[Anime] Flying Ability?

Not sure if I can ask question's here. But in several animes, usually Asian style ones, such as Inuyasha. Some characters have the ability to create what looks like little balls/clouds of fire around there feet. This lets them fly through the air. Does anyone know what this is called?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

To be honest different shows have different names for said powers so it is hard to actually come up with an accurate name for all of them. I sadly have not watched Inuyaha so I can't be to helpful but googling things never hurts.

10+ Year Old Account
    This probably stems from Japanese folklore. Google oni, bakemono, obake or better yet, youkai.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyasha Wikia
    Flight: Sesshomaru has the ability to float in the sky; however, in the anime, he can sometimes ride upon a sparkling dust cloud. The latter method of flight enables him to bring others along with him while flying by riding the cloud along with him
    Do you mean something in this liking?
    As said above me, there are different names for those different abilities.

As long as they are flying, I won't complain. ♥