Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Have you ever regretted a kick?

So, I was kicked on my healer (twice...stupid reasons on second...first I was doing noobish shit and kind of deserved it) in ZG, a dungeon I hate. Because there's really nothing you can do about it once it's done to you and there's no way of knowing why they did (I wish Blizz did that so at least you know the reason and thus can do something to make sure that it won't happen again...or know that they were just being dicks about it). Thus, I was left wondering why I was and things like that. I'm still not used to ZG (ZA seems to be the better dungeon for me out of the 4.1 patch because it's more straightforward).

Which got me to wondering what they would be saying about me afterwards (my heals were okay: whoever said Shammy healers suck probably is doing things wrong, unless someone was getting two shotted). Would they have said I sucked all around, or was just taking their time because I couldn't find my way back after a wipe (I was able to the second time, if only I didn't accidentally aggro a trash pack that they didn't get and died a second time trying to get back...which is when they kicked me)...

...or would they have found a healer that couldn't do shit for them? And/or regretted kicking me?

Which got me thinking...has there ever been a time that you kicked someone out of your dungeon or raid then later thought that it wasn't such a wise decision, for whatever reason? Maybe you just went with the rest of the group in the kick though you didn't agree with it? Did YOU leave as a result of said kick of someone else? Did your party fall apart? Did it get worse with the replacement?

Let's hear it! Did you ever regret kicking someone after the fact? Why?
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

No, but that's because I reserve kicking for the people who deserve it. In other words, people who are outright assholes and insulting the rest of the group. So no, I don't regret kicking them at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I kick you from my group, it means I didn't want to assosiate myself with you. So no, I've never regretted kicking someone.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd rather not finish the dungeon at all

then to finish it and it being the worse run ever due to 1 or 2 individuals
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Im better than other people, so ofcause I dont regret kicking anyone.

I kick very seldom, only if somebody are being abusive/rude out of the ordinary, or (almost never happens) if the person being kicked is directly preventing us (not just slowing us down, but preventing us) from completing the dungeon. In the latter case I may feel bad about having to do it but I don't regret it in any case.

By and large I think people kick too quickly and too easily, and I try hard to not become a part of that problem.

Deleted
    i regretted a few kicks, when the newer person failed even more then the person we just ended up kicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only once and that's because I kicked the person I didn't mean to, and typical LFD they just passed it anyway.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

no regrets, i reserve kicks for absolute asshats, or AFK Dps (or those who struggle to do more than 2-3k)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have. Though I don't judge myself responsible per se. 3 guildies and myself (healer and 3 dps) queued for a random zalandari. The tank we got was... Well, lets say average. He wasn't brilliant. Neglected cooldowns, etc. But we certainly got through the dungeon. We even managed to scrape through to get the Amani Battle Bear. One of the people in my group can be rough to say the least, and the entire dungeon up until the point we beat the timer, he had been a bit of a dick to the tank. When we killed the last boss for the bear mount, he initiated a vote kick. Before clicking yes or no to "Reason: Shit Tank!" I did pose the question in guild chat as to whether he really deserved to be kicked to which the unanimous decision was "YES!". So I clicked yes. The poor tank missed the opportunity to roll on the bear, and as the other 4 of us had it already, everyone passed on the mount. Afterwards, I spent the next half hour or so guilting the person who had initiated the vote kick. I regret clicking yes. If we wanted to get rid of him, I think we could have at least waited until he got the mount. He was still a part of the run, albeit a semi-poorly performing part of it. So I believe he should have had the opportunity to get the mount.

Deleted
    I once kicked a DK gemming Dodge. Then another one came down. He was gemming strength, hit, and crit. THEN came one more scary DK: gemming agility.

I lost my faith in Death Knighthood that very day.

Oh hi. I think I just kicked the OP a while back from a ZG run because he was wearing cloth and leather, as well as a mail AGI belt while his role was a healer.

The kick was deserved. Go run some standard heroics before you show your mace in my groups again.

Deleted
    Which got me to wondering what they would be saying about me afterwards (my heals were okay: whoever said Shammy healers suck probably is doing things wrong, unless someone was getting two shotted). Would they have said I sucked all around, or was just taking their time because I couldn't find my way back after a wipe (I was able to the second time, if only I didn't accidentally aggro a trash pack that they didn't get and died a second time trying to get back...which is when they kicked me)...
    So You wiped twice (suggesting your heals were sub par) and you pull trash (suggesting your an idiot!). I'd kick you.

Back on topic i've never regretted a kick. I allow for ppl gearing up, i allow for ppl learning their character, i allow for ppl who get frustrated.

I play tank/healer/dps if i see someone under performing i will politely suggest ways to improve. I woulda noticed you not putting out gd enough heals and i woulda checked ur gear/enchants/gem/spec and woulda checked the heals you were doing, then i would suggest ways to improve as i said. If you take it on board im all gd if however you continue to play naff or take on an attitude i kick you!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kufik View Post
    Im better than other people, so ofcause I dont regret kicking anyone.
    nice
    10chars

Deleted
    I always kick the people who deserve it. Note that I don't kick people due to bad gameplay(I prefer telling them what they're doing wrong...A cat druid went up from 5k dps to 8k after I told him the optimum rotation and stuff), unless they're semi-afk or taunting off the tank and crap like that, then they deserve the kick.
    I, however, get kicked because I point out the mistakes and give suggestions to correct them, or tell the deeps what they're doing wrong etc. (Yay for being called 'elitist asshole'...Lol, being hlepful is such a drag these days)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I never regreted a kick. Though I think the idea of not knowing reason you get kick is bad. If people needs to get better for some reason they should know why. Still if you just get the reason "Dumbass" og "Don't know what the f*ck he is doing" you could get the feeling that you wanted to respond but can't, so I'm unsure of the how to implement such a feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have alot of patience with people... i look at it as a game so i dont take stuff too serious.
    If the healer or the tank is low on gear i jsut let them try.. if they dont know the fight i explain it to them. I was a Noob once too so i dont mind it. I endure several wipes if i see progression... it does take alot to get me in the mood to kick someone.

Most of my kicks were about selfish Tanks or other stupid pricks. Like when 3 people need a optional Boss and ask nicely to do them too but the tank refuses. Or people who are in a hurry, who think they need to pull cause the tank isnt fast enough in their opinion. Healers who think DPS doesnt need healing and only heal the tanks but have 95%+ Mana..

If you get kicked by me you are a total ass and deserved it imo. So no i wont regret kicks.

Deleted
    yes once my friend wanted to kick the naab tank but he started a vote kick for the other warrior dps instead by mistake I didn't read the name of the guy we were like WTF?? when the kick got passed :X

Yes...yesterday evening, probably the first time ever I kicked someone.

A BOE dropped in Zandalar..everyone rolled greed except 1 person...he took ages before he clicked, then right at the end he clicked need. I figured he just ninja'd it to sell it and kicked him (It was late..had a bad day at work, etc... and the only thing i really hate in WoW are people who ninja loot.). Then I suddenly noticed it was the agi ring that dropped and the one who rolled need was a rogue. I checked him on armory...and he could actually use the ring as it was a major upgrade for him (he had 333).

So if you happen to read this....my sincerest apologies :<

Deleted
    LFD players don't have a conscience, so I doubt you'll get many "yes" answers.