Page 1 of 2
LastLast

H RAG 10m - 1 Meteor

some of the dps in my guild under perform on rag and we have gotten 1 meteor once, which shows it can be done but thats with over 2months workin on him 1 attempt we made 1 meteor, is it possible to do it with 2? like how hard would it be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Rag 10m - The strat was always to handle 1 meteor, even on Original H Rag. Never have I seen a 10m guild do 2 meteors (I could be mistaken).

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

10+ Year Old Account
    D'oh sorry I didn't watch 10m videos! Don't hate me I love you <3

I guess you could have a DK solo handle both meteors in Phase 4 while still DPS'ing with the Deathgrip + Glyph.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    D'oh sorry I didn't watch 10m videos! Don't hate me I love you <3

I guess you could have a DK solo handle both meteors in Phase 4 while still DPS'ing with the Deathgrip + Glyph.
    have i missed something?! how does a dk handle both meteors?!

Heroic Rag 10m - The strat was always to handle 1 meteor, even on Original H Rag. Never have I seen a 10m guild do 2 meteors (I could be mistaken).
    No. Pre-nerf it was done with 2 meteors.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    have i missed something?! how does a dk handle both meteors?!
    You use Death Grip to knockback the meteors and use Glyph of Resilient Grip so that your Death Grip cooldown reset every time you use it on a meteor.

Anyway 10m is certainly doable with 2 meteors up. However 1 meteor is obviously a lot easier. It would be rare for a guild to kill it with 2 meteors but just can't do the 1 meteor dps check.

Make sure your DPS aren't concerned with P1-P2.5 DPS... Phase 3 is the only time DPS matters, trinket selection, reforging, and itemization should be done to optimize Phase 3 DPS.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Make sure your DPS aren't concerned with P1-P2.5 DPS... Phase 3 is the only time DPS matters, trinket selection, reforging, and itemization should be done to optimize Phase 3 DPS.
    This basically, try not to pop CD's in end of P2/ transition.

Do you have scions dead in the transition/ last % being cleaved down?

Done a bit of calculations, and with 2 tanks doing 14k dps you can do it with 30k ish dps i think to push it like 0.1 seconds before the 2nd meteor

Oh, also are you pushing before the third set of seeds? If you wait for third seeds, and have Rag hovering ~41%, kill seeds, wait for WIF to begin casting, and push him through, you can get him to ~36% before he submerges.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Deleted
    Unless you have a fucking AMAZING DK in your raid then it's pretty much impossible to kill him with 2 meteors, pushing for 1 is pretty much the only way to do it. What's your dps like? Most of our dps are doing about 40-45k with BL in P3, make sure you tell the raid to save cooldowns for P3. This is also where they should use their second potion.

As the above poster said, do the scions die before P3 starts?
    Also some logs would be nice to see how your dps is.
    If your dps can't push the boss enough, just run more farm raids and gear up, or replace your slack dps.

A DK cannot knockback 2 meteors indefinitely. The meteors give a stacking damage debuff to whoever knocked back the meteor. If you are knockbacking two, you cannot do more than 3x on each without a break.

2 meteors is definitely doable. Remember, the same frost patch can freeze two meteors if you have enough burst damage to burn both down.

Two meteors is much, much harder than doing it with one. It took us about three weeks for our DPS to be able to get down the one meteor push, and they're now able to push it consistently. Our tanks also use strength pots in p3, and our Druid healer does about 2.5k DPS starfire spamming.

Do everything you can to push with one meteor. It makes learning p4 much, much easier.

Deleted
    In case you didn't know, at about 9% in p3 you should kite whatever meteor(s) to the entrance (you can knock them while they're rooted during the transition to p4) and just knock them back towards the entrance until the first breadth is spawned. Also be vocal calling out the second breadth so that whoever is fixated knows to kite the meteor into the breadth and not to knock it.

Who is knocking meteors (it should be healers) for your group?

Deleted
    Basically all that has already been said. Try to do it with just 1 meteor, you only need like 32k dps on 10m compared to 38k dps on 25man. It's really doable, especially with all cooldowns and heroism.

Deleted
    I'm hoping it's practice... because in our case, we are entering phase 4, but we are >>>>>extremely<<<<<< far from doing it with one meteor. It has been only a couple of saves reaching it, but dps goes between 24k-20k in that phase. Horrible. I'm nearing the damage as a expertise/hit capped tank of some dps. Prolly your problem is more or less similar to ours, dps simply are not used to maintain their dps while running from engulfing. I'm thinking of forcing them to practice the rotation on a dummy in SW while running around... Or I may start to drink. Heavily. Because the enguling is not that frequent to be getting such low numbers.

PD: Ragnaros appears with only a 100k left scion. In phase 2 we push him during a engulfing, but of course... the problem is the dps is low whenever engulfing it's out. He goes from 40.5% to.. 39.7% or something like that during the engulfing. /cry
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2011-10-29 at 09:14 PM.

Did 2 metors just the other night due to a DC, so yeah; its possible. Also did it pre-nerf.

1 Meteor is not hard to get to at all though, which makes it a little bit easier. Not much in it from our (My guilds) perspective.

find that hard to believe since we've done 10man N with 3 meteors before (granted that only last like 5 seconds)

15+ Year Old Account
    Me and my guild finaly got rag hc 10 man down on thursday night, we have been making 1 meteor fine but we messed up with the sons and he popped up early during p3 transition and we had 2 meteors and manage to get our first kill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxre4...&feature=feedf

hope that helps, can be done with 2 meteors if you keep calm and deal with them well...we almost called that a wipe but decided to carry on for practice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leprocy View Post
    find that hard to believe since we've done 10man N with 3 meteors before (granted that only last like 5 seconds)
    so you're comparing getting 3 meteors on normal to having more than 1 meteor in 10man on heroic? there's this extra phase on heroic in case you hadn't heard.

Deleted
    To be fairly honest. On our first kill we fucked up on the Transition and killed the Son of Flame too soon. In the end we did it anyways. Bear in mind that we always got to phase 4 with about 15-10 seconds left on the timer for the second meteor.

2 meteors isn't impossible if your players aren't idiots.

---------- Post added 2011-10-29 at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zanez View Post
    Me and my guild finaly got rag hc 10 man down on thursday night, we have been making 1 meteor fine but we messed up with the sons and he popped up early during p3 transition and we had 2 meteors and manage to get our first kill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxre4...&feature=feedf

hope that helps, can be done with 2 meteors if you keep calm and deal with them well...we almost called that a wipe but decided to carry on for practice
    Yep, I'm the silly chicken in that video.

---------- Post added 2011-10-29 at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vand3tz View Post
    Unless you have a fucking AMAZING DK in your raid then it's pretty much impossible to kill him with 2 meteors, pushing for 1 is pretty much the only way to do it. What's your dps like? Most of our dps are doing about 40-45k with BL in P3, make sure you tell the raid to save cooldowns for P3. This is also where they should use their second potion.

As the above poster said, do the scions die before P3 starts?
    Also some logs would be nice to see how your dps is.
    If your dps can't push the boss enough, just run more farm raids and gear up, or replace your slack dps.
    Wrong, we did it on thursday with 2 meteors, and funny thing is, we don't have a DK in the raid. It was mainly due a fuck up in the phase transition, but 2 meteors is pretty much possible and easy if you can keep your head cool.