Thread: The UFC Thread

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What in the world....that dude is only like 42. And he just fought and some other guy almost died. What is going on in the world? Seems like everyone is just on drugs to get by and it takes them early.
    BAD WOLF

Kimbo Slice dead at 42 with reports saying possible heart attack. Big dude, on steroids/god knows what, sad to say its pretty obvious what went down.

I put $1000 on natural causes. If there was ever a time to bet on something, this is it.

Doctors had already told him that he needed a heart transplant.

apparently another mma fighter is dead. "jp" cole, bellator fighter, killed himself playing russian roulette.

you gotta be a fucking idiot to play russian roulette with a real gun.

Today reaffirmed that Fedor can't go anywhere near today's elite HWs. If that fight with Fabio had happened outside of Russia it would've been stopped in the first.

Was watching that fight with some Russian friends, what a weird fight lmao. Could've easily been stopped in the first round (but russian refs), also the commentator was hilarious. Couldve easily been a draw aswell, I saw it as 10-8 fabrio first round, and 10-9 fedor for round 2 and 3. Overall entertaining but strange fight, lots of talk about it being rigged. The refs were definately not going to give the decision to Fabrio in any circumstance that's for sure

Fedor is just too old, sad he is taking all these beatings recently. Can't be good for his health. If the UFC takes him at this point it's purely for the money

So excited for tonights main event. Wonderboy is one of my favorite fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    So excited for tonights main event. Wonderboy is one of my favorite fighters.
    Same, except Rory is one of my favorites. Both are awesome fighters really. Such a good matchup. Also a lot of boys from where I live (Quebec) are fighting so it should be a great event

I'm really curious how Rory will look after that war with Robbie. Should be a good night of fights.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nervous and excited. Pulling for Rory but I like both fighters tonight. Potentially to be a banger and I love the Welterweight division right now. So many quality matchups to be made, this shapes up the title picture with the winner probably getting a shot. Who doesn't want to see MacDonald/Lawler 3? I'm not sure if Rory will resign with the UFC if he ends up losing this with rumours he's unhappy with his salary and this fight being the last on his contract however.

First few rounds we're slow but I really thought it would get exciting towards the last rounds. Was disappointed especially since Rory is one of my favorite fighters. Oh well, hats off to Thompson his striking is unreal. As a Rory fan is was super frustrating to watch.

The rest of the card was pretty good though.

I love tactical fights like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    I love tactical fights like that.
    Same, it was so tense, but I just wish it ramped up into a KO or something in the last few rounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Wonderboy was a ninja in a past life. He's fun to watch. His striking and speed are kind of crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like Wonderboy. He is very nice guy, quite refreshing among all the gorillas beating their chests.

However I am rather intrigued how people are so surprised by him. I used to do Karate and I always could switch stances, but kicking mainly from southpaw (Me being right handed), moving in and out. Just as Rogan said, teach those Karate guys how to wrestle and grapple and you have a very powerful weapon.

I am really enjoying the flow of Karate and Taekwondo into MMA compared to 'brooding' styles like Muay Thai and Box.

That Rampage fight... lol Glad it wasn't a 5 rounder.

At least Bellator gets to toss MVP out for a match soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    These are finishes by the people in the upcoming UFC 200. Top 8.

Also, Dana White is a complete beta male pussy man.

Seriously? Can't sleep one night in a tent? Guy looks like he goes to the gym 24/7 but he's like the biggest softie nerd I've ever seen. And he's the guy running the biggest fighting league in the world? Well, those who can, do, and those who can't, teach. In this case, those who can't, run the company.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-07-02 at 01:26 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I reaeeeeeaaallly wish it was this weekend. Such a stacked card.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I reaeeeeeaaallly wish it was this weekend. Such a stacked card.
    Can't fucking wait.