Thread: The UFC Thread

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    She also holds 3 victories over Joanna Jedrzejczyk in Muay Thai

Robbie's card looks weak, and I got him wrecking Tyron. Local dude though, so should be some hot spots around here showing it for free enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea 201 is really weak but that's what happens when you overstack a card like 200. 202 looks god damn great so far though!

Yep, some of my favorites are on there. Rumble and Condit are on there with McG... what do people predict for the rematch? Diaz has been looking beastly, but giving Conor this much time to settle into 170 makes me curious if he's been able to add some snap, cuz he sure didn't last time.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yep, some of my favorites are on there. Rumble and Condit are on there with McG... what do people predict for the rematch? Diaz has been looking beastly, but giving Conor this much time to settle into 170 makes me curious if he's been able to add some snap, cuz he sure didn't last time.
    I think Conor will do a ton better though I'm hesitant to pick a winner here. I'm pretty sure he won't gas out at the very least, I remember reading that he was more or less eating his way up to the weight the last time so that explains the gas out at least. ESPN had an article up a week ago or so that was a highlight of his training camp and it was said to be more focused and 'military' oriented instead of off the cuff, do whatever Conor feels like doing which was how he was training previously. So at the very least Diaz was a wake up call that he can't skate through if he's going to fight at higher weight classes.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    *snip*
    Yeah, it seemed like he put on weight lazily and his cardio suffered. He can definitely out skill Diaz...I mean we saw a whole round of that. It's just a question of can he a) Actually hurt him with punches and b) Can his cardio allow him to do that for multiple rounds

If both of those are yes, then we'll likely see an entirely different outcome. However, as much as I love Conor and want to think he's invincible, he could take a pop to the jaw just like Aldo and go down in the blink of an eye. You just never know.
    BAD WOLF

UFC 201 tonight. 10 PM. Pay-per view so you better be ready to live stream.

wow Ellenberger with the huge upset.

This Woodley guy looks built. he doesn't move around like he's a gr8 fighter but I hope he wins.

- - - Updated - - -

....Wow and he won in the first round right after I said that. New Welterweight champion.

Knew Woodley could pull the upset with that power

10+ Year Old Account
    Man...he was out on his feet immediately when that hit landed. Wasn't very fun to watch though, but oh well. The women's fight, muy thai exhibition was very fun to watch.
    BAD WOLF

I think Karolina can take Jojo... maybe. That Welterweight division tho.... I thoguht Maia/Condit was on the main card for 202?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maia condit is a fox card

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post

1:50

USADA comin' for you Dana
    Wonder what he was doing at the cs go event. Also Dana/Fertita have been big like that for awhile, definately juicing, probably doctor supervised and everything. But he looks bigger on that picture, probably the angle

I set a reminder on my phone. There's a Fight Night tonight on FS1. Will have it on on TV while I'm at desktop/laptop doing other stuff. I'll prob pay attention l8er.

Prelims are now on FS1 too. Main Card starts in an hour.

Prelim's were fun enough. Barely stayed away for the first match of the main card, went to play video games after. Saw twitter after the second fight, with Dana White even saying he doesn't attend all events for this exact reason. Didn't hear anything about anything else on the card, must've continued to suck.

Nice to see there is a UFC thread around here. I am a huge fan.

/Subscribed

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a few more days until we see what's up. I love Conor and I'm glad he's training seriously, but I am really afraid of what Nate Diaz and a full training camp are going to accomplish. Interestingly enough, I think no matter the outcome that both men have gained a lot of respect for each other. No matter how they are trying to sell this, it feels like a much more respectful fight. It's nice to see him react to a major loss the opposite of how Ronda did.
    BAD WOLF

I think Conor had a big head and when he was teeing off on Nate's face and not getting anywhere, but instead got it as much as he gave... he knew he wasn't fighting midgets anymore. And for Nate, i don't think that fight did anything, but the way Conor isn't backing down from an ass whoopin' and is eager to get back in there and bang with him, is where he gained respect for Conor.

And yeah, Ronda is bitching out. Amazing what getting your head kicked off can do to your wonder woman persona.

I like Nate in the rematch. Conor's best shot is an early stoppage which isn't likely against Nate considering his history. I think the longer the fight goes, the more the momentum shifts to Nate.