Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    More often I see DK's in blood presence while dps'ing, but both are annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    This also goes for the dps that have to run up and start the event even though the tank hasnt zoned in yet or is stuck on the loading screen. The insane amount of frost DKs in unholy pressence doing a shit job with threat and getting crushed by the mobs is frustrating. They are all just banking on one or more 20k dps burning the HH so fast it doesnt matter.
    While we're on the topic of DKs: using Army of the Dead will screw over all the melee DPS because the boss will whirl around and parry like mad. It's sad when your DPS falls by 4-6k because OMG GOOLZ.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    If i'm on my priest and a dps queues as a tank for HH. I let them die to the crits and then heal the rest of the group, loot, and leave w/o rezzing. It's ignorant, so I'll treat them in kind.
    Except we really don't need you propagating that type of behavior. If I see someone queue as a DPS tank for it, I do my fucking job and throw a grand total of about 3 heals his way. No need to be a jackass, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    It doesn't makes sense even if they're pvpers, you had RF in WotLK because it could be dispelled so you protected your wings and freedom, but now... srsly 90% of the community is retarded.
    fixed for you.

its for thw whole community. not just paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    It doesn't makes sense even if they're pvpers, you had RF in WotLK because it could be dispelled so you protected your wings and freedom, but now... srsly 90% of the Paladin community is retarded.
    Not to be mean or offend anyone, but most definitely this ^^^.

Seriously....every time I see a ret pally join my LFD group, I can pretty much bet my paycheck that they are fucking stupid and don't have a clue what to do. Don't buff the group, or keep trying to buff kings when I already buffed Mark of the Wild and am trying to explain why we need might instead, try to dps in ret spec but with a 1H and a shield, use all 3 HP on Word of Glory on themselves EVERY TIME they get it instead of Templar's Verdict because their health isn't at 100%, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on and on. Ret pallies are by far one of the worst things to see in your LFD. Not because it's a bad class, but because 90% of the people playing them are fucking retarded. Never understood it, but most noobs tend to gravitate toward ret pallies.

Edit: I keep seeing people say it's annoying when a DPS DK is in blood presence, but it's just as bad (and I see it happen alot) when a blood DK is in frost presence. When I ask them why or tell them to change it, they say,"But frost is the tanking presence. It's been that way since Wrath." To which I /facepalm and /leave group.

Edit Edit: And what is with the paladins who STILL don't know that Kings and MotW are the SAME buff!? I HATE it when I'm on my druid and I buff MotW just to have it immediately removed because of the pally in the group casting Kings. When I tell them to buff Might instead because my buff is the same as Kings, they either still don't understand and keep buffing Kings or tell me to "stfu noob and learn the game". *sigh*
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2011-10-29 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonTirri View Post
    How about dem healers who instantly rage on you if they see a two-hander and RF on HH?
    I've tanked HH AS Ret WITH an ELE-shammy healing.
    Yet 9 times out of 10 I get a raging healer when I que AS tank into Horseman as ret.
    On my SPriest I queue as a healer, bubble the tank, and try to nuke the boss before the tank takes too much damage. It usually works since I'll do more DPS than the rest of the group combined. That or I end up tanking because the tank can't hold aggro.

Back on topic, I queue on my pally as a tank, and being prot, I have found it frustrating when a ret paladin has RF on. If they wanted to tank, then they should have queued as it. Not that I'm saying that I'm a bad tank or anything; I can still hold the aggro, but its just not something that you should have to expect every time you try to tank something. If anything, its more of a respect thing; you do your job, I'll do mine.
    Last edited by TehBlkMage; 2011-10-29 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    pokemon stadium, digletts scare the fuck out of me

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Not to be mean or offend anyone, but most definitely this ^^^.

Seriously....every time I see a ret pally join my LFD group, I can pretty much bet my paycheck that they are fucking stupid and don't have a clue what to do. Don't buff the group, or keep trying to buff kings when I already buffed Mark of the Wild and am trying to explain why we need might instead, try to dps in ret spec but with a 1H and a shield, use all 3 HP on Word of Glory on themselves EVERY TIME they get it instead of Templar's Verdict because their health isn't at 100%, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on and on. Ret pallies are by far one of the worst things to see in your LFD. Not because it's a bad class, but because 90% of the people playing them are fucking retarded. Never understood it, but most noobs tend to gravitate toward ret pallies.

Edit: I keep seeing people say it's annoying when a DPS DK is in blood presence, but it's just as bad (and I see it happen alot) when a blood DK is in frost presence. When I ask them why or tell them to change it, they say,"But frost is the tanking presence. It's been that way since Wrath." To which I /facepalm and /leave group.

Edit Edit: And what is with the paladins who STILL don't know that Kings and MotW are the SAME buff!? I HATE it when I'm on my druid and I buff MotW just to have it immediately removed because of the pally in the group casting Kings. When I tell them to buff Might instead because my buff is the same as Kings, they either still don't understand and keep buffing Kings or tell me to "stfu noob and learn the game". *sigh*
    Personally I feel the exact same way about people who play druids...ones who dps in bear, or don't buff MotW, or boomkins who use that knockback shit, or kitties who don't know to stand behind the boss I'm tanking, or healer ones that are just fucking awful. I've had a far worse track record of 'retarded', as you so succinctly put it, people being druids than ret palas.

Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one and you think everyone else's stinks.
    Last edited by Systemic; 2011-10-29 at 11:21 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Except we really don't need you propagating that type of behavior. If I see someone queue as a DPS tank for it, I do my fucking job and throw a grand total of about 3 heals his way. No need to be a jackass, really.
    Same back, don't need you passing the idea that it is ok to Que up as tank when you are really dps. It isn't hard to heal, correct. Just the point in the matter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Katfish View Post
    Same back, don't need you passing the idea that it is ok to Que up as tank when you are really dps. It isn't hard to heal, correct. Just the point in the matter though.
    A tank's duty is to keep the NPC from attacking the rest of the group. If a dps can do the job successfully then he IS a tank. So what is this "point in the matter"?

It's like needing a bandage and some peroxide for a small cut, a licensed doctor isn't necessary for the application.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    A tank's duty is to keep the NPC from attacking the rest of the group. If a dps can do the job successfully then he IS a tank. So what is this "point in the matter"?

It's like needing a bandage and some peroxide for a small cut, a licensed doctor isn't necessary for the application.
    That's the same as saying a ret paladin that uses his holy power and mana to heal the group is the healer. Yeah right....

Deleted
    Righteous Fury in PvP can be used as a CC breaker for pets, and snake traps, and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayrah View Post
    That's the same as saying a ret paladin that uses his holy power and mana to heal the group is the healer. Yeah right....
    Should a dps spec'd hybrid try to do extensive tanking or healing in an actual dungeon or raid setting? No, that's not the point. Should a ret pally be able to queue as tank/heal for a holiday boss that is meant to be a fun loot pinata? Sure, as long as he can do what is needed.

Improvisation that leads to success is a sign of a good player that knows his limits.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    Please paladins, i beg you... EVERY time i see a "ret" pala at the HH event,
    He's doing you a favor!

you dont NEED a tank, at all for this fight. But the queu insists someone is "a tank". So if everyone would queu according to their role you'd still have a tank deficit. Even tough you dont need a tank. So if everyone who can just queus as tank, everyone can get it done faster.

Should a dps spec'd hybrid try to do extensive tanking or healing in an actual dungeon or raid setting? No, that's not the point. Should a ret pally be able to queue as tank/heal for a holiday boss that is meant to be a fun loot pinata? Sure, as long as he can do what is needed.

Improvisation that leads to success is a sign of a good player that knows his limits.
    If he takes half his health in 2 hits because the boss crit on him, no he's not doing his job and I'm not putting forth the extra effort just because someone else wants to be a lazy a-hole and jump the queue by pretending to be a tank. These are the same kind of people that queue up as tank for dungeons, fail at it going "lol I only have a dps spec" wait for someone to leave and then queue as dps so the whole group has to wait for a tank just so he didn't have to queue for 10 minutes. I could fall asleep on my keyboard and heal them, that doesn't mean that I should have to put up with ignorant people. Holding their hand through it is not going to teach them anything. Watching them fall on their face, telling them why they're wrong and not helping them recover from it, might actually make some of them think about it.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ran the HH with a tank who was a DPS DK with less hp than any other member in the group. He kept aggro and didn't drop below 80% health. We killed the boss and left. No yelling "OMG Kick the dps tank!", no "I'm not gunna heal you!" We just killed HH and that was that.

Too much drama in this thread for a loot pinata.

If he takes half his health in 2 hits because the boss crit on him, no he's not doing his job and I'm not putting forth the extra effort just because someone else wants to be a lazy a-hole and jump the queue by pretending to be a tank. These are the same kind of people that queue up as tank for dungeons, fail at it going "lol I only have a dps spec" wait for someone to leave and then queue as dps so the whole group has to wait for a tank just so he didn't have to queue for 10 minutes. I could fall asleep on my keyboard and heal them, that doesn't mean that I should have to put up with ignorant people. Holding their hand through it is not going to teach them anything. Watching them fall on their face, telling them why they're wrong and not helping them recover from it, might actually make some of them think about it.
    If i do the HH on my real tank char, my DK, i dont even need a healer. The healer is just standing there dpsing, and at the end of the fight im full health with a massive Blood Shield build up. So what is this "effort" you're talking about.

Healing a Ret on the HH is still easier then healing a real tank in a Zandalari 5man. So unless you expect that you, the healer, can just queu and not have to do anything except collect loot, where is this extra effort you're talking about?

And as i said before. Would you rather spend an extra 5min waiting for a "real" tank? Or take the Ret and then you actually have to cast a few heals? You benefit from these "lazy a-holes" too. If only real tanks queued for the HH the queu would be alot longer.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've...never seen a DPS queue for a Zandalari and say "lol I'm only dps" and wait for someone to leave for a real tank. Honestly, I never have.

Likewise, I've also never healed a Ret Paladin that took 2 hits to half health on HH either. Fuck, just 5 minutes ago a Boomkin tanked it for us. Who cares. On my Death Knight, I just tell the healer to swap to DPS if he wants because it'll be boring.

Should a dps spec'd hybrid try to do extensive tanking or healing in an actual dungeon or raid setting? No.
    Good, that's the part I wanted you to say

First time I'd seen this in a long time was yesterday, so I mentioned it to the paladin before HH even came down and she was completely baffled as to what I was referring to, I just shook my head and continued on healing -- thankfully she never stole aggro, so I just assumed my UI was bugged.

After HH dies I check recount and see that the ret was pulling less than 3k dps... that was an entirely separate issue of bad right there. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Systemic View Post
    Personally I feel the exact same way about people who play druids...ones who dps in bear, or don't buff MotW, or boomkins who use that knockback shit, or kitties who don't know to stand behind the boss I'm tanking, or healer ones that are just fucking awful. I've had a far worse track record of 'retarded', as you so succinctly put it, people being druids than ret palas.

Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one and you think everyone else's stinks.
    I don't know... I'm a ret paladin at heart, I love ret, but paladins in general just frustrate the Hell out of me whenever I'm running as my druid when they constantly overwrite my Mark of the Wild. Even after I explain it to them they should cast Might instead... right back to Kings they go. Boomkins annoy me with that knockback, yeah, but that's a general issue with classes that can do that.

It's like, 9 paladins out of 10 will do that in an instance, but for HH it's been more like 1 in 10.
    Last edited by Aeryana; 2011-10-31 at 03:50 PM.

Quickest solution is just let them die.