Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    what if they were both fighting in space?

then all bets are off, but for earth, I'm going with polar bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    Not that I consider myself some kind of bear-expert, I had always heard the Kodiak Bear or Grizzly were in fact the most dangerous ones of the bear family. *shrug* I also heard that eons ago, so maybe science found out something in the years since.

That aside, I've got to vote Polar Bear > Tiger,
    \

Kodiak are larger, bulkier and more aggressive if I recall correctly.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    \

Polar bears are the largest bears on the planet.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/bear.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    \

I read that large specimens of Kodiak can rival average Polar Bears iirc but if you put two average ones together the Polar Bear's "stats" would be larger. I don't know anything about there behavior though and aggression can be a boon occasionally!
    Shadows are cruel.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    While Siberian tigers are badass, a polar bear just has way to much strength and protection. A tiger needs that killing bite on the neck to do its work which is incredibly hard against a bear.
    I remember seeing somewhere that people used to fight lions and grizzly's and bet on the outcome, the lion did not win a single fight it just had its skull crushed before it could touch the bears neck. I would be surprised if the tiger won even a single fight in a hundred.

The tigers are sneaky type of animals. They attack if they have an advantage. I doubt that any tiger would attack a bear unless it has no choice. In a direct confrontation the tiger is likely to escape.

Deleted
    polar bear the whole way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Polar bears aren't the largest land predator for nothing

The only non-human terrestrial animals which could handle a polar bear would probably be elephants and rhinos.
    agree with this, polar bears are amazing, super thick skin, as well as a nice big fat layer, tiger might make it bleed a bit but good luck going for the throat when that puts the tigers whole body in swipe range.

all of the ribs of the tiger broken in one shot. all the polar bear would be thinking is "its a little harder to breathe than normal" well if they thought XD

for the elephants and rhino's... elephant definitely rhino would have to get a lucky shot, if they went to each other head on rhino could do some serious damage in a charge... but if the bear saw him first and charged in from the side...

the elephant would be like.... wtf is this thing...stomp, would be over quick.

tigers are colorblind though don't think bears are, so no matter where they fight (jungle or a monochromatic setting) bear would have an advantage being able to see the tiger.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tiger

rudy rudy rudy!!!
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually. There was a scientific simulation of this. The Polar Bear won.
    The only simulation i can find atm is Tiger vs. Brown Bear... Brown Bear still wins, and the Polar bear is larger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfjM...eature=related

There ya go.
    As stated above, the fur and fat make the bear too hard to swipe. Doing little or no damage to the bear. The bear however uses brute strength to crush bones.

Another thing is that if the bear gets hurt during the fight, it will likely get even angrier and kill the tiger faster.

Quote Originally Posted by schweinsteiger View Post
    Siberian tigers can kill any bear out there. Except bear Grylls.

but yeah siberian tigers are badass
    pretty sure polar bears are the largest land carnivore though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    pretty sure polar bears are the largest land carnivore though.

It depends on how they quantify "largest".

The Kodiak is taller on all fours, while the polar bear is longer nose to tail. They are similar in weight. The Kodiak is thicker and also has a larger head. So its really a toss up.

Kodiak vs Polar Bear would be a draw. Understand though, both bears stand over 9 ft tall on their hind legs and have paws the size of dinner plates.

An elephant can take either and also can take a hippo. A rhino, however, can take an elephant.

Rhinos are the baddest m-effers on the planet.

(All of this is considering we are talking the finest specimen of each.)
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Pandaren by kung fu.

Deleted
    polar bear for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarjack View Post
    An elephant can take either and also can take a hippo. A rhino, however, can take an elephant.
    I seriously doubt that. The biggest recorded elephant had a weight of about 11 000kg while a big rhino is like 2000 kg.
    Maybe it could take a small elephant if it attacks it by surprise.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-10-29 at 02:01 AM.

Deleted
    Haha. I love it, this is such a classic guy discussion for a Friday night.

Polar Bear would easily win though, should pick closer animals.

I'm gonna put my money on the Badger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarjack View Post
    It depends on how they quantify "largest".

The Kodiak is taller on all fours, while the polar bear is longer nose to tail. They are similar in weight. The Kodiak is thicker and also has a larger head. So its really a toss up.

Kodiak vs Polar Bear would be a draw. Understand though, both bears stand over 9 ft tall on their hind legs and have paws the size of dinner plates.

Rhinos are the baddest m-effers on the planet.

(All of this is considering we are talking the finest specimen of each.)
    $%&# please
    "The Kodiak is taller on all fours, while the polar bear is longer nose to tail. They are similar in weight. The Kodiak is thicker and also has a larger head. So its really a toss up."
    - untrue, even a quick standford search and you failed.
    "All of this is considering we are talking the finest specimen of each"
    - More fail with largest specimins recorded.

So basicly ur making shit up well...
    Congratz you sir are origninal!
    Last edited by kumduh; 2011-10-29 at 02:03 AM.