saving them and prospecting them when 4.3 hits or just selling them out right or ...?

10+ Year Old Account
    saving them anyway. don't currently need to prospect them.

Well after I weeped over them for a while I started prospecting them. Should only take me a few more weeks of prospecting to actually break them all down.

I only remember them revealing 1 method of getting uncut epics, they didn't definitively say that they can't be prospected.
    Quote from Sick4Paradise -

Wow, they should give you Ghostcrawler's job. Wait, no that's a bad idea, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene B View Post
    I only remember them revealing 1 method of getting uncut epics, they didn't definitively say that they can't be prospected.
    Despair er i mean hope... so delicious...
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Smelting it, sending it to my alchemist, and very gradually turning it into truegold.

I am not doing anything with mine currently. Though I am enjoying buying it for less than that of obsidium and elementium ore, then shuffling it. It's making me a tonne of gold.

Ive been leaving messages written in the stacks of ore in our Gbank for the past week. Nothing really else to do with them currently.

Ultimately you'd be better off saving it for the next expansion. A stack of titanium ore goes for 4-500g on my server. That's more than double the highest prices I saw pyrite ore at this expansion. But for those looking for fast cash, shuffling it down will net a lot of money after the initial effort. I broke down 2 guild bank tabs worth today, yielded 1500 volatile earths, 40+ of each rare gem and enough uncommon gems to make 120+ meta gems. I mainly did this because the other ore prices were a bit too high and gem prices on my server have been really high this week with low supply, gotta take advantage! However, picking up cheap pyrite ore as the expansion comes to a close isn't a bad idea.

Prospecting them mostly. I'm not a AH market hawk like some so mostly I'm hoping to get some use out of them for the volatile earths (Dreamcloth for my mage and priest!). Also, saving up stacks of uncut gems that I hopefully can transmute to epics someday. I hope there'll be some use for Truegold in 4.3 other than gear for new alts. Kinda silly to make it the highest metal mat then ignore it for raid recipes in two content patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Paladino View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I'm just wondering what are you doing with your stacks of Pyrite Ore as epic gems will not be prospected from them in 4.3....
    Are your saving them and prospecting them when 4.3 hits or just selling them out right or ...?
    Crying to the fact I saved up a whole guild bank tab with each slot holding a full 20 stack of Pyrite Ore

Still kinda hoping blizzard actually goes against that :\
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I prospected everything. I didn't lose anything, I just didn't make as much a profit as I was expecting.
    All in all, I don't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    Ultimately you'd be better off saving it for the next expansion. A stack of titanium ore goes for 4-500g on my server. That's more than double the highest prices I saw pyrite ore at this expansion. But for those looking for fast cash, shuffling it down will net a lot of money after the initial effort. I broke down 2 guild bank tabs worth today, yielded 1500 volatile earths, 40+ of each rare gem and enough uncommon gems to make 120+ meta gems. I mainly did this because the other ore prices were a bit too high and gem prices on my server have been really high this week with low supply, gotta take advantage! However, picking up cheap pyrite ore as the expansion comes to a close isn't a bad idea.
    Part of the reason titanium ore is so expensive currently is because epic gems drop from the ore still. People use prior expansion epic gems for twink PvP gear, etc. I don't see the same phenomenon happening again (or to the same extent).

As for mine, I'm still holding onto it but not from trying to convince myself that epic gems might come from it, but mainly to decide where it would be most profitable. I can either shuffle it, smelt into bars for belt buckles, or use it in truegold xmutes. Maintaining flexibility is key for me right now
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by quietstrm07 View Post
    Part of the reason titanium ore is so expensive currently is because epic gems drop from the ore still. People use prior expansion epic gems for twink PvP gear, etc. I don't see the same phenomenon happening again (or to the same extent).

As for mine, I'm still holding onto it but not from trying to convince myself that epic gems might come from it, but mainly to decide where it would be most profitable. I can either shuffle it, smelt into bars for belt buckles, or use it in truegold xmutes. Maintaining flexibility is key for me right now
    Titanium has several uses, and the supply is near non-existent(who is going out of their way to farm it). That is why it is so expensive.

Not only do we have Epic gems from Titanium, you have uncommon and rare gems which still sell very well, and even more you have the dust which you can trade in for more tokens. If that wasn’t enough, Titanium bars are used to make choppers, which have and will continue to hold value as long as you have people that dont have it.

Pyrite, in my opinion will go the way of Khorium, it has use for a mount, but has an added bonus of volatile earth. It will be expensive, but not as much as Titanium(but more than it is now).

We also dont know what the level restriction is going to be for MoP(if there is even one) on gems, which would inflate Pyrites cost even more.

I recently prospected all of them gave me a nice profit because of the infero rubies, which sell pretty well on my server

Nothing right now. I'm getting ready to transfer and trying to pair down my gold to 300k which is the maximum cash I can transfer, so doing shuffles etc and selling gems is pointless for me. I have been smelting it very slowly for the daily truegold transmute. I've used up several stacks of the truegold to make Vial of the Sands for when I transfer. I wish someone on my server would post TCG mounts that I'm missing on the AH so I could spend some gold that way.

waiting, and buying more. If I can pick them up at 30g a stack, that's plenty of propsecting profit. As someone mentioned, I can always save my guild bank for MoP and sell for potentially 500g a stack with the gold inflation to be expected. I really don't care, I'm not really playing on the server, starting over with a level 1 and zero gold is interesting for a gold baron :P

edit: people still have to powerlevel professions! What's 1000g for two stacks when you just need two points to be done with cata crap!!!!