Thread: The UFC Thread

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It was announced that Khabib's dad has passed away from Covid complications. It's been about 6 weeks since we first heard he was in rough shape. Watching someone that important to you slowly die like that is rough as shit.
    A few years ago I'd celebrate that based on all the shady as shit people he ran with, but he's actually carried himself pretty honorably in recent history...even speaking well of McGregor and inviting him to come visit them in Dagestan. I don't know if growing older changed his outlook, but same as everyone else I'll offer respect and condolences as losing a father, coach, mentor, etc. is devastating.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    A few years ago I'd celebrate that based on all the shady as shit people he ran with, but he's actually carried himself pretty honorably in recent history...even speaking well of McGregor and inviting him to come visit them in Dagestan. I don't know if growing older changed his outlook, but same as everyone else I'll offer respect and condolences as losing a father, coach, mentor, etc. is devastating.
    Not sure his shady shit ever warrants celebrating his death, he was an MMA coach not some mass murdering dictator.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure his shady shit ever warrants celebrating his death, he was an MMA coach not some mass murdering dictator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Not sure his shady shit ever warrants celebrating his death
    ...which is what I already said. #mycommentbutworse
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    ...which is what I already said. #mycommentbutworse
    Except you didn't, as Vegas pointed out. You suggested there was once a time it would have been warranted, I disagreed with that premise.

Your comment but worse would be to say it was still ok to think you could celebrate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Except you didn't, as Vegas pointed out. You suggested there was once a time it would have been warranted, I disagreed with that premise.

Your comment but worse would be to say it was still ok to think you could celebrate it.
    I don't think you know what that phrase means. But yah bro, keep repping those eastern terrorists. There would have been a million reasons to celebrate the death of a terrorist. He's reformed, so my comments are both not what you said at all and also, warranted. Keep try harding kiddos.
    BAD WOLF

Hmm good card tonight and it is actually on my birthday.

Yeah I think UFC is trying to rigg the Rose fight so Rose can go fight Weili...

10+ Year Old Account
    That Yan Aldo fight should've been stopped a minute earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong decision again. Holloway won that fight 3-2

- - - Updated - - -

4 rounds of clinching. That was exciting........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    That Yan Aldo fight should've been stopped a minute earlier.
    Could have been stopped earlier, but I think it was pretty decent stoppage as it left nothing to question. We know Aldo sometimes does that, that he sleeps on getting hit and suddenly bursts to do something. However I think he was vissibly done at end of four, fifth one seemed as a participation round.

Wrong decision again. Holloway won that fight 3-2
    Yeah, totally agree. Holloway got robbed, I mean he dropped him twice in early rounds and without counting those it was a draw at worst in my opinion.

Sure Volkanowski picked up the pace in third, but it was mostly doubled up lead leg slaps with insteps. Whoever did any kickboxing knows they don't hurt, in my gym there is a guy who is great at those and I walked through 5-7 of them just fine, it is a point scoring technique. Then what are we judging? Damage or number of hits? I think Volkanowski looked worse at the end of a fight.

4 rounds of clinching. That was exciting........
    Was expecting slightly more from Masvidal in clinch as he is rather good there, I think he froze a bit as he was afraid of getting taken down. Usman is fantastic at managing risks though, his passing is great. Masvidal looked in a survival mode of old past first round, he was just defending hoping to catch Usman off guard.

3-1 in favor of Max for me, he clearly looked dominant in early rounds.

Maybe they give Volkanowski more scores for those takedowns?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Maybe they give Volkanowski more scores for those takedowns?
    You know what is funny? The judging was so atrocious that one judge even gave fifth round to Max, if it wouldn't be for him it would be UD win for Alex.

Third round was the closest one and they all gave it to Alex. However I have no idea how the first two rounds weren't 10-8 for Max purely thanks to Knockdowns.

I still think Max did more damage and therefore should have won. Apparently getting taken down and being laid upon twice for 2 seconds is worse for your health that having your brain shaken to a point you lose control over your body.

10+ Year Old Account
    The triple header main event looks solid tonight, almost quality of being a UFC numbered event rather than a fight night.

Okay I'll TRY to stay awake to watch it, then.

- - - Updated - - -

My money is on Whittaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Werdum was massively impressive, has to be looking to get into the title picture again, Gustafsson should have stayed retired.

Nogueira is probably also done after this too.

- - - Updated - - -

Till's eye looks absolutely fucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Great fight, right decision. But Till shouldn't be disappointed in his performance, he pretty much was fighting half blind and still landed a series of decent blows.

I'm actually really liking the UFC without crowds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm actually really liking the UFC without crowds.
    There's something twisted yet satisfying in being able to hear each shot cleanly.

Herbert Burns looks like a dumbass. I'm rooting against him. He couldn't take his necklace off and kept dancing like a fool.

- - - Updated - - -

HEHEHE we did it. Pineda beat Burns by TKO.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to root for Rozenstruik but Dos Santos has a certain swag about him that I like.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fucking pulling for DC tonight, man.

- - - Updated - - -

DC still looks fat to me. I'm guessing he conditioned his body better for tonight's fight but to me his age is showing a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    That tension between JDS and Rozenstruik.... who ever landed the first real punch wins.

Thank God the Sugar Show lost. The kid is a more annoying version of McGregor.

Stipe's looking fucking good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stipe doesn't look like a heavyweight. Bet he got more stamina then DC.