Poll: How to split you Keybinds between High button mouse and keyboard.

buttons buttons so many buttons. [Naga]

Just got a Razor Naga Molten. Prior mouse was a logi MX500.

Question one. buttons 8-12 are pretty hard to reach also the the 2 buttons stacked on the left part of the left click button are strange to operate. I'm not sure if it is just going to take time to get used to it or if it is poor design. any input on this?

Also I currently have most of my keys around wasd bound and like using them. In theory I could bind every action to the thumb buttons on the mouse and have tried this on my hunter. My thinking currently is that I should not use buttons 6-12 as they are to funky to press rpidly while keeping a firm grip and soild control on the very sensitive mouse.

In short what has everyone found to the best solution when going from a mostly Keyboard key bind set up to a mouse with a high amount of buttons.

Best use I can think of for those Naga mice are binding a bunch of mouseover macros. Blind, kick, gouge, shadowstep, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a razer naga myself, only keys I havent bound are 7 and 9 for some reason.
    I cant remember 100%, but I think I just bound the bottom left bar to my mouse. Have it on the Num setting

So the main bar I have 1-0 as normal, just that I have replaced 6-0 with easier to reach letter keys instead. Also a bunch of modifiers on main bar, so i just use that and the bottom left that I assigned to the mouse.

Well I click (gasp!) some things I hardly use but are conveniant have on a bar instead of going to spellbook or into bags.

The bottom half of the naga is very awkward to use at first and takes a while to get used to but give it a week or two of practice and it becomes second nature. I used bartender to set up a 3x4 grid that visually represents the numpad on the naga and it helped a lot, compined with the training sticker things. When it comes to binding, I'd do whatever is most comfortable once you're familiar with the mouse. I have my "main" rotation spells that I spam the most on the keyboard because that's what I was used to after years of playing. I keep my cooldowns and less frequently used buttons on the mouse.

You used bartender? the naga has a much better addon for wow if you go to there site. it looks like Razer stole most the the features from bartender but it made some improvement as well.

thanks for your input though. I was thinking the same thing with doing main rotations on KB and CD on mouse.

Well, Naga does have a learning curve. Once you get used to it, it'll prove to be a worthy investment, though, give it some time. Also, like someone said, mouseover cc macros are great to be used with the Naga buttons.

Deleted
    I have a razer naga myself and I'd say just get used to the buttons and you can handle the 12 side buttons with ease, the other two are not worth taking though, I bind some excess spells to Q, E, R and so forth, the ones close to the WASD keys.
    F1-F6 is used for long cd's.

Quote Originally Posted by 8700kasper View Post
    I have a razer naga myself and I'd say just get used to the buttons and you can handle the 12 side buttons with ease, the other two are not worth taking though, I bind some excess spells to Q, E, R and so forth, the ones close to the WASD keys.
    F1-F6 is used for long cd's.
    I use the two on the left mouse button for vent/mount.

And when I got my naga a few months ago the naga addon that they published was absolute garbage. If it changed that's worth looking into then.