15+ Year Old Account

Question Racial Abilities and PvP

I feel like these are pretty imbalanced. I mean, for horde, there's a few clear choices for a warrior (Orc/Tauren) but really, you will do fine whatever race you are. However on alliance, its a pretty obvious choice that human is the way to go for Every Man for Himself. Do you guys think they will balance this at all? Or have they said anything about it recently? I would really like to play as a dwarf again >_<

Then play dwarf, its not as if they have a particularly bad racial for pvp. Being able to completely wipe all bleeds, poisons and diseases off of yourself along with taking 10% less damage is pretty nice tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xasi View Post
    Then play dwarf, its not as if they have a particularly bad racial for pvp. Being able to completely wipe all bleeds, poisons and diseases off of yourself along with taking 10% less damage is pretty nice tbh.
    But thats more of a tank racial. Doesn't the human racial give far more damage because of an extra DPS trinket?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    But thats more of a tank racial. Doesn't the human racial give far more damage because of an extra DPS trinket?
    only at low rating BLAD

Deleted
    The human racial is good, yeah, but it's not that much better, if at all, than other races' for certain classes/specs. For example I'd much rather be a dwarf, night elf of even gnome as a priest (unless I had access to Shard of Woe, which I don't); this can go for pretty much every other spec/class, unless you have access to insane PvE trinkets, eg. HC rag agi thing as a hunter/rogue, for example, SoW as any healer, HC capacitator/Theralion's Mirror as a mage/SP, etc, etc. you're likely better off going Dwarf, NE or gnome. The only useless Alliance race is Worgen, even Draenei is somewhat decent.

TLDR: I personally see the Human racial as balanced, right now. Will it remain balanced if trinkets follow the same pattern as last expansion (HC DBW/Bauble/Solce style)? Likely not.

The racials are pretty balanced right now, imo. Certainly in comparison to past iterations they are very well balanced indeed.

And PvP is as much about surviving as it is about doing damage, arguably more. Therefore a "tank racial" or any tank a.k.a. damage mitigation cooldown is great for PvP.

Plus you can use your racial and STILL use your pvp trinket right afterm whereas humans can not. They share the same cooldown.

Deleted
    How did you not mention Blood elfs? An extra interrupt can easily be game changing.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-10-28 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind the trade off for EMFH is an extra minute c/d on the 'trinket'.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    That nerf was undone ages ago. The CD on the Human racial is 2 minutes, just like the actual PvP insignia nowadays.

as a warrior i think dwarf racial can be a good thing. so many times i end up in situation that i kill my targets and then all kind of dots kill me

Deleted
    the human racial scales with gear better than others as the trinkey your using instead of everyman gets better and better. eg the "on use/proc +stre/agi/int gets more and more per season" but stoneform is always and only ever 10%+bleeds.

if your horde and a warrior and NOT undead....ur doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like these are pretty imbalanced. I mean, for horde, there's a few clear choices for a warrior (Orc/Tauren) but really, you will do fine whatever race you are. However on alliance, its a pretty obvious choice that human is the way to go for Every Man for Himself. Do you guys think they will balance this at all? Or have they said anything about it recently? I would really like to play as a dwarf again >_<
    Outside of low level shit (where Human pretty much IS the god race since their trinket is 2 minutes when everyone else's is 5), racial abilities are well-balanced.

Humans get a free trinket. Dwarves get an extra defensive cooldown. Gnomes get Hand of Freedom. Worgen get Sprint, Draenei get a very significant heal over time, and Night Elves... okay, fine, Night Elves get squat, but they're fucking elves so screw them.

Comparatively, I'd say Goblin is the clear winner for every class on Horde - the free mobility afforded by their rocket jump can't be beat, really. That said, you can take any of the other races and still do just fine, because the other four all have competitive racials as well (except poor Undead, who just have to be satisfied with LOOKING the best.)

Oh goody, this thread, again, for the millionth time this week. Seriously, get over it.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Outside of low level shit (where Human pretty much IS the god race since their trinket is 2 minutes when everyone else's is 5), racial abilities are well-balanced.

Humans get a free trinket. Dwarves get an extra defensive cooldown. Gnomes get Hand of Freedom. Worgen get Sprint, Draenei get a very significant heal over time, and Night Elves... okay, fine, Night Elves get squat, but they're fucking elves so screw them.

Comparatively, I'd say Goblin is the clear winner for every class on Horde - the free mobility afforded by their rocket jump can't be beat, really. That said, you can take any of the other races and still do just fine, because the other four all have competitive racials as well (except poor Undead, who just have to be satisfied with LOOKING the best.)
    Nightelfs have an amazing racial and human has a 2 minit TRINKET like the TRINKET has a 2 minit cd

10+ Year Old Account
    These threads arguing over the Human activated racial ability, 'Every Man For Himself' are repetitive. There are plenty of existing threads talking about the racial abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE