will my PC cruise on BF3 MP?

I have concerns about my build... here it is:

- Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V version 2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply
    - Acer P215HBbd Black 21.5" Full HD WideScreen LCD Monitor
    - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
    - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    - ASUS ENGTX560 DCII OC/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    - GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

Just want to know if I overclock my CPU will be able to run ultra on MP in BF3 or do I simply just need a new GPU or do crossfire? Also, should I get an aftermnarket CPU cooler or is the stock one good?

GPU intensive game.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    An aftermarket cooler is only designed if you're overclocking or want something quieter or even just cooler temps. The stock one does it's job just fine if you don't mind higher temps (perfectly reasonable) and louder noise.

The system overall should handle it pretty well, provided you don't go crazy on texture settings and Antialiasing. If you wanted to up settings, you'd need to either SLI your 560, or get something like a GTX580. The game is very well optimised, so i wouldn't fret too much.
    Well, cooler temps means my hardware will last longer right?

Deleted
    Just so you know lots of people are having issues with the game, particularly running 560s

A friend has one and all game modes crash within 10 minutes. He has done a lot of troubleshooting and found many people with the same card are having exactly the same issues.

That said I would imagine it is something that will be resolved in the first major patch.

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Just so you know lots of people are having issues with the game, particularly running 560s

A friend has one and all game modes crash within 10 minutes. He has done a lot of troubleshooting and found many people with the same card are having exactly the same issues.

That said I would imagine it is something that will be resolved in the first major patch.
    Yea, I heard about that. I thought that was for the Ti only, though?

You'll be fine.. should have good settings too, but definitely not maxed.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had two graphics-related crashes, I suspect it has something to do with overclocks (using latest WHQL drivers).
    Although they are nowhere near as annoying as becoming STUCK behind/around someone nearby (campaign). Game is definitely still not bug-free but DICE are working pretty damn fast to get stuff sorted.
    AMD and nVidia are also spitting out drivers like a...thing...that spits drivers... : /
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Your GPU is a bit low end for BF3 but should be ok on medium to high. Maybe try SLi with another 560 and you will be running nearer to max settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    Your GPU is a bit low end for BF3 but should be ok on medium to high. Maybe try SLi with another 560 and you will be running nearer to max settings.
    If you were running the game maxed out on 2xGTX560Ti, you would still have low fps dips due to the fact that they only have 1GB of VRAM.

I would recommend a 6970 or GTX570 if you want to max out BF3 without having to dish out $500+.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account
    MSI has a GTX560ti model with 2GB VRAM.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...%20GTX%20560ti
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    Experienced an odd thing myself today though.

Im on a i5 2500k (manually clocked to 4.5/ GTX 560 TI (stocksettings , if u got a proper guide to oc plz pm), never experienced any problems in other games and prime95 until I started to play BF3 multiplayer.

It would run a steady 50 to 60 fps driving around etc but after a while I got random hickups which in the end made it unplayable. Tried a shitload of options ingame even setting it to medium etc with no effect at all.

Loaded optimized settings in bios and ran game again and its flawless now.. So..Bad overclock which i highly doubt since multiple stresstest and hours of gamingsessions never led to any problems or something obvious im missing here?

Just wondering if other people had same issue or not.

If to much offtopic ill make my own post towards this (up to moderators)

Deleted
    It runs somewhat smooth on my Q9650 / 285GTX... so you will most likely be able to play, yes.

However, after reading the End User License Agreement ive decided to return my game to the Shop.

I am not willing to support this Trojan called "Origin"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    It runs somewhat smooth on my Q9650 / 285GTX... so you will most likely be able to play, yes.

However, after reading the End User License Agreement ive decided to return my game to the Shop.

I am not willing to support this Trojan called "Origin"
    How is it a trojan?

Deleted
    Wonder if its much more demanding than single player? Running it pretty much flawlessly on i5k and 6870 on ultra, even on single card test setup.

Doubt i have any probs running it but just wondering.