Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    T2: The Arcade Game
    A coin eating arcade rail shooter transferred to a console where you couldn't put in more quarters. Just getting past the 3rd level is an achievement but beating it normally is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    I forgot about QWOP! I've only gotten to the finish once, and it was purely luck. Their other game (GIRP) is easier than QWOP, but also pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by codsafish View Post
    True hard games don't have a difficultly setting.

Demon Souls and Dark Souls are perfect examples.
    This is what i was going to say. So I'll just quote him.

That and Ikaruga. Eff you racist pellets.

Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja

You know, for a kitten that shits rainbows, you seem to like to stay inside the box.

Deleted
    One of the drift tracks on Need for Speed Underground 2 on NORMAL. Took me 62 minutes to complete it (to beat the nr1), 62 minutes on a drift track that was pretty early in the game and it was on normal!

And yeah, Worlds hardest game ofc, I always give up..

Deleted
    Vietcong on Vietnam difficulty. Saving quicksave for a while, see flash in some random bush, dead. Limited saves, limited healing and quite high difficulty made it real pain.
    Also remember Betrayal at Krondor?

ninja gaiden 2 master ninja mode. found that way more difficult than god of wars or devil may crys on their respective hardest settings
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Deleted
    Also remember Betrayal at Krondor?
    The book was better :/

Deleted
    Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors - The Impossible Level

I just couldn't help but think of this when I saw the topic Almost as hard as minesweeper.

Superman on the N-64. Don't even argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    God of War 2, Titan (Hardest ) difficulty.
    me too , GoW is by far the most epic and also the hardest game i have played so far.

i have to admit god of war 2 is harder generally speaking since the 'trash' packs 'n all that shizzle is fking BRUTAL on titan (those constant-spawning trash packs before the fat sister of fate (loom room or something)made me throw away my fking controller!)
    BUT i needed alot more time to finnish GOW1 just because of the ares battle,(yea i'm talking to you , clones & that f*cking one shot ability in Phase 3) cause in all fairness, god of war 1 is pretty much easier than nr.2 cause of the overpowered combo's u could do)

PS: havent' played GOW3, since i don't own a PS3, still damn pissed about that

Quote Originally Posted by codsafish View Post
    True hard games don't have a difficultly setting.

Demon Souls and Dark Souls are perfect examples.
    How is it a true hard game?
    Both those games weren't even that hard. The games were just punishing when you died. I had a harder time on GoW 3 Normal than Demon Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    ninja gaiden 2 master ninja mode. found that way more difficult than god of wars or devil may crys on their respective hardest settings
    hehe reminds of me a friend playing ninja gaiden , always told me he both loved and cursed that game cause of it's difficulty

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as NES games go I never thought Ninja Gaiden or the Mega Man games were that bad. Contra was a little difficult but after memorizing a lot of the stuff its not to bad. Battle Toads was only really frustrating for the infamous hover bike parts. Battle Toads on Game Boy has in my opinion a much more annoying vehicle segment to it.

However the one game on NES that I think is personally the hardest for me is Kid Icarus. Its like a fusion of Mario and Metroid with expensive as hell items to buy that you can only get by grinding on enemies, some tricky platforming segments and filled with monsters that will literally pop up right in front or under you if you stand still to long. The most famous enemies of the series are the Egg Plant Wizards but they are nothing but pains that make you back track when compared to the real ass hole of the series, the god damn Grim Reaper. When you get to a Reaper the game turns into Metal Gear, when the Reaper turns around you need to get past him fast or try and kill him because if he sees you he will summon an annoying as hell swarm of little reapers to tear your shit up. I hate those bastards so much.

Also Earnest Evans on Mega Drive/Genesis I kind of thought was difficult just for the fact of how the controls work and how everything from the enemies to even the god damn environment has a bad case of ADD and is flying all over the place. Its a game where you need to memorize and take advantage of bugs and safe spots and just try and get to the end of the stage as fast as possible.

Also Rocket Knight Adventures I remember being pretty challenging near the end of it.

Actually probably the hardest game I ever played was Haunted Castle in the arcade, the bastard son of the Castlevania series. I used to try and memorize a lot of the hazards in it but it still didn't do me much good when I actually got to playing it.

If we are talking about what the highest difficulty level we have seen in a game is then I would have to go with the home versions of Fatal Fury 3 just for the fact that the ranking of difficulties goes:
    -Very Easy
    -Easy
    -Normal
    -MVS
    -Hard
    -Very Hard
    -Hyper Hard
    -Strong Hard

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dead Space 1/2 on the hardest is quite hard and annoying for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn qwop!

Witcher 2 on hardest difficulty.

Capitan America on Nintendo NES - last boss. No WoW boss could even compete with that. I finished this game only spamming save\load button on my NES emulator. I cant imagine anyone doing it without instant save\load.

Probably QWOP.
    I don't understand why people say the new CoDs are hard. I do play a ton of CoD, but I did MW2/BlackOps on Veteran first playthrough and only a few spots were annoying.
    CoD2, CoD4 and WaW I found challenging because a) the levels were usually too boring for me to hold interest b) infinite grenades c) as always teammates are useless.
    But seriously, CoD has nothing on QWOP

edit: Ah shit, Ninja Gaiden. Whatever the difficulty above the normal was, I was fucked from the start. I haven't been bored enough to look it up in a while, but a few months ago only a handful of people had beaten it on the highest difficulty legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

metroid prime 2 emperor eng/dark samus fight

couldn't save get your health or ammo back between the fights