Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    If you haven't used it already, there's a free 7 day trial for Fight Pass. Just remember to cancel it before the 7 days are up.
    Meh. Just catching a live stream for now. I'll save the free trial for another time since it seems like most things are FS1/PPV for now.

It supposedly started a 10. There are 11 matches scheduled. As of now, 9 finished. And it's 55 minutes in. Not bad, only like ~1.5 hours prob for the Fight Night. I like the length of it. But it seems quicker.

Yep. Although it doesn't make much sense, it's a really fun fight. DC will rag doll Anderson Silva imo. My hype for UFC 200 has peaked again

I haven't always been a fan, just look at my post history in this thread, but it's fitting for Anderson to be on 200.

Wow another champion down. No more Brazilian belt holders

Also apparently they are changing it so that Miesha vs Nunes is headlining lol. That's fucking stupid.
    Last edited by aysatsana; 2016-07-08 at 04:02 AM.

Alvarez already had a good resume, now he's got a great resume.

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    Wow another champion down. No more Brazilian belt holders

Also apparently they are changing it so that Miesha vs Nunes is headlining lol. That's fucking stupid.
    I woke up like, why is Alvarez calling out Conor? Then I saw the result lol fun times. I hate the idea of Brock headlining, that there are championship fights that aren't the headliner for some... for a guy like that. It's why I've hated the WWF for awhile now, giving people like the Rock (I love him, but...) the belt, Batista, Brock etc. However, Brock is a draw and the UFC is pretty good about giving people what they want to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know how I feel about DC vs. Silva, but I hate Anderson Silva almost as much as I hate JBJ so...whateva. Glad Cormier got his money, because that's definitely what this was all about.
    BAD WOLF

Weigh in is at 6. Link here for a stream when it starts. I wanna watch that too.

- - - Updated - - -

That guy that Jon was supposed to fight was so upset he was willing to sign a waiver just to let it happen.

Link to video. Starts at 4:15.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Weigh in is at 6. Link here for a stream when it starts. I wanna watch that too.

- - - Updated - - -

That guy that Jon was supposed to fight was so upset he was willing to sign a waiver just to let it happen.

Ugh.. I feel so bad for DC Glad he got to fight after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of respect for Cormier here with this clip. Glad he's getting to fight and getting paid though it's not the same anymore.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Weigh-in live stream is really soon. I didn't realize it was straight from youtube. I'll just embed the video here for you guys then, since we can.

Deleted
    It's funny how forgetting and dismissive UFC and it's audience is. Wasn't too many years ago when Anderson being on the card would've been amazing, whether you hated him or not. I'm not defending him in that he absolutely gave away his throne and glory by playing around and not taking stuff seriously in the first fight, and then just simply had bad luck in the second one (please, with the skilled shin block already), but it's funny how basically one mistake and not recovering from it properly completely blows up a what, 17 win streak and legacy?

Yeah, he's old, and will never recover his past glory. Still, it's funny how the dislike and hatred toward him have completely overshadowed all of his accomplishments. Also, might've gone with another main event to be honest. Miesha is fun to watch and all but you've got plenty of other people on the card that'll give you a better main event fight.

I love Cat's hair there. Looking forward to Pearson and Jojo tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

JJ is a beast, and respect to Claudia. Nice to see the judges make use of a 10-8 round, too. This fight should've been on 200.

omfg, i did not know that lesnar would be fighting mark hunt. i want to see this so bad now, omfg.

gah, i'm so tempted to spend my birthday money T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    JJ is a beast, and respect to Claudia. Nice to see the judges make use of a 10-8 round, too. This fight should've been on 200.
    JJ has dispatched all contenders now. There isn't much competition in that weight class, maybe 3-4

With Jon Jones now out of UFC 200 so goes my interest in UFC 200 and pretty much UFC in general.

RIP Jon Jones, was a good ride.

Turned TV to FS1 on cablebox on TV to start watching the second undercard prelims but lol baseball is showing. I hope it ends soon. Like within 5 minutes soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Finished watching the undercard on TV.

I'm back at desktop to catch a live stream of the main card, which is now. Checking now.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow this Velazquez guy won in one round.. it was at the end. I didn't think the ref would call it since the round was just about to be over

- - - Updated - - -

I'm starting to get tired. I get that they're doing promo videos and lots of talking but damn. One one-round fight and one five-round fight and it's already 1.5 hours in.

Still three fights left. Guess it won't end til like 1:45...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So as much as I dislike Silva...and anything can still happen b/c it isn't over...I really feel bad watching Cormier just lay on him for a whole round. He's clearly out of his weight and it shows. Cormier makes him look like a ragdoll.
    BAD WOLF