Thread: Prot WoG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
    Seal of Insight heals aswell, but no one would use it when Seal of Truth is that much better.
    You'd give up about the same damage using SoI over SoT, vs using WoG over ShoR every time. The reason why SoI is shit is because you don't get to choose to do damage when you don't need the health, and because small amounts of constant healing are far less helpful than large amounts of on demand healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathaly View Post
    And As well always try to use your WoG when you're above 95% Healthpoints in order to get the absorb from the talent Guarded By light.
    Sadly it has not done that for a while. A little while after they implemented the CD on WOG they took the absorb effect off of the guarded by the light talent then stated with the new CD you wouldn't be overhealing yourself as much thus it would be wasted.

That ^ is one of those times I really wish they had simply changed it to provide an absorb effect equal to a % of any healing WOG did when used on self. This would have given the spec a bit more proactive damage prevention which could be used strategically rather then always being in the reactionary role.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    Sadly it has not done that for a while. A little while after they implemented the CD on WOG they took the absorb effect off of the guarded by the light talent then stated with the new CD you wouldn't be overhealing yourself as much thus it would be wasted.

That ^ is one of those times I really wish they had simply changed it to provide an absorb effect equal to a % of any healing WOG did when used on self. This would have given the spec a bit more proactive damage prevention which could be used strategically rather then always being in the reactionary role.
    The absorb is there only if you get Rank 2 of Guarded by the Light.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=85646

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    It still procs the overheal shield, but only if you have 2 points in it.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Increases survivability when threat is not an issue. Really the best way to look at it. Isn't really useless at all unless you constantly use it at the least appropriate points in a fight where nothing is happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally I love it :P I tend to use it every CD while progression tanking (I mean hell, it's not like we need to worry about threat ) and checking logs after raid I've seen Gbtl doing some crazy absorbs, depending on boss/rng I've had upwards of 5/600k absorbs, not to shabby, considering that's as well as the healing

although I would LOVE them to change GbtL to a % of all heals, not just 100% overheal.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    The guy is right about vengeance, the higher your vengeance the higher your attackpower and attackpower = spellpower. If you want your vengeance higher then it is get more hp.
    Can anyone verify that attack power affects the spell power?

I know about this: Touched by the Light
    However, that says strength, not attack power.

There's no doubt that wings helps, but vengeance/attack power?

I think that the confusion here may be that Word of Glory itself apparently has an attack power coefficient, so vengeance will affect WoG, but it's not because vengeance increases your spell power.

Quote Originally Posted by tyggyr View Post
    Can anyone verify that attack power affects the spell power?

I know about this: Touched by the Light
    However, that says strength, not attack power.

There's no doubt that wings helps, but vengeance/attack power?

I think that the confusion here may be that Word of Glory itself apparently has an attack power coefficient, so vengeance will affect WoG, but it's not because vengeance increases your spell power.
    ya nvm i was wrong, thought it was attack power and not strength

10+ Year Old Account
    Useless is pretty harsh. WoG may not heal for tons, but it's still a steady source of self-healing every 20s. I mean, what else are you going to spend those 3 HP on — Threat generation? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Haha. Ha.

I guess you could argue 1 less Inq / ShR every ~20s is a steady personal DPS loss, which could matter on tight kills. But pragmatically speaking, WoG scales pretty well with gear increases and functions as Paladin's sort of ghetto Rune Tap.

Like Rune Tap, it's not some amazing Desperate Prayer-style self-nuke that's going to save you from impending doom. But it does add survivability at very little cost to anything important, and everything adds up. I keep it on cooldown when Pally tanking, using it like Rune Tap — any time I drop below a certain %, to help out heals a bit.

With Wings up, and full Veng. I regularly crit heal myself for 75-90k.

I still love my WoG, even though you can't spam it anymore. It has saved my life several time, and it's a nice free heal to have on bosses like shannox zerg mode, rag hc p2 running etc. I also like to use a 3 hp WoG right before I climb up on Beth hc,to gain the absorb effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliers View Post
    WoG is arguably worse for rets because it comes at a large dps cost, and a global, and you are unlikely to be bursted down before the passive healing of the other abilities can take place. It's a completely different argument.
    I've been using it in AoE situations on a raid member to net the 12% damage buff. Seems more useful through its lifetime on all those targets than a single TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    It still procs the overheal shield, but only if you have 2 points in it.
    This is what I miss most about wog, from a pure rbg perspective though. I went from a 2500 rbg fc to not even bothering after they put that cd in

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    With just that one small change (20sec in WoG), PvP Prot died. As an FC, we just cannot counter everything that can be done to us by the opposition, yet WoG on demand helped to offset a lot of incoming damage. These days I have to run with 2-3 healers, just to survive, that's with 4.5k resil. Oh well.

SJ