Thread: The UFC Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronda is just too good i honestly dont even see cyborg standing a chance who's left for ronda to fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer54 View Post
    Ronda is just too good i honestly dont even see cyborg standing a chance who's left for ronda to fight?
    You are crazy if you think Cyborg doesn't stand a chance. Thats what people were saying before Cyborg fought Gina. If Cyborg stops Ronda's take downs Ronda is in for a world of hurt. People can say Ronda's striking is getting good, but Cyborg is next level. She has power that isn't normal for a female to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    You are crazy if you think Cyborg doesn't stand a chance. Thats what people were saying before Cyborg fought Gina. If Cyborg stops Ronda's take downs Ronda is in for a world of hurt. People can say Ronda's striking is getting good, but Cyborg is next level. She has power that isn't normal for a female to have.
    That's called steroids, and she certainly won't have it at 135.

Regardless, Ronda is better technically than anybody out there, male or female. Her judo is amazing to the point where throwing a punch at her is pretty much offering her a takedown for free.

I'd like to believe at some point she'll go up against men, but I highly doubt she'll ever get the chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I don't think Cyborg can make 135 to fight Rousey. She's the only female I see having a chance.
    Didn't one of her dr.s say 135 wasn't a healthy weight for her?

Regardless of weight, Rousey should have mayweather status by now and should demand her to be steroid tested every day for two months leading up to the fight, if it ever happens.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Didn't one of her dr.s say 135 wasn't a healthy weight for her?

Regardless of weight, Rousey should have mayweather status by now and should demand her to be steroid tested every day for two months leading up to the fight, if it ever happens.
    They didn't say it would be unhealthy, she and her manager (Tito Ortiz) claimed she would die. Not only is that just a bullshit excuse to use considering Mike Dolce, a man famed for being the one of the best if not the best combat sports nutritionist in the world, claimed that after speaking with her and working with her briefly felt she could make the weight with his assistance but also the fact that her manager (or former manager - Tito - I forget if she still employs him) has done nothing but sabotage her career. If Tito kept his hands out of her business she would definitely be in the UFC by now but the first 8 months of their discussions was him furthering his "Fuck the UFC" campaign and it royally screwed her. Ronda doesn't have to move up, there are plenty of other women (including former 145'ers) competing in the WBW division and although Cris is likely the biggest step up in competition I have zero respect for her as an athlete considering she has been caught on 1-2 occasions with steroids in her system. She had her chance and she let Tito lead negotiations...look where she is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much else for Ronda to do in MMA. She's utterly humiliated her division and the women she hasn't fought like Holm and Correia have nothing for her. She'll run through them like everyone else. It's amazing how dominant she is. There are other champs like Aldo and Jones that have cleaned out their divisions but at least they've had wars. You blink and Ronda's fights are over.

There's Cyborg but that may never happen.

Hollywood is calling I guess.

I was really hoping Holm had a better showing last night so at least there would be some hype leading up to Rhonda destroying her too. I think its going to have to be a really good striker with good movement to take Rhonda out. I think a couple shots and get out would work - but expect to be running away from the clinch the entire time. Unfortunately, I don't see any woman even close to that level at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    That's called steroids, and she certainly won't have it at 135.

Regardless, Ronda is better technically than anybody out there, male or female. Her judo is amazing to the point where throwing a punch at her is pretty much offering her a takedown for free.

I'd like to believe at some point she'll go up against men, but I highly doubt she'll ever get the chance.
    Not sure you understand how Judo works, but just throwing a punch will not lead to a takedown. If Ronda manages to turn the strikes into the clinch, yeah there is a chance it could lead to a takedown, but its not for sure.

Also, Ronda is for sure better than Cyborg at Judo, thats no question. But striking wise Cyborg has better boxing, muay thai, and jiujitsu. Hector Lombard has better Judo that Ronda and he's lost before.

It wouldn't be that hard to stop Ronda's take down. Simple movement like TJ Dillashaw, Dom Cruz, or Might mouse use would easily stop it.

Also, the shots Ronda landed to TKO the people she has would not take out Cyborg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure you understand how Judo works, but just throwing a punch will not lead to a takedown. If Ronda manages to turn the strikes into the clinch, yeah there is a chance it could lead to a takedown, but its not for sure.

Also, Ronda is for sure better than Cyborg at Judo, thats no question. But striking wise Cyborg has better boxing, muay thai, and jiujitsu. Hector Lombard has better Judo that Ronda and he's lost before.

It wouldn't be that hard to stop Ronda's take down. Simple movement like TJ Dillashaw, Dom Cruz, or Might mouse use would easily stop it.

Also, the shots Ronda landed to TKO the people she has would not take out Cyborg.
    What about the simple fact that she would probably never agree to the steroid testing *AND* make the weight? :P

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/st...g-steroids-ufc

"the thing is, someone that cheats and makes things easier for themselves is always going to try and make things easier for themselves. That girl needs to learn that you’re not always going to get advantages put in your favor. You need to learn a lesson that you need to do exactly what the other girls do. Stop taking f—ing steroids and make weight.”"

Shots. Fucking. Fired.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because someone doing that in 2011 totally means they're doing it in 2015.

Cyborg was clean for her recent fight, which she dominated, and I seriously don't think she's stupid enough to blow a chance at a dream fight if she can make the weight.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I think you guys underestimate the number of fighters who use or have used peds.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    What about the simple fact that she would probably never agree to the steroid testing *AND* make the weight? :P

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/st...g-steroids-ufc

"the thing is, someone that cheats and makes things easier for themselves is always going to try and make things easier for themselves. That girl needs to learn that you’re not always going to get advantages put in your favor. You need to learn a lesson that you need to do exactly what the other girls do. Stop taking f—ing steroids and make weight.”"

Shots. Fucking. Fired.
    Maybe you don't follow UFC, but the fight last night was one of the first that the State of California did PED drug testing both pre and post fight last night of all fighters including Rousey.

It's a good thing for Rousey that Cyborg got popped, she now has an excuse to not fight her. Anyone remember this? 3:50 in for the relevant part:

Not sure if its been mentioned... But if anyone remembers when the UFC bought Strikeforce, Cyborg was still under contract. Her contract was moved to the UFC where Cyborg "requested" to be release from the promotion. She had her chance years ago, but she asked to be released. Then all the PED/Steroid stuff popped up. Dana will sign her, she just needs to make 135 in any other promotion and complete a fight with no health issues. Her management stated that her doctor explained to them that if she dropped to 135 that it would put her health(life?) at risk and also possibly cause complications with her having children later in life. I find it funny she cares more about what cutting weight does to her body regarding procreation, but doesn't care about what PED/steroids do to it.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    It's a good thing for Rousey that Cyborg got popped, she now has an excuse to not fight her. Anyone remember this? 3:50 in for the relevant part: -snip-
    Dana White and Rousey have both said numerous times that the second that Cyborg can get to 135 pounds they will make that fight but Cyborg refuses. You are acting like there isn't any difference for Rousey if she goes up 10lbs....gaining 10lbs can negatively impact a fighter despite what you may believe. That is why you see fighters change weight classes, if it isn't working for them at 135 they try 145 or 125, do you think that Demitrious Johnson would be nearly as nasty if he had to weigh 10lbs more? So much of his success is due to speed, you lose speed with weight and muscle mass.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Not sure if its been mentioned... But if anyone remembers when the UFC bought Strikeforce, Cyborg was still under contract. Her contract was moved to the UFC where Cyborg "requested" to be release from the promotion. She had her chance years ago, but she asked to be released. Then all the PED/Steroid stuff popped up. Dana will sign her, she just needs to make 135 in any other promotion and complete a fight with no health issues. Her management stated that her doctor explained to them that if she dropped to 135 that it would put her health(life?) at risk and also possibly cause complications with her having children later in life. I find it funny she cares more about what cutting weight does to her body regarding procreation, but doesn't care about what PED/steroids do to it.
    The reason she requested her release is because she was being managed by Tito Ortiz, a man that hates the UFC, and he used her position to basically give a nice big "Fuck you" to the UFC. He fucked her career so hard it is really quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Dana White and Rousey have both said numerous times that the second that Cyborg can get to 135 pounds they will make that fight but Cyborg refuses. You are acting like there isn't any difference for Rousey if she goes up 10lbs....gaining 10lbs can negatively impact a fighter despite what you may believe. That is why you see fighters change weight classes, if it isn't working for them at 135 they try 145 or 125, do you think that Demitrious Johnson would be nearly as nasty if he had to weigh 10lbs more? So much of his success is due to speed, you lose speed with weight and muscle mass.
    Sure. She'll fight Carano at 145, when Carano hasn't had a fight in ages, but not Cyborg.

Sure. She'll fight Carano at 145, when Carano hasn't had a fight in ages, but not Cyborg.
    Where did you see her say she would fight Carano @ 145 recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Where did you see her say she would fight Carano @ 145 recently?
    March of last year.

Cyborg would have to drop the roids and the weight to fight Rousey. So she'll lose her strength advantage that she has over most of the opponents, wont happen.

March of last year.
    Just watched that interview, that is a novelty fight. It's like Couture VS Tony, it wouldn't be for a belt or anything if for whatever reason it came to fruition and would have almost no appeal other than "new guard vs old guard". The Cyborg thing is that if they do a catch at say 140 and Cyborg wins....what happens? There is no 140lb or 145lb division. The Carano bout with be a 1time novelty match, the Cris bout would just throw the entire division into dismay. Also, Ronda actually like Carano, she hates Cris. Cris has been caught on PEDs, Gina hasn't, she isn't going to give Cyborg ANY negotiation power in that bout solely because of that (and she has made that very clear). I'd love to see the fight but Tito Ortiz ruined Cyborgs career, clean and simple.