Thread: The UFC Thread

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Dana white treats the fighters like shit. Punishing woodly because he didn't finish Maia. You get in there and finish him then dana you bald walking penis shaped man
    His response is a direct result of all the fighters acting like they should be paid like Conor McGregor, but not delivering like Conor. Also how many fighters just won't fucking fight, because they are too busy backing out and trashing PPV sales. He has every right to give them all shit to be perfectly honest. I know he's a giant douche, but he's not wrong.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    His response is a direct result of all the fighters acting like they should be paid like Conor McGregor, but not delivering like Conor. Also how many fighters just won't fucking fight, because they are too busy backing out and trashing PPV sales. He has every right to give them all shit to be perfectly honest. I know he's a giant douche, but he's not wrong.
    I'm clearly talking about woodly not fighters dropping out like nunes. He wants the GSP fight and Dana just says nah fuck that you didnt finish off your opponent after he said the winner would get the GSP fight, not if they knocked them out or got a submission. He keeps changing the rules

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm clearly talking about woodly not fighters dropping out like nunes. He wants the GSP fight and Dana just says nah fuck that you didnt finish off your opponent after he said the winner would get the GSP fight, not if they knocked them out or got a submission. He keeps changing the rules
    But that's just the point. Woodley wants 'money fights', but his definition of money fight is that he wants more money to be boring as shit. And not just boring as shit, but clearly held back from really fighting at all in favor of just walking around and not getting taken down. Dana understands that style of fighting, certainly, but if a fighter doesn't make the UFC money then they aren't going to go out of their way to do them any favors.

GSP returning will be a large money draw...but only if he fights someone that is going to try and have a fight, not someone who just stands back trying not to get hit or taken down. You have to think about it like a normal job. Maybe someone delivers 100% perfect work on time, but they never give any ideas, improvements, and generally just don't care about anything. Then you have someone who makes mistakes from time to time, but they have charisma and are on the forefront of bringing new business and revenue. Who do you pay the most? The person who is performing the best holistically. It's no different.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah but if the UFC is a sport then regardless of methods of fighting, someone shouldn't really get penalized for not being flashy. I mean, I guess no one can take his belt away from him but Dana is/was really being a dick.

It really makes the UFC look unorganized and unprofessional.

nah, man. dana's right.

flashy is better, it's more entertaining.

this is essentially bloodsport, i want to see some blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    Have you paid any attention to the UFC? They pay bonuses to flashy fighters... This is par for the course.
    Yeah the flashy guys can get paid more since the business is all on PPV buys, but don't shit talk someone for not trying to go for a quick takedown on a really good opponent who could easily make a comeback if you slip up.

What does it say about a "sport" where the owner/CEO/commissioner trashes the champion who fought well in a championship fight? Wtf is even the point of rules? I wanna see eye gouging and some illegal shit if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    nah, man. dana's right.

flashy is better, it's more entertaining.

this is essentially bloodsport, i want to see some blood.
    Then watch WWE, you will get plenty of "flash"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What does it say about a "sport" where the owner/CEO/commissioner trashes the champion who fought well in a championship fight? Wtf is even the point of rules? I wanna see eye gouging and some illegal shit if that's the case.
    Again, it's a combination of fighters doing this but then blasting the UFC for not paying them more. That's the kicker. If you are a perfect fighter who wins by not engaging, fair enough. You can have a belt, because this is a legitimate sport, but they aren't going to give you more money or try to promote you. Having someone like that as your champion basically kills the division.

And it's not that they aren't flashy in mic PR or outside, but that they don't have a killer instinct int he octagon. To Dana's exact criticism, Woodley looked like he could have one punch manned Maia at any time and instead chose to hang out in the back and stuff takedowns. He probably could have finished the fight at any time, but it would have opened him up to a little risk of getting on the ground. He chose to play it safe. Safe fighters don't make paychecks.

I think Mighty Mouse has a much stronger case of complaint as he does go out and actually fight, it's just that his division is boring as fuck so he can't get PPV sales either. I'm not defending Dana as a person or that it doesn't suck to have your boss publicly humiliate you, but everything he said is true.
    BAD WOLF

Then watch WWE, you will get plenty of "flash"
    yeah, but they aren't really getting hurt.

i want to see guys pound the shit out of each other for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want to see guys pound the shit out of each other for real.
    I hope you mean this figuratively, otherwise you are watching the wrong types of videos >.>
    BAD WOLF

I hope you mean this figuratively, otherwise you are watching the wrong types of videos >.>
    no, i only watch girls do that. if you mean literally.

no, i want teeth flying, broken bones, knock out seizures.

Idk, some superficial people already consider watching the UFC as gay because it's guys with barely any clothes on holding each other for 18-30 mins.

no, i want teeth flying, broken bones, knock out seizures.
    Isn't it amazing that we live in a society where most people are pussies who get offended at literally anything said to them, and yet we still have a sport where we put two human beings into an enclosed space and make them hurt each other?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Isn't it amazing that we live in a society where most people are pussies who get offended at literally anything said to them, and yet we still have a sport where we put two human beings into an enclosed space and make them hurt each other?
    And at the end of it, no matter how much they hated each other when they went in, they usually respect each other when they are done. Almost like we should put politicians in a blood match and hope they can sort their shit out.
    BAD WOLF

And at the end of it, no matter how much they hated each other when they went in, they usually respect each other when they are done. Almost like we should put politicians in a blood match and hope they can sort their shit out.
    oh my god, i'd love to see mitch mcconnell thrown in the octagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Malignaggi has been shit talking Conor after those pics came out and claimed it was a push down in the photo. Welp. Here's the video proof:

https://www.instagram.com/danawhite/?hl=en

McGregor is kicking the shit out of him. Definitely knocked him down, not pushed. I gotta say, if he can land any shots on Mayweather....this could be craaaazy.
    BAD WOLF

Idk what pics you're talking about. If they're nudes, post 'em.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was pictures of McGregor standing over Malignagi after knocking him down. It goes him to straight flee the training camp, then he has continued to try and become relevant again by just lying about everything that happened. Then the video comes out and Conor is actually putting him to work.
    BAD WOLF

Jon Bone Jones fails Drug test from 214....steroids. Oh boy...here we go

Deleted
    Jon Jones fails another drug test. ayyyy

- - - Updated - - -

Jon Bone Jones fails Drug test from 214....steroids. Oh boy...here we go
    'I didn't know there were steroids in my cocaine' -Jon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    'I didn't know there were steroids in my cocaine' -Jon Jones
    Its all just a big misunderstanding, thats all. You'll see, I just hope these senseless accusations stop and someone thinks of the children