Thread: The UFC Thread

Yo there's a good UFC Fight tonight. Someone hit me up with the details of what time it starts, and what channel it'll be on TV (or whether I have to stream it). Idk where these things are going to be on anymore since ESPN/UFC partnered.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prelims are free on ESPN, main event is ESPN+ only. But you know...there will be plenty of other ways to watch it. Reddit is your friend.

- - - Updated - - -

PS, Ireland law doesn't allow names to be released prior to trial, but apparently Conor McGregor went on a coke fueled bender, raped, and beat a woman. News outlets have basically done everything except type his name and it's obvious to anyone, especially people who live in Dublin, that it's him. (Source)

You can find lots of people talking about this on reddit, including videos of him essentially coming in and out of a crack house over the course of days. While it's certainly innocent until proven guilty, sometimes the amount of evidence in public spheres and common sense make me feel we are about to see the end of McGregor. I've been a fan since I saw his first fight, but definitely can't keep overlooking the sheer amount of evidence that his WWE alter ego has become his real self.

What a piece of trash, especially with how gifted he is athletically. For the record, I think the Conor we watched come up through the ranks and destroy everyone would have beaten even Khabib, but he's been a coke monkey, chasing money and sex, for too long now. Hopefully the UFC don't cover up this shit when it comes out and just release him instantly. I also hope he actually gets a good amount of jail time because Irish courts aren't as lenient as the US.
    BAD WOLF

Hmmm ESPN+. Interesting.

And that's a shame about McGregor. I really wanted him to regain a good reputation and actually work hard to get good again, but he didn't.

In similar news, I feel like I saw that Jon Jones had another drug test (maybe from the night of the fight) and it was clean. That picogram never even showed up. I don't have a source, it was some random thing on reddit, but I think it was legit.

Alright I'll turn my TV on for the prelims at 8 and find a stream for the main card at 10.

- - - Updated - - -

This main card has 4 fights + the co main event + Cejudo vs. Dillashaw. I'm liking the direction the UFC is headed, with actually good fight nights with a lot of fights.

And Cowboy Cerrone just fought a good fight in the prelims.

And Dana White just went on air with Stephen A Smith of ESPN to promote ESPN+.

Time to find a stream for the main card.

this how it's gonna be done from now on? the fight nights aren't even free?

if so, they can go kill their selves, no way i'll pay to watch shit on tv.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why ESPN paid the big bucks. Not for PPVs, but to get people to subscribe to their streaming service. Eventually this bubble will burst, but not until Disney gets theirs out too.
    BAD WOLF

Wow that Knee is dangerous as hell...

If Hardy kick him in the face he should win and wont get disqualified I think, kicking at that area is just dangerous man...
    Last edited by PokeKitty; 2019-01-20 at 05:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what happens when you let roid raging convicts fight other people for money. Whether it's intentional or noobtown, people gonna die.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Yeah fuck everyone trying to make money and pay their bills right? As long as you get your entertainment for free.
    oh yes, i'm sure dana white was living paycheck to paycheck. maybe we should start a gofundme?

GO CEJUDO. KNOCK THIS SMUG PRICK OUT.

Although to be honest, TJ going down to 125 is goddamn impressive, and respectable. I actually think TJ's gonna win, handily. Within 3 rounds.

HE DID IT. HE WON IN 30 SECONDS LOL.

Holy fucking shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, I don't think the UFC has a P4P anymore. Just anyone gonna beat anybody depending on the day of the week. But in any case, Dillashaw is a bitch and I love watching him lose. Just sucks it wasn't Cody.Already crying trying to say some dirty stuff happened. Lol.
    BAD WOLF

TJ is mad because he thinks he could've kept going.

Honestly it looked like he could've kept going but he was on the path to losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    TJ is mad because he thinks he could've kept going.

Honestly it looked like he could've kept going but he was on the path to losing.
    On the path to losing doesn't mean losing. We've seen plenty of fighters come back from that. Give him the chance to lose. TJ was hurt, but he wasn't out by any means. He was still making an attempt at protecting himself and moving. Bad stoppage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Is that actually what wrestlemania does? I've never seen one before. 12 hours of fights seems unreal for any sport. How does the crowd sit there all day long?
    Some prelims are at a different show, different venue. But yeah, shows are getting excessively long.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    anyone watching the boxing?

pac man coming out to rocky music, good times
    What boxing? I'll watch, tell me the names.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    On the path to losing doesn't mean losing. We've seen plenty of fighters come back from that. Give him the chance to lose. TJ was hurt, but he wasn't out by any means. He was still making an attempt at protecting himself and moving. Bad stoppage.
    I agree. The fight looked like it could have continued.

The thing about fight stoppages for getting hurt is...these guys are tiny. 125 pounds. There were a flurry of hits, but there wasn't damaging weight behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Goddamn alright I just found a stream for the Pacquio fight. I'll watch it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude this Broner guy's coach looks like he could be on one of those fake reality black TV shows. He's wearing like fresh clothes and the way he talks. LUL.

I'm rooting for Broner.

Broner massively disappointed me. He clinched a lot and barely threw any punches.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking OMEGALUL some guy on Pac's team or a security guy told Broner "you're tough bro" and this mofo has the nerve to get offended and say "I'm more than tough". No way p_ssy, you're not.

- - - Updated - - -

Floyd doesn't look like he wants to fight anymore. Pretty smart move.

^ The stream I was watching cut off after he was talking shit mid interview and I was upset. Ya that shit was hilarious.

Any good boxing matches tomorrow night? There's a UFC Fight Night on ESPN+, but I'll be in FL with grandparents so I won't have a way to watch it.