Poll: Should WoW be this easy?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ok guys its time we have a serious talk.

Outside of raids, should WoW be this easy?

Could you please tell us why you feel this way?

IMO. No, WoW should not be this easy outside of raids. I feel that Azeroth must offer more challenge. I argue even at lower levels a game must have risk and reward.

edit- If the balance swings to far in either direction, I believe the engagement factor is lost.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2011-11-16 at 01:27 AM.

I think making all stages of the game difficult for everybody would kill the game outright.

Are you complaining that quests are easy? I don't quite follow..

10+ Year Old Account
    No one has any desire for difficulty anymore. The playerbase only identifies with instant gratification. It's a shame. I miss difficulty.

i thought this was going to be a serious talk but no, its a about wow outside raids, this is serious business ppl...

Is this one of those "I remember when WoW was..." type threads?

It's going to be hard to ramp up difficulty at this point after Blizzard lowered the target age bracket for WoW.

Vanilla WoW targeted the EQ market of 20-30 somethings, while Cataclysm / MoP is targeting way, way lower.

Blizzard's continued nerf of previous content like Outlands / Northrend suggests they are going to continue simplifying & dumbing-down the game, regardless of how many leave. Elites are being removed, experience requirement lowered, quests linearized and dungeon quests put in dungeons, etc. I guess mob hitpoints will be reduced to old world levels, so multi packs can be pulled and killed quickly.. fun .. Zzzz...
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-11-16 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    Outside of raids, should WoW be this easy?

Could you please tell us why you feel this way?

IMO. No, WoW should not be this easy outside of raids. I feel that Azeroth must offer more challenge. I argue even at lower levels a game must have risk and reward.

edit- I the balance swings to far in either direction, I believe the engagement factor is lost.
    Wait you're actually saying raids are not easy at this moment?? I lol'd

People like ''you'' are the reason this game is ''easy''. Complained through vanilla and tbc that this game was to hard on all of its aspects and look at the game now, leveling is no challenge, arena is a complete joke, raids are not worth the time anymore and outside of all this whats left?

But to answer your question.

Yes this game should be ''this'' easy, about 95% of wow's community is bads like yourself who consider the raids as they are now ''hard'' and therefore this game has been made as easy as possible so that they can keep all those scrubs because at the end of the day they are the biggest piece of bread on Blizzard's table.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Elementium; 2011-11-16 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobie009 View Post
    Wait you're actually saying raids are not easy at this moment?? I lol'd

People like ''you'' are the reason this game is ''easy''. Complained through vanilla and tbc that this game was to hard on all of its aspects and look at the game now, leveling is no challenge, arena is a complete joke, raids are not worth the time anymore and outside of all this whats left?

But to answer your question.

Yes this game should be ''this'' easy, about 95% of wow's community is bads like yourself who consider the raids as they are now ''hard'' and therefore this game has been made as easy as possible so that they can keep all those scrubs because at the end of the day they are the biggest piece of bread on Blizzard's table.
    Lol He must not know me

I really want old non-linear dungeons back...
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

10+ Year Old Account
    5 Mans should be Wrath Difficulty

Normal Raids should be like nerfed Firelands

HM Raids, every boss should be HM Rag hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    It's going to be hard to ramp up difficulty at this point after Blizzard lowered the target age bracket for WoW.

Vanilla WoW targeted the EQ market of 20-30 somethings, while Cataclysm / MoP is targeting way, way lower.

Blizzard's continued nerf of previous content like Outlands / Northrend suggests they are going to continue simplifying & dumbing-down the game, regardless of how many leave. Elites are being removed, experience requirement lowered, quests linearized and dungeon quests put in dungeons, etc. I guess mob hitpoints will be reduced to old world levels, so multi packs can be pulled and killed quickly.. fun .. Zzzz...
    Pretty much this. How is the difficulty in SWTOR so far?

Panda bears and Pokemon for the next expansion, Karteli is right on the money. It seems some threads are now appearing about people getting hit with swear words in chat now. I say to little to late but lets see how clean Blizz can *cleanup* their game for the prepubescent kiddies.
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Serious talk? Not at all.

I'm OK with difficult, as long as it's not the same as time-consuming beyond what's reasonable just so those that have no other engagements during their days can feel they achieved something. And tbf, I don't think anyone (the OP for example) really knows what would be balanced difficulty in order to please anyone...on the other hand, players like OP want to be pleased themselves and don't really care what others think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobie009 View Post
    Wait you're actually saying raids are not easy at this moment?? I lol'd.
    Marie Antoinette called, and thinks you need some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonystark View Post
    Panda bears and Pokemon for the next expansion, Karteli is right on the money. It seems some threads are now appearing about people getting hit with swear words in chat now. I say to little to late but lets see how clean Blizz can *cleanup* their game for the prepubescent kiddies.
    Just because you agree with his opinions, it doesn't make you both right. Perfect example of this is you stating people playing, are prebubescent kiddies, just to up yourself and try to make your point SEEM more valid...and failing miserably, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Glol View Post
    No one has any desire for difficulty anymore. The playerbase only identifies with instant gratification. It's a shame. I miss difficulty.
    Name one "instant gratification" in this game. I can seriously not think about any, AND I can't think of a single highend achievement/activity that's instantly conquered and earned.

Making leveling harder would only serve to drive off people new to the game and make leveling alts a painful and boring process.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be optional quest hubs for level-capped characters that have legitimately difficult quests, but really? For example, would you not be happy if your level thirteen Druid alt doesn't get killed seven times trying to do a single quest? Because that doesn't sound particularly fun to me, when I'd rather be getting to actual content at the level cap.

Assuming MoP: the first 85 levels of the game should introduce you to your class, your mechanics and how to play the game, as well as how to interact with other players. The next five should give you time to work on getting your newest mechanics to work alongside the old, and how to be a good player in whatever arenas you may choose, whether that be PvE, PvP or even just questing. Making the first part take longer doesn't add anything to the game AT ALL.
    || Yuuzu - 85 Draenei Enh Shaman || Soulu - 85 Worgen Arms Warrior ||
    || Revii - 85 Draenei Blood DK || Convivia of <Bacchanalia> of Durotan US ||

The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
    And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
    So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
    I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Marie Antoinette called, and thinks you need some perspective.
    I'm sorry Yosemite Sam, you were saying?

its way too easy pre-cata content

lvling up ur pretty much invincible these days...its so boring trying to lvl