Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Blizzard don't want a system where we can kick scrubs because the game is being built around them
    If you're calling people scrubs, it's YOU who should not be in the LFR system. Go run a normal or heroic raid and stop complaining about LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    The fact that Blizzard made LFR for ONLY 25 man brings their stupidity to a whole new level. Seriously, LFR should be 10 man ONLY. Trying to organize 25 RANDOM people and keep everyone there (afk, d/cs, people kicked, etc, etc) and ON TASK will be impossible. You have better luck of winning the lottery then downing a whole raid with LFR in its current form. If they don't make it 10 man only, or at least give the 10 man as an option, they I will have finally lost all faith in Blizzard's competence (and my faith in them has been slipping A LOT since Cata was launched).
    Nice, you're assuming someone is stupid when you actually didn't read their thoughts on why it's going to be 25 man. They stated at Blizzcon that que's would be so long if they did 10 man, that it would be stupid to even try to pug it.

But go ahead, lose your confidence in Blizzard, they're losing a top player with you.

Can you tell my sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Entbark View Post
    If you're calling people scrubs, it's YOU who should not be in the LFR system. Go run a normal or heroic raid and stop complaining about LFR.
    lawl, funny, but still part of the issue. when will scrubs know that they're scrubs without someone to tell them. i just left a ZA (prot pally) with a group that noone pulled over 6k but myself. i let them know before i left

Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Sarcastic View Post
    Kicking for fun, not so much, but I fully expect to see large numbers of people kicked for being low on dps meters, even though bosses are still going down, because people are assholes.
    If people's dps is low, even if the boss goes down, why would you want to share gear with them?

Otherwise you could just join LFR, autoattack do terrible dmg and let others carry you.

DPS well or be kicked. I like it.

How about a new style of ready check combined with kick? Perform a check and if the player doesn't respond, they get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
    I can see the language-issues being a huge barrier indeed. There are bound to be people that don't speak a word of english and they queue up regardless. Even better if a bunch of friends/guildies queue up together with a bunch of randoms and just go on in their own language ignoring the rest. And imagine them being bad players, or not having a clue what to do and don't understand instructions, better yet! It's happening in LFD, bareable, but in a 25 man raid...can't imagine how fun that will be.
    Russian realms wont be in the same realmpool as english speaking reams, so we dont have to worry about that.

as much as I hate 10 mans I would have rather seen them go that route with this as 25 random people will just drastically increase the chance you will get a troll and also just reduce the success rate no matter how easy the content may be. I really have no intentions on using this personally even on undergeared alts cause i just don't see them finding a way to make it work.

There isn't a 10-man LFR version?

Christ Almighty can't save us now. 25 man LFR is going to be trying to organized what 40 man raids used to be. Havoc everywhere.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think blizzard wanted 25 man LFR to work like BH which is quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I think blizzard wanted 25 man LFR to work like BH which is quick and easy.
    And it will, the fights will be easier then normal and once people get used to the idea/system it will work fine.
    And LFR will have a ilvl365 req for the first raid part, prolly 375+ for the second so its not asif people are jumping straight from lvling to 85 into LFR.

It will be fine, people complain to much about stuff they THINK will fail and threatening to quit if it isnt changed.
    By all means quit, no-one will miss you.Your not the special snowflake you think you are, sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Russian realms wont be in the same realmpool as english speaking reams, so we dont have to worry about that.
    Ever heard of Europe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
    Ever heard of Europe?
    Didn't they do "The Final Countdown"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Didn't they do "The Final Countdown"?
    I bet that song would be a perfect theme-song to play looped in the LFR raids.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    Well, people will take PTR raiding much less seriously, so that's part of the problem.

If it really is an issue, maybe they could add a "kick all d/c players" vote?
    I think that would be the best thing for them to do. Make it to where it didn't have a cooldown so people don't have the raid ruined by one or two jerks who ninja dc.

I would have rather seen them go that route with this as 25 random people will just drastically increase the chance you will get a troll and also just reduce the success rate no matter how easy the content may be
    people cant even do 5 man heroics sucessfully in a lfg pug,i dont think it matters how many people the lfr is gonna be to be honest.but whatever,ive already said that anyone whos gonna be seriously using the raid finder and not just queueing up dicking around on alts or whatever are gonna be disapointed fairly fast

Even in general on the PTR you get people who just want to troll or screw around. I tried to do a 10M DS last night, explicitly stating it was to see the raid, see the new bosses so we are prepared for live (i.e. don't expect to come here and steamroll everything - I planned to wipe a handful of times on each boss as we learned). Raid barely got off the ground because people kept ninja logging, dropping group, going AFK, etc. It's like half the people on the PTR just go there because they consider it like a private WoW server where you can get a max level toon and go "pwn things", instead of going there to test content and give feedback which is what you're meant to be doing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The votekick system has always sucked and prolly will always suck in any LFG pug. Maybe there should be like a "make your case" future where the person that is about to be kicked has one last message they can say to the group then the group votes again on it? I'd do that and remove all time/other restrictions on initiating or casting votes to kick someone.

Deleted
    As I already posted on WoW forums, IMHO the fundamental problem is that 25-man is too big and it's too hard to keep track of your fellow raid members.

I think 10-man with fights changed to require only one tank is the way to go.

blizzard needs to do something to make sure people in pvp gear cant do LFR cause 10 people i did raid with on the ptr was in fucking pvp gear

Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    Well the LFR statement in the patch notes/Q and A was silly:

"We came up with the raid finder because we saw Random Dungeon was such a success!"

*fryface* It baffled me that they called it a 'success'.

It makes it strange given Blizz even has a track record of cancelling features even if they might ruin the game for a 5% minority. For example roughly last year they found a different way that made servers work and it lowered lag by a ton, but 1% just kept DC-ing or lagging harder so they reverted the change because of that.

Yep people get their groups... at the cost of a plethora of other problems, and I'd say more than 20% don't like the Dungeon Finder at all. With some couple of million ppl community it's a pretty big number.

What's worse is Dungeon Finder's become malignant and removing it would cause further pain like cutting off an arm.

Well I'm hoping Raid Finder doesn't come through as a mandatory stage in gearing for actual raids
    I don't think its meant to be. It's supposed to be an optional stage, like ZA/ZG currently is (gearing wise).

I do fear from this feature as well. However, I hope the amount of D/Cs goes down when it hits live. From my experiences from the PTR, it's full of D/Cing. The jerkwads on the other hand...