Thread: The UFC Thread

A lot of experts are saying he could be doing something. Need to run a carbon isotope ratio test to confirm. One doctor said that specializes in anti-doping says that the NSAC doesn't know what they are doing. It wasn't just 1 test low, it was 3.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/anti-do...n-jones-sample

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    A lot of experts are saying he could be doing something. Need to run a carbon isotope ratio test to confirm. One doctor said that specializes in anti-doping says that the NSAC doesn't know what they are doing. It wasn't just 1 test low, it was 3.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/anti-do...n-jones-sample
    It was also a urine test, not a blood test, such as those that they give for in-competition tests. Within the next 1-2 weeks there should be a fairly definitive answer to all this speculation. Even the best in sports aren't gods, Floyd Mayweather learned that the hard way.

Very interesting situation. I wonder if they will go after him like they did Chael.

Very interesting situation. I wonder if they will go after him like they did Chael.
    They won't, because they can't.
    According to the rules, he's done nothing wrong.
    The likely culprit is a party in Brazil that went a step or two too far.
    Cerrone vs Bendo, predictions?
    I hope Cerrone smashes him, doubt it though, Judges seem to LOVE Bendo, and he's a lay'n'pray 10th level black belt...

They can go after him. TRT is banned by WADA in or out of competition.

I want Cerrone to win but I think Bendo will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothin wrong with doing some coke on the weekends you aren't working. Right? /shifty eyes.

IN all seriousness though, I don't think cocaine would help a UFC fighter in any way. Not in training, not in a fight. Its illegal though, thats for sure.
    You're a towel.

Didn't Wandi get a lifetime ban for running from an out of competition test?

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    They won't, because they can't.
    According to the rules, he's done nothing wrong.
    Wrong, SO FAR he has done nothing wrong. We still have yet to see the results of his post-fight and pre-fight blood tests. All we have seen so far is a urine test.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Didn't Wandi get a lifetime ban for running from an out of competition test?
    Yeah but Wand physically ran from the back of a building to get out of a test

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Yeah but Wand physically ran from the back of a building to get out of a test
    It's confusing. It seems like they're downplaying the importance of an out of competition test in Jone's case, but apparently it was important enough to necessitate a lifetime ban in Wandi's case. Wandi was hit rather heavy handed with a fine and a lifetime ban, but they're not doing squat about Jones.

I just want consistency.

What Wandi did was crazy though. They've kicked people out of the UFC for less than him.

Starts off right away talking about Jon Jones. Very good podcast so far I've been listening to it this morning.

It's confusing. It seems like they're downplaying the importance of an out of competition test in Jone's case, but apparently it was important enough to necessitate a lifetime ban in Wandi's case. Wandi was hit rather heavy handed with a fine and a lifetime ban, but they're not doing squat about Jones.

I just want consistency.
    You are comparing apples to oranges.

Jones did not run from a drug test.
    Wand ran from a drug test (out the back door of his own gym).

Jones tested positive for a substance that while is banned in competition and illegal under United States law is not banned in out of competition use (Marijuana falls into this category as well, it is only banned in-competition) --as a note I do realize that may be the stupidest rule in the history of sports.
    Wand never took the test....because he ran.

When fighters agree to get their fight license which is required before each fight occurs they appear before the NSAC or whatever governing body is in that state/country (if one exists, if one does not exist the UFC generally does everything in-house in accordance with the NSAC standards). Part of this agreement they sign into is that they can be randomly drug tested out of competition. Jones didn't avoid the drug test, he failed it. Wand totally avoided the drug test.

To people who may mention "oh well X person got X ban/suspension for Marijuana!" - Yes, but that was from a pre or post-fight in-competition blood test, not a pre-fight out of competition test.

I realize these rules may seem ridiculous but technically speaking they have handled it as their guidelines suggest. I imagine in the near future we are going to see Cocaine, Marijuana, and basically every other drug added to the "out of competition" ban list but as of now it isn't.

Also - we still don't know the results of his pre/post-fight blood tests so there is still a chance that he will test positive on that in which case I am fairly certain papa Dana will be taking away Jons belt.

What Wandi did was crazy though. They've kicked people out of the UFC for less than him.

Starts off right away talking about Jon Jones. Very good podcast so far I've been listening to it this morning.
    I like Joe Rogan, the fact that Brian Stann is on there with him makes it just that much more amazing.

Almost every quote in that was taken out of context. It's a banned substance AND it is illegal but it isn't a banned substance out of competition. I agree that the UFC handled this poorly but you can't just show a video where quotes are taken completely out of context when he was talking about UFC fighters getting busted for marijuana in a post-fight blood test.

There are some rumors floating that Jon hid under the cage at Jackson's to get out of a test. But just rumors so far.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    There are some rumors floating that Jon hid under the cage at Jackson's to get out of a test. But just rumors so far.
    Doubt that

Doubt that
    Yeah, and I hate to be the guy to mention unsubstantiated rumors, especially without even a link to someone other than me talking about it, but there was already so much unbelievable shit going on that was actually going on that I felt compelled to share it.

But anyway, it's circling around enough that a couple (1, 2) of photoshops have been made on that specifically (well, I've seen two, others might be around)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yeah, and I hate to be the guy to mention unsubstantiated rumors, especially without even a link to someone other than me talking about it, but there was already so much unbelievable shit going on that was actually going on that I felt compelled to share it.

But anyway, it's circling around enough that a couple (1, 2) of photoshops have been made on that specifically (well, I've seen two, others might be around)
    I realize it's totally off topic (kinda) but I was looking through that photobucket and man are there some amazing gifs in there:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...pssp5ytm3h.gif

Also - Jon Jones CIR test came back clean in regards to the elevated Testosterone levels.
    Last edited by Novx; 2015-01-09 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    Haven't followed the scene for a while. Is BJ penn still competing?

Quote Originally Posted by dangjo View Post
    Haven't followed the scene for a while. Is BJ penn still competing?
    No and thank god he isn't. His last few fights were not fun to watch. It was like watching a bear fight a towel