Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

How good are warlocks at solo'ing?

Hello,

I've recently begun leveling a warlock and I'm quite enjoying the class! But I was wondering how good they'll do at solo'ing old content or to what extent they'll be able to decently solo it.
    I love achievements and I'm planning on solo'ing pretty much all the old content I can with my warlock. But I don't really know how well they will do. This is also for the upcoming patch, for the older sets.

Anyone who can tell me this?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tageri View Post
    Hello,

I've recently begun leveling a warlock and I'm quite enjoying the class! But I was wondering how good they'll do at solo'ing old content or to what extent they'll be able to decently solo it.
    I love achievements and I'm planning on solo'ing pretty much all the old content I can with my warlock. But I don't really know how well they will do. This is also for the upcoming patch, for the older sets.

Cheers
    You have a pockettank( altho to be fair it can be a pain to not steal it's aggro ) and you can heal both yourself and your pockettank for quite reasonable amounts. I'd say that's all you really need to know.

I only have a lvl 78 warlock, so I don't know about 85, but pets are really easy to steal aggro from (even as demo). Also many vanilla encounters have a lot of nasty/annoying silence effects that shuts down all your abilities. If you want a pet class for soloing, hunter is IMO much better. You can misdirect to it, you can feign death and the damage is physical. As for soloing in general, prot pala and especially blood dks are known as best solo'ers in the game.

warlocks are pretty good at soloing . hunters and DKs are better though .

10+ Year Old Account
    We are one of the best but not great, try doing the legendary quest without reading a guide and a buggy pet, thats tough

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tageri View Post
    Hello,

Cheers
    All level 60 raids apart from whose aren't able to do due to Mechanics (C'Thun and first 2 bosses of Blackwing Lair) are soloable.

All of Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon, Hyjal and Tempest Keep are soloable. Some of SSC/BT/Sunwell is soloable.

Part of Naxxramas is soloable, all level 80 HCs, OS and I THINK Malygos is soloable. Part of Ulduar is I think as is part of ICC. I think that is everything/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    All level 60 raids apart from whose aren't able to do due to Mechanics (C'Thun and first 2 bosses of Blackwing Lair) are soloable.

All of Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon, Hyjal and Tempest Keep are soloable. Some of SSC/BT/Sunwell is soloable.

Part of Naxxramas is soloable, all level 80 HCs, OS and I THINK Malygos is soloable. Part of Ulduar is I think as is part of ICC. I think that is everything/
    All of Naxxramas, Sartharion 3D, Malygos, and some bosses in Ulduar are soloable. Also all of BWL and SSC.

The voidwalker is a great tank (lot of hp, can reach 200k buffed, 250k+ with Demonic Empowerment), and with good usage of Demon Soul, Metamorphosis and Soulshatter you shouldn't have some aggro issues.

BWL the first boss is kinda hard to solo I thought, guess ill have to look up a video.
    Captain of the Rarity's Perfection Order Celestia will go down like the Tyrant she is. Vote Rarity for Princess

Sig and avatar By Anakonda

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    All of Naxxramas, Sartharion 3D, Malygos, and some bosses in Ulduar are soloable. Also all of BWL and SSC.

The voidwalker is a great tank (lot of hp, can reach 200k buffed, 250k+ with Demonic Empowerment), and with good usage of Demon Soul, Metamorphosis and Soulshatter you shouldn't have some aggro issues.
    I thought some of Naxx was limited due to mechanics? And is the second boss of BWL able to be nuked quick enough nowadays?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
    BWL the first boss is kinda hard to solo I thought, guess ill have to look up a video.
    He is impossible if you dont abuse mechanics. Only class that have legit solo him is a druid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    I thought some of Naxx was limited due to mechanics? And is the second boss of BWL able to be nuked quick enough nowadays?
    Nope, check my channel, I've done them all

For Vaelastrasz you have 36s before Burning Adrenaline kills you, so you need something like 28k dps, quite accessible nowadays, even without casting fire spells.

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    He is impossible if you dont abuse mechanics. Only class that have legit solo him is a druid.
    Yeah you need to be a goblin/engineer to evade bug him, so probably not legit indeed.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2011-10-29 at 02:53 PM.

They fixed that bug a while ago. BWL is impossible.

BWL is possible, there are plenty of recent youtube videos. They fixed the old bug but i'll be damned if people don't keep coming up with new ways.