Bandwidth splitting?

Hello everyone,

I share a household with 2 others - all of which have hard-wired internet connections to our desktop PCs. We share a 25MB connection, and I'm wondering if there's any way to split the amount of bandwidth evenly between the three of us?

One of my roommate likes to "download" files all the time, resulting in me having 5-600 ping in WoW. I'd like to split it up a bit, lol

-=EDIT=-

I have a Linksys router and a Comcast ubee D3.0 modem.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can check and see if your Router has any QoS (Quality of Service) features. Otherwise buy one that does.

You should be able to create profiles etc... based on times, MAC Address' etc for priorities on certain ports, timeshares, bandwidth etc...

Otherwise, you could ask him to throttle his torrent program, at least while you're playing WoW.

tell him torrenting is for doing while everyone is at school/work. If anybody else is home, he shouldn't do it.

I download stuff overnight so it doesn't bother my roommate who still plays WoW.
    Make your roommate(s) be considerate. Even downloads at a limited speed will usually increase ping time by a lot.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more Uploads that are the killer for games like WoW.... Your download can usually handle it... Make sure he throttles his upload to say 10k

10+ Year Old Account
    A router with QOS control is your only option.