Ret weapon question (353 v 359)

Currently, for ret, I have the 353 crit / mastery mace from zg. I was wondering though if one of the 359 pvp weapons would be better though? I know it would obviously be a loss of about 220 master at the gain of a slight amount of crit but is the weapon damage enough to make it worth it? I can only run FL as holy and I know the BWD mace doesn't actually exist >:/

But yeah, because a lot of our damage comes directly or indirectly from our weapon damage, would that make it worth using a 359 Vic weapon?

weapon damage is worth some ridiculous amount of dps for ret, its probley more of a side-grade than anything because of the loss of mastery. Current at around 23 mastery, my mastery is sometimes my number 1 dps output at around 25% or so of my damage, depending on fight ofcourse.

My pally is currently holy MS, ret OS (for solo'ing achievements mostly) and I was just patient and waited till no-one needed a FL wep for ms to get my ret wep (got the mace from rag currently) if your also looking for another weapon which would be an upgrade, there's also the crafted 2h sword (365 ilvl), which would be better than both of the 2 weapons you mentioned, though it can be costly depending on how much time you want to spend farming and your servers economy.
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2011-10-31 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    weapon damage is worth some ridiculous amount of dps for ret, its probley more of a side-grade than anything because of the loss of mastery. Current at around 23 mastery, my mastery is sometimes my number 1 dps output at around 25% or so of my damage, depending on fight ofcourse.

My pally is currently holy MS, ret OS (for solo'ing achievements mostly) and I was just patient and waited till no-one needed a FL wep for ms to get my ret wep (got the mace from rag currently) if your also looking for another weapon which would be an upgrade, there's also the crafted 2h sword (365 ilvl), which would be better than both of the 2 weapons you mentioned, though it can be costly depending on how much time you want to spend farming and your servers economy.
    Almost. Mastery is a good stat, but it also scales from weapon damage.

@OP, since the weapons are the same speed, yes, the 359s are upgrades. Mastery is a nice stat, and you do lose some, but weapon damage/dps is a far more important stat for retribution, so you're better off picking more of that up. The 359 weapons are really easy to get these days anyway

You could always farm for the Archaeology Troll sword, that way you're not wasting a stat(Resil) for PvE stuff. Reforge the hit to mastery if you don't need hit, and it might give you some extra hit to reforge mastery elsewhere as well.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Quote Originally Posted by Grissym View Post
    You could always farm for the Archaeology Troll sword, that way you're not wasting a stat(Resil) for PvE stuff. Reforge the hit to mastery if you don't need hit, and it might give you some extra hit to reforge mastery elsewhere as well.
    Not always viable. Get the PvP weapons then farm the sword, you may never see it. I know I haven't seen many rares at all with this crap profession.

Downgrade to one the 3.8s 346 weapons. They're better than the 353's.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=62454

3.8 2h sword obtainable through tol barad dailies as it's 3.8 will be beter than your 353 even with the 7ilevels lower.
    or
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=56342
    3.8 2h sword from grim batol bis 2h from normal heroics due to it's mastery.

Deleted
    SimCraft

Best thing to do...