Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyM View Post
    Many people can't have fun when the game design is stacked against them. And as far as getting into raids regardless, there are only 3 Destro Warlocks ranked for H.Rag kills. Of those three, all three were beat by another warlock in the same raid. One of the three is also ranked as Demo, and did more damage than as Destro, despite the Demo parse being weeks earlier.

At lower levels of play, sure, skill makes a bigger difference than gear. The thing is, people that have the skill could still probably be doing more as a 'better' spec.

As far as all this feral talk, can we get back on the topic? I fully expect patch notes, but not substantial buffs. They changed lunar shower, but it lead to people ignoring the talent completely, and I doubt they are particularly fond of that. Our new 4pc is next to useless (though so are many). We are heavily reliant on DI. That being said, it could be worse.

As far as spec, I was speaking more towards druids in relation to tanking/dps/or healing. For a pure dps class if you arent playing the spec that does the most damage you're doing it wrong.

While boomkin single-target is quite simplistic, it is also fairly low dmg.

Our AoE and multidotting however, can turn that simplistic rotation into one of the hardest in the game in terms of perfecting dps and timing.

I wouldn't say our single target is that low.

Why are people saying that boomkin single target dps is low? People say this must be in like 359 gear raiding with people in 378. Boomkin is for sure in the top 5 even maybe the top 3 ranking for dps...check raidlogs

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 07:01 AM ----------

yeah i have a ret paladin and its by the far hardest spec ive played, when you pop zealotry and wings SOO many things light up and it can get confusing, i use cls ret (the addon that tells you your rotation step by step) but don't like that i have to stare at it because i end up standing in fire or something for like 1 extra second then i need to

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Why are people saying that boomkin single target dps is low? People say this must be in like 359 gear raiding with people in 378. Boomkin is for sure in the top 5 even maybe the top 3 ranking for dps...check raidlogs

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 07:01 AM ----------

yeah i have a ret paladin and its by the far hardest spec ive played, when you pop zealotry and wings SOO many things light up and it can get confusing, i use cls ret (the addon that tells you your rotation step by step) but don't like that i have to stare at it because i end up standing in fire or something for like 1 extra second then i need to
    Right now, boomkin can only really be compared to other casters with access to legendary on WoL. Mages, warlocks both rate higher. Shadow is about the same, ele a touch lower.

However, without legendary - marks hunters, rogues, fury warriors are easily higher single-target. Right now WoL for boomkins is artificially high single-target because ALL those top parses tend to be based around 1) legendary 2) DI

Even with multi-target, boomkin isn't always the best if movement doesn't kill melee. Top rogue beat top boomkin on shannox for example
    Last edited by DraconusIX; 2011-11-01 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    I can live with not being top 1-3 on the meters every single encounter (1 in firelands)

Seeing as we wtfbbqpwn at multitargetting I dont know why people expect us to shine at solo target as well. We're not even close to being the worst anyway.

I guess what im trying to say is that the difference in dps when solo targetting compared to multitargets is so much bigger than almost all other classes. Sure, a rogue 100% uptime on blade flurry will be far ahead but, really, how often does that happen on progress?
    On farm? yea, sure but who cares.

Given the history of our spec, Boomkin are still doing pretty well. I agree that we could use a bit of a buff to single target DPS, but I'm really pretty happy right now. Happy and waiting to see what happens to us in MoP.

We will fall behind though as legendary gets nerfed and our continued poor scaling in single-target compared to most other classes.

things we need
    - 2.5-5% buff to starsurge, wrath, and starfire dmg.
    -3 min cd to autoproc an eclipse of our choice (potentially could be between a 2 to 6 min cd)
    -for uneclipsed MF not to overwrite eclipsed MF/SF

Give us those 3 and we will be good for 4.3.
    Last edited by DraconusIX; 2011-11-01 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    what we need is moonkin form to be a CD so we have 1 decent CD that actually matters and we can transmogrif(+spelling) and look c00L like other classes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viled View Post
    Swipe has been nerfed...darn now bear TANKS cant do 10k+ dps on fights....

neither of those nerfs affect how the class plays and was only done to address a SERIOUS imba ill still be topping charts without the extra WG
    yes i can do 10k+ dps on a SINGLE target fight. aoe about 20k, with berserk + mangle spam, i have gotten 48k dps in ZA even, pull 2 cat packs headed to lynx(4th boss)
    yes WG is getting nerfed, so is CoH for priests, and holy radiance for paladin(and another for them to i believe)
    only healer getting buffed this patch are Rshama, which is one of my alts, Glendrider-Darkspear(US) and i've killed reg rag on him as well already, and top healing charts against the other alt healers(double what the Rdruid does, not going to name and shame though)

could be a playstyle thing, or simply it is an alt, and they don't care enough to max their potential, their main(rogue) is amazing.

but even if the other healing spec's got nerfed, i don't think rshama should of gotten buffed like that, but whatever it makes me happy.

but yeah that bear comment...swipe barely does anything already, are they nerfing it again or is it just a tooltip fix?

who cares, pull 17-20k dps on my BEAR overall in ZA, and over 11-15k dps on single target raid bosses(i.e. MT'ing Shannox)
    and only 2 pieces of heroic gear atm lol, don't even have my 4p yet - silly epgp loot system...sigh...

swipe / thrash, tab lacerate for cd's then when ya have 3-4 up get mangle procs to get debuff on everything - thrash some more. i do swipe, but its not a biggie for me if it gets nerfed again.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/ says boomkin at the top so idk who to believe. :P I mean our boomkin does a good job cleaning up adds, and still does very solid damage to bosses like baleroc. My small knowledge i think boomkins are in a very good place, only thing missing would be a 30 second cd that pushes you to an eclipse thats only able to be used out of combat like someone else mentioned earlier.

fix the typhoon glitch kthx

I doubt we'll see any changes to Moonkin for 4.3. Everything that needs addressed such as our clunky AoE will be considered "too big" a change for this patch. Therefore we'll go w/o changes until the expansion.

If I could have any wish...I hope blizzard addresses the damage of Starsurge. It's low...and is only used during my Eclipse. The 4p t13 is trash on top of things....that should be changed too.

Other than that...Moonkins will perform well next tier because there's a lot of cleave that we can abuse therefore making people think we are overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamindps View Post
    fix the typhoon glitch kthx
    I couldn't agree more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girradda View Post
    Why not just play whats fun?
    Look, while i do understand the meaning of this post... I do not really think you understand why some of us atleast would like to have some sort of change for balance druids, because when people raid/pvp they do want to have fun, and what is fun when you play against other classes that simply are more buffed or better then the balance class currently are (specially in arena)

While i really do not care one bit about the new "Spell effect" that they added i also hoped for a blue post to sort the issues balance druid have.

The links people have put out here is nothing compared to when you are fighting a boss. the links is made on a "Standing still and not move a inch just nuke nuke" PoV.

Single target damage IS lower (not by miles tho) compared to other classes right now, and in 4.3 it will be even lower due to other classes getting buffed, again.
    (this is not compared to legendary users, or people who simply have lower gear.. compare classes who have the same gear and knowledge before you say something please.. (Locks is the best single target dps right now if played properly > IS one of the best classes on Rag heroic and destro is getting buffed in 4.3 so 3 diffrent specs to play with..)

Only class i felt was deserving alot of attention was Ret paladins and they got it.

Yes multi target fights we are nice, but it should not HAVE to be a multi target fight for a class to be good, you have other classes who shine on multi aswell so i dont see why its even brought up.

What is then the issue with single target fights?
    You can probebly think of alot of diffrent reasons for every class, from my pov alot of movement on fights hurt my dps so my eyes bleed, the long cast on starfire while in lunar eclipse hurts me even more, the dots compared to other classes is not as high even if they finally got buffed.

But hey.. when we are in solar eclipse we do nice aoe damage we should be happy with this!(1-1-1 =3 mushrooms, 3 Gcd's and 10 cd 6 yard range so if the adds are moved you have to replace the shit (CLUMPSY AOE)) while other classes press one button and HEY LOTS OF NUMBERS!!

I do not see any issue with the aoe damage at all even if i have allways felt it was to clumpsy (i cant let it go sorry), but other classes have fine aoe damage aswell and some of them press one button or let the pet do the work and they QQ even more on forums.
    So let us qq about the single target and some attention please. we are fat.. we need more love :<
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

I agree what your saying but in my honest opinion i actually feel like the will do a little touch up work on Moonkin. If you noticed they have saved all the OP/UD specs for last to release the patch notes and this is in my opinion because they are thinking long and hard about what to do to fix them. (Frost Mage/Boomkin/Ret) All need a lot of fixing and yes they have released a small note on Ret but honestly i don't think thats it. Nerfing the 60% damage from HoR has to come with another spell being buffed but thats just my opinion. Moonkin isn't that broken to have to fix it till next expansion, only thing we need is a ability to put us into a eclipse like i mentioned before. I think what they should do is buff MF/IS and our other spells.They have to be careful what they buff because we are fairly strong in RBG and especially with the legendarys wouldn't be fair for us to get a buff to 3 shot everything. I'm perfectly fine with the state of Moonkin dps single target, although a 2-3k DPS buff would put us in a very good place. As far as the shroom things, i know its silly but sometimes i just like to go into lunar eclipse and cast a starfall while dotting up and if possible shroom because its just easier, the dps suffers a bit but i like the feel of a smoother damage input

T12_H sim - 33894
    T13_H sim - 33898

huh? A full tier of upgrades only nets us 4 dps? Somehow I think the validity of this simcraft site is pretty poor....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    T12_H sim - 33894
    T13_H sim - 33898

huh? A full tier of upgrades only nets us 4 dps? Somehow I think the validity of this simcraft site is pretty poor....
    where are you getting a t3_h sim from? don't see anything on the simcraft site, last available update seems to be 4.3 mechanics, 4.2 gear.

Deleted
    Im waiting for a decent tier 4-piece bonus instead of the shit blizzard has spewed ouy.

Quote Originally Posted by MCitra View Post
    Look, while i do understand the meaning of this post... I do not really think you understand why some of us atleast would like to have some sort of change for balance druids, because when people raid/pvp they do want to have fun, and what is fun when you play against other classes that simply are more buffed or better then the balance class currently are (specially in arena)

While i really do not care one bit about the new "Spell effect" that they added i also hoped for a blue post to sort the issues balance druid have.

The links people have put out here is nothing compared to when you are fighting a boss. the links is made on a "Standing still and not move a inch just nuke nuke" PoV.

Single target damage IS lower (not by miles tho) compared to other classes right now, and in 4.3 it will be even lower due to other classes getting buffed, again.
    (this is not compared to legendary users, or people who simply have lower gear.. compare classes who have the same gear and knowledge before you say something please.. (Locks is the best single target dps right now if played properly > IS one of the best classes on Rag heroic and destro is getting buffed in 4.3 so 3 diffrent specs to play with..)

Only class i felt was deserving alot of attention was Ret paladins and they got it.

Yes multi target fights we are nice, but it should not HAVE to be a multi target fight for a class to be good, you have other classes who shine on multi aswell so i dont see why its even brought up.

What is then the issue with single target fights?
    You can probebly think of alot of diffrent reasons for every class, from my pov alot of movement on fights hurt my dps so my eyes bleed, the long cast on starfire while in lunar eclipse hurts me even more, the dots compared to other classes is not as high even if they finally got buffed.

But hey.. when we are in solar eclipse we do nice aoe damage we should be happy with this!(1-1-1 =3 mushrooms, 3 Gcd's and 10 cd 6 yard range so if the adds are moved you have to replace the shit (CLUMPSY AOE)) while other classes press one button and HEY LOTS OF NUMBERS!!

I do not see any issue with the aoe damage at all even if i have allways felt it was to clumpsy (i cant let it go sorry), but other classes have fine aoe damage aswell and some of them press one button or let the pet do the work and they QQ even more on forums.
    So let us qq about the single target and some attention please. we are fat.. we need more love :<
    If you expect Blizzard to make all the classes equal, and have the exact same dps you need to play another game, cause its never gonna happen in this one. Thats all I'm gonna say.

Deleted
    actually on PTR fire mages are rocking in AOE fights just because mushrooms are clunky.
    and dragonwrath isn't making a big difference on ptr for balance druids

I wander why they have nerfed the staf from ilvl 404 and taken it down to 397, but then gave much more spell power to new staves...wtf a legendary weapon that lasts for a single patch and it takes that whole patch to create one as a 10man quild ? :S

is it possible they are going to buff a legendary weapon to keep it legendary ? did that ever happened ?